Forum

Posts by Michaël Beaudin (Michaël Beaudin)

Mr Zheng,

A new version of WhoIs is now available for download here : https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/AddOn

This version should be accessible in either the "Session Tool" or "Application Tool" tab and contains a small bug fix that the .dll I gave you doesn't have.

Glad to have been of help !

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs Adding imports for Winbox Lists and allowing Whois to look up co.za sites.

Hello Mr. Green,

When you mention the pcomm5250 are you talking about our AddOn for IBM Personal communications ?

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs IBM i on Power Access Client

Mr Zheng,

It is possible for you to test this change without waiting for the next RDM update. To do so go in the " %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager " folder and drop the PowerToolsAddOn.dll file that I have included in this post (In the Powertools2.4.0.1.zip).

Please let us know if WhoIs works properly or not after that.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs Adding imports for Winbox Lists and allowing Whois to look up co.za sites.

Hello Mr. Zheng,

I have made a few changes to the implementation we had of WhoIs and it is now possible to get a result from .co.za adresses.

However, the result might not be what you expected. If we use "google.co.za" you will receive the following message :

Registered
Not the default registrar
%referral url:http://www.coza.net.za/cgi-bin/whois.sh?Domain=google

Basically the WhoIs we use doesn't have the information on .co.za domains but will give you a link to the coza.net.za website which specializes on them.

Please note that if you type "www.google.co.za" you will receive the message "Incorrect Querry" meaning that the WhoIs that we query to doesn't accept the "www" in it's .co.za searches.

I don't think that we can hope for a better result. Would this be satisfactory for you ?

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for testing. If you don't mind I have a few question to help me figure out what isn't working on your end.

1) The new version of the Add-On basically replicates the code of the "Save shortcut" option of Veeam. Would you please use the Veeam shortcut on your desktop and test if that option works for you ? If you fill out all the fields before clicking "Save shortcut" it should automatically connect when you open the created shortcut

2) If you search in your W2012R2 Server for "Credential Manager" -> "Windows Credentials" and then try to add a generic credential are you able to do it ? (you can put in random information it doesn't matter)

3) In your RDM, what Icon does the Veeam entry have ? Is it a blue "V", a green "V" or a white "i" surrounded by a red circle ?

4) If all 3 previous questions have for an answer :

- 1) yes
- 2) yes
- 3) Blue "V"

Everything should work successfully. If there are still problems try to put the .dll directly in \AppData\Roaming\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager instead of \AppData\Roaming\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\AddOns and restart your RDM if it is opened. Does it work then ?

Please answer the questions in the format I have in question #4

Best regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs Add-on Request: Veeam Backup Console

Hello,

A few changes have been made to the Add-On and everything is working fine on our side. However, our testing environment for Veeam is quite limited so please make sure it is satisfactory on your end.

To test the new version simply replace the old VeeamAddOn.dll with the new one linked in this post in %localAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Hello,

We have made a first version of the AddOn. Could you please test it out and see if it works for you ?

To have this feature work you will need to run RDM as an administrator.

To install the AddOn simply drop the VeeamAddOn.dll in %localAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

Best regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Hello,

The feature you have requested will be added in the next update. You can export your Web URL in the CSV or XLS format.

To do so simply right click -> export special -> export .csv or .xls.

Best regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs Exporting list, exporting "Create Web URL"

Dear Mr. Dye,

The feature you requested will be added in the next update of RDM. The things you have requested will have the following names for the command line :

template_id = TEMPLATE
credential_repo_id = CREDENTIAL
credential_id = DYNAMICCREDENTIAL
database_id = DATASOURCE
datasource_id = DATASOURCE (both database_id and datasource_id have the same result when being inputted in DATASOURCE)
rd_gateway = RDGATEWAY

Therefor the command line will look something like this :

rdm://open?DATASOURCE=your_datasource_or_database_id&TEMPLATE=your_template_id&HOST=your_computer&PORT=your_port&RDGATEWAY=your_gateway_name&CREDENTIAL=your_credential_repo_id&DYNAMICCREDENTIAL=your_selected_credential_id

To obtain the required id's follow these steps :

TEMPLATE -> FILE -> Templates -> Select your template -> Advanced -> Session ID

DATASOURCE & HOST & PORT -> Right click your RDP -> properties -> advanced -> choose Database ID, Datasource ID, Host or Port

CREDENTIAL -> Right click credential repository -> properties -> advanced -> Session ID or Right click RDP -> clipboard -> copy -> preview tab -> find "CredentialConnectionID"

DYNAMICCREDENTIAL -> Right click your RDP -> copy -> preview tab -> find "DynamicValue"

Please take note that if you set the RDGateway value in your template (General -> Connection tab -> Use the RD Gateway server settings) you won't need to give it as a parameter in your command line.

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs [Web Protocol Handler] Additional Parameters?

Mr. Hine,

When you mention that you want simplehelp added into the fold I assume that you are talking about the Technician Console as shown below and not the customer or remote access service executables ?

Capture

Please confirm if this assumption is correct.

Regards

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

3 yrs Simplehelp plugin?