Forum

Posts by thorsten (thorsten)

thorsten
thorsten

Thanks, easy fix. How is that "thing" called?

7 yrs How can I get this thing back?
thorsten
thorsten

I don't know how it's called. It's not under View > Layout. It looks like in screenshot 1 and auto-hidden like in screenshot number 2. How do I get it back?

By the way: in just under nine months RDM's interface has become horribly convoluted and intimidating that I'm scared to make any changes to connections. Just look at the properties of a RDP connection: the connection has eight generic tabs. The Information tab has five sub-tabs and then there are seven more tabs for RDP itself. Im just horrified by the idea how RDM might look in a year with each release adding feature over feature. Or ten(!) ways to open a session (under Actions).
edited by thorsten on 3/14/2013

7 yrs How can I get this thing back?
thorsten
thorsten

David Hervieux wrote:

Embedding Putty is tricky. It's based on an hack. Do you use a session or it's an embedded config?

Just for the record: the reason why "after login"commands don't work in embedded mode (but in external) is simple: the embedded PuTTY session does not have the focus (you have to click into the window to give it the focus). If you select "Focus content on application activation" option (Advanced > General) it works.
By the way: PuTTY has the same functionality under Connection > SSH > Remote Command

8 yrs PuTTY after Login Commands not working
thorsten
thorsten

yes, sure on Windows. I use DejaVu for almost anything on Windows: http://dejavu.sourceforge.net

8 yrs PuTTY window not fully maximized
thorsten
thorsten

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Do you use a large font or something like that? I will try to reproduce it on my side.

DejaVu Sans Mono 11

thorsten
thorsten

[Latest RDM Beta but the issue was existing since I started using RDM in April]
Hi,
when I start a SSH session with PuTTY, the window is not fully maximized within RDM. This is not recognizable until the prompt gets to the last row of the PuTTY window (see screenshot "PuTTY before.png"). The last row shows the command "dir test.txt" but the "." (dot) is almost not visible because the last row is partially truncated. When I "Restore Down" and then "Maximize" PuTTY again (see screenshot "PuTTY after.png") the last row shows untruncated.
Particularly annoying is that you are not able to see the cursor (before "Restore Down" and then "Maximize")
<em>edited by thorsten on 6/6/2012</em>

thorsten
thorsten

Hi,
I'm using the latest version of RDM. Tabbed sessions (like Putty or Filezilla, but for instance not UltraVNC) are losing focus when I Alt-Tab through different applications.

Example: I'm in a tabbed Putty SSH session typing something. Then I switch to - say - my browser with Alt-Tab and then switch back to the RDM window with Alt-Tab. I cannot continue typing into the Putty window because it has lost its focus.I have to click into the Putty window to give it the focus again.
This issue is in my opinion equivalent to the following: clicking into a Putty or FileZilla tabbed session does not bring RDM into the foreground. Eeasily reproducible for instance when another not maximized application is in front of RDM. Clicking into a tabbed UltraVNC session makes the foreground application disappear, clicking into a Putty or FileZilla tab doesn't.

I've noticed the Putty behaviour some years ago also with mRemote/mRemoteNG - so this might not be RDM specific. