Forum

Posts by bracine (bracine)

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

I can confirm that I am able to connect through a simple ssh tunnel setup on my end.

Ports 0-1024 are not accessible on Android devices, please try changing the port 1001 to another port above 1024 and see if that helps.

If you receive an error message saying that the host cannot be reached : try going to the Settings screen, under "sessions", and disabling "Check if host is online"

If you want to take screenshots : you can enable screenshots in the app by going to the Settings screen, under "security", and turning off "Protect data from screen capture"

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

2 yrs android ssh connection doesn't work
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We have found a bug with our SSH Tunnel implementation where it will sometimes return the error -22 even though the connection was successful. While we were not able to reproduce your issue on our end, we suspect this bug is the reason you are experiencing issues. We will have it fixed for our next release.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Thank you for the information and screenshots, we will investigate the problem on our end and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Password Vault Manager Version 4.3 (July 3rd 2018)

NEW FEATURES

• Repository selector
  • Repository Administration
  • Documentation: style sheet and template management
FIXES
  • Fixed a few cache management related bugs that could occur in the cache management windows (Tools > Manage Cache)

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

2 yrs Change History
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Remote Desktop Manager Version 4.3 (July 3 2018)

NEW FEATURES

• A repository selector is now displayed in the navigation drawer's header for advanced data sources that have more than one repository. Hence, repositories can no longer be set in the advanced section of the supporting data sources.
  • Repositories can now be managed (Created, modified and deleted) through the repository administration window (under the Administration section of the navigation drawer for advanced data sources)
  • Private Vault Search for credentials
  • Root Settings: Added documentation section (style sheet and template management)
IMPROVEMENTS
  • Attachment passwords can now be copied in view mode if the data source settings' password policy is set to allow reveal password
  • Attachment Logs
  • Improved Unicode character support for protocol password
  • Added a Name field for entries of type Contact
  • Check in/Checkout improvements (mostly with sub connections)
  • Password list sorting improvements
FIXES
  • View Password Option: Entries of type credentials with the option "always ask password" did not display the username and domain fields even if they were filled
  • Users should now be able to copy attachment passwords once they are revealed in view mode
  • The connection Name that was displayed in the view password dialog was lost if the device's orientation was changed
  • Fixed the handbook editor sometimes becoming incorrectly disabled after orientation change
  • Fixed an error that occurred when opening an Azure Explorer session with invalid credentials
  • Fixed a few cache management related bugs that could occur in the cache management windows (Tools > Manage Cache)
  • Cancelling the confirmation dialog when automatically checking out a subconnection didn't stop the open session workflow
  • Credentials inherited mode: Fixed a sub connection related bug
  • Wayk Now session: Fixed a few bugs to improve the session's stability

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

2 yrs Change History
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Microsoft SQL Azure data sources are currently supported in both the Android and iOS apps. While they don't appear in the list when creating a new data source, you can create a Microsoft SQL data source and then change the server type to SQL Azure. Alternatively you can use the data source export/import feature to import an existing SQL Azure data source from Windows/Mac.

Note that Active Directory logins are not supported for now. It is a limitation of our framework at this time, we do not know when we will be able to support it.

Please tell us if you encounter any issues trying to connect to an SQL Azure data source from a mobile device.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

2 yrs Support for SQL Azure data source
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Benjamin,

I have been able to reproduce the issue with a physical mouse and am actively working on a fix. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with a trackpad or touchpad, but I believe the fix should correct the issue in all 3 modes.

The fix should be available in the next release, which should come out in a few weeks.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs RDP Click Delay
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Thank you for the information, we will try to reproduce the issue and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs RDP Click Delay
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

I'm investigating your issue. I would like to know more about your setup :

Does your RDP connection use any custom settings outside of the host and credentials? If it does do you experience the same issues on a connection that doesn't use those settings?

Do you use a physical mouse? If not are you using the mouse pointer mode or the touch mode in the session? (You can change this by clicking the 4th icon from the left in the bottom bar)

Are there any specific gestures (i.e. double click, drag-and-drop) you are having trouble performing?

Are you on a VPN?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs RDP Click Delay
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Jared,

I've found that there is currently a bug that prevents the username and password from being saved when using Integrated Security. It will be fixed immediately and the fix will be included in our next release.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs Microsoft SQL Data Source Connection not saving Integrated Security credentials after save.
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Jared,

I will look into this issue and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs Microsoft SQL Data Source Connection not saving Integrated Security credentials after save.
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

We've just released an update for the Android app which includes support for SQL Server Google Authenticator Two Factor.

