Forum

Posts by David Grandolfo (David Grandolfo)

David Grandolfo
David GrandolfoDevolutions staff

Hi,

I tried to copy text, logs, output with or without empty lines and when pasting them in Notepad or Notepad ++ there is no empty line that appears as before.

Can you describe how I can reproduce the issue? you can send us a video if you want on the forum or by email ticket@devolutions.net

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

2 mths Problem with paste text on ssh session
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Good news, a new version of Devolutions Web Login 8.4.1.0 is available and includes a fix for this issue.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Web Login won't save credentials
David Grandolfo

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue, and a ticket has been submitted to our engineering department (DWL-430).

Thank you for reporting the issue.

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Web Login won't save credentials
David Grandolfo

Hello,

In the current beta version of RDM 2019.2.4 we have added the SSH broadcast feature.

The option is available from the dropdown menu in the dashboard:

SSH+broadcast+1

SSH+broadcast

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Multiple input, especially for SSH
David Grandolfo

Hello,

Could you try deleting the .lyt files in %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager and then restart RDM?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths layout view problems
David Grandolfo

Hello,

We are moving this thread in the feature request section. The engineering department will investigate.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Undock to a virtual desktop?
David Grandolfo

Hello,

For information, if you are using Wayk Now in the external mode you could go to Display --> Active Monitor and switch to the monitor of your choice.

Wayk+monitor

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Dual Monitors
David Grandolfo

Hello Joe,

Sorry for the delay, the task is always on our todo list. I made a follow up on the ticket RDMW-899 and as soon as I have news we will inform you.

For information, we are currently working on main features of RDM 2019.2 . The OpenVPN Multiple feature is not scheduled to be built in short term.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths OpenVPN: Allow multiple active profiles
David Grandolfo

Our dev in charge of this issue just returns this week from vacation. He's currently looking at his ticket by priority.

We will update you soon.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths New terminal does not support rectangular selection
David Grandolfo

The engineering department is still evaluating the behaviour. We will notify you as soon as we have further details.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH shell does not support ctrl and alt arrow keyboard combinations
David Grandolfo

Hello,

First, if you still have access to your old computer, you could copy RDM configuration which is located under %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\remotedesktopmanager.cfg . If you copy this file, you will get back all your setup.

That said, if you lose them, go under File > Options > Types > RDP and I think the option you are looking for are:
Screen sizing mode set it to Smart reconnect
Remote desktop size I'm not sure if the best option for you is to set it to "Automatic" or "1440x900" Test both.

rdp+screen

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Resize RDP windows on the fly
David Grandolfo

Could you try the Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) session?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths How can I access my Local Network on Remote Desktop
David Grandolfo

Hello Jelle,

Base on the session you had with my colleague Mark, we found that the Offline Datasource issue you are getting is caused by the Ping online method configuration. When set to Ping it will cause the offline issue. The current workaround is to set it to None.

This is the wrong confguration
azure+datasource+ping

I opened a ticket with the engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Can't get offline R/W working and can't online an offline datasource
David Grandolfo

Hello Martin,

A search with the IP address is already available through the advanced search under the General Information section.

Search+Ip

Regarding the MAC address, we will wait for the answer to the engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Ability to search navigation list for mac
David Grandolfo

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue and a ticket has been submitted to our engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Web site blinks, if browser type set to Google and moving courser in top part of RDM
David Grandolfo

Hello Holger,

My colleague from the sales department also transferred to me the same request you asked by email. We will continue on the forum; our answer could help the community.

It looks like the RDM infrastructure you are using is RDM connected directly on a database (ex.: MSSQL). This infrastructure support interaction with Remote Desktop Manager only. Having a database as backend without middleware (server) restrain the possibility to use an API.

The usage of a synchronizer seems to be the best option. However, you could use PowerShell commands for any interaction with Remote Desktop Manager.

If the feature request is to connect to an existing API, we could look to do this base on the community interest. Using an API required a server which means Devolutions Password Server will be required.

Is the synchronizer a solution you could use, or looking to go further with Devolutions Password Server is an option?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths API-Integration and Synchronization with CRM-System (CAS genesisWorld)
David Grandolfo

Hi Keiran,

Thanks for the print screen, the loading animation has not been implemented for O365 user only. As you could see in my print screen if you have Office 365 and another integration as Custom login or Domain, the loading animation will be on the button.

For further follow up, the internal ticket for this request is DPS-3555.

Regards and sorry for the confusion,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Login screen - loading animation
David Grandolfo

Hello Stefan,

We do not have an integration with Jira, that said, if you are looking to create entries automatically in RDM you can run a Synchronizer with a CSV file.

What are you trying to perform with RDM and Jira?

Regarding the second question, RDM could connect to different types of DB as SQL Server, SQL Azure or much. Depending on what you are looking to pull from the database many "public" information could be available with a standard query.

If pulling information from a database is not an option, RDM also integrates PowerShell. Many scripts are available in the PowerShell Repository section of the forum.

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Use RDM as CMDB for JIRA and ICINGA2
David Grandolfo

Hello,

I assigned this thread to one of our DPS experts, before she looks at the issue, could you give us the version of the console you are using?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Installing DPS, Cannot finish because OK button is disabled on "Backup Encryption Keys" dialog
David Grandolfo

Hello,

I forgot to mention that the workaround will be to double the &. Example in your case the name should be "Veeam B&&R".

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths SSH issue with "r" key
David Grandolfo

Hello Martin,

What type of data source are you using? Is it a Devolutions Online Database?
Is the authentication prompt is Devolutions login prompt?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Logging back into RDM and online backups
David Grandolfo

Good news I had a chat with the engineering department, and we will do a fix for the "&" in the tab group.

In a future version of RDM, you will be able to use "&" and RDM will not take it as a shortcut.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Thanks, I transferred it to the engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Import Data from Password Safe 7
David Grandolfo

Hi,

Is the second pop-up you see is this screen or it's another Microsoft Office account pop-up?

DPS+loggin

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Hello,

Is there a way to get a copy of this CSV template.

Please use the secure link below to send us the requested file(s);
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Hello,

We are currently investigating the issue; however, with a template of CSV file, it will be easier to see the changes.

Could you provide us an example of the CSV export by Password Safe 7?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Hello,

The password field is different from the other field. It's encrypted, and we can't use a variable in. What are you trying to perform, perhaps we could guide you in another way.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Variables in VPN Password Field
David Grandolfo

Hi,

Thanks for the test and I'm glad that it's now working fine. Regarding the "&" I couldn't figure that. I will look with the engineering department if it's as design.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Hello,

The feature has been added in Devolutions Password Server 2019.1.

For a DPS upgrade, we strongly recommend following the instructions on this online help page: Upgrading Devolutions Password Server

We also offer a free remote session to assist you during the upgrade process of your DPS instance. If you would like to book a session, please let us know.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

David Grandolfo

Hello,

We had another customer with a similar issue who created the forum https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30705-unable-to-create-the-citrix-control-the-request-timed-out.aspx

This issue seems to be caused by the 64 bits version of the Citrix plugin. That said, RDM free doesn't include any 32-bit version.

For test purpose, could you download RDM enterprise trial and start Remotedesktopmanager.exe to confirm our assumption.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

3 mths Unable to create the Citrix control, the request timed out.