This can also be used to protect the data source with Yubikey NFC, by pairing the data source with the Yubico Authenticator app instead of the Google Authenticator app.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

3 yrs 2 factor for Android using sql db
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Eric,

Once Google Authenticator 2 factor is implemented for SQL data sources, you should be able to set it up not only with Google Authenticator but also with the Yubico Authenticator Android app. This should allow you to connect to your data source with the Android client using Yubikey NFC.

In this setup your RDM PC clients would use Yubikey 2 factor like they currently do, while your Android clients would use the Google Authenticator option setup with the Yubico Authenticator app. Would this work for you?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs 2 factor for Android using sql db
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Sorry for being unclear, I'll try to be more specific. We are planning to have the feature ready for a release sometime in November. If we encounter issues it might be pushed back to December or January, but so far we are confident about a November release.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Google Authenticator 2 Factor for data sources is on our to-do list. It should be implemented within a few releases.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Thank you for the logs. There seems to be a problem with the refresh when a data source has a very large number of connections. To make sure this is your issue, could you check the following :

-Can you open the data source from Windows and check the number of entries? You should see it next to the search bar in the main window (i.e. "300 ENTRIES").

-If you have a different database with less entries in it or if you can create one, can you try connecting to it and see if it works correctly?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs Connections not shown, refreshes indefinetly, Sql server data source
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Thank you for the logs. Can you try changing your data source to use the server's IP address and see if it helps?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Yes it's possible, although normally it should just take longer to load, not hang up indefinitely.

Could you send us your application logs? This will help us identify the issue.

To send the logs, from the app's main menu go in "Help and Support" > "Report a problem/Send logs". Your internet connection will need to be active to send the logs.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi,

Can you get into the app if you deactivate your phone's internet? (i.e. by activating airplane mode)

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Sometimes a machine can have a DNS suffix even when it doesn't have a domain. Just to be sure, the full name of the host would be the name that appears if you resolve the ip address (i.e. by typing "ping -a x.x.x.x" in Windows command line).

If that name doesn't work I'm afraid you can only use the DHCP IP address for now. The next version of the Android app will improve host name resolving on most Android devices so you can try using the host name again once it's out. The new version should be released before the end of the month.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs Remote Access on Android
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Can you try using one of the following as the host name for your session :

-The ip address of the host
-The full name of the host on the network (i.e. hostname.domain.com)

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Andrew,

To the right of each connection there should be 3 dots aligned vertically. Clicking on the dots will let you see the different options for that connection, such as view, edit or open. To launch a session, select "Open" from the list.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Eric,
Thank you for confirming the information. Data Source level Two-Factor authentication and Yubikey authentication with NFC are definitely features we would like to add to the Android client. However this would take some time to implement and Yubikey NFC in particular will require more investigation on our end before we can commit to implementing it. We cannot give an estimate of when the features would be added but we will keep you informed of new developments.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Eric,

We are investigating what would be involved in adding this feature. Could you confirm if I understand you correctly, you would like Two-Factor authentication for a Microsoft SQL Server, as a Data Source setting, using Yubikey authentication with NFC, is that correct?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Two Factor Authentication does not work yet for LastPass entries on the Android Client. It should be in the next update, which should be released in August.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs LastPass credential repository with Android client?
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hello,

Does your LastPass entry use Two Factor authentication?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs LastPass credential repository with Android client?
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Chris,

Which version of Windows 2008 servers are you trying to connect to?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs "Unable to connecto to host!" on my S6, but not Note 5
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Tim,

After investigating further, I believe we will not be able to support server connection strings with both an instance name and a custom port. However you should be able to connect to your database using either the port or the instance name alone. Please try entering the IP address of the server followed by the port number of the named instance (e.g. 192.168.0.1,2222).

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs Sign in to database
bracine
bracineDevolutions staff

Hi Tim.

The server string uses the same format as on Windows [server\instance,port]. However it seems that there is currently a bug that causes connection to fail when connecting to a named instance with a custom port. We will do our best to fix this bug for the next release, which should be coming later this month.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

4 yrs Sign in to database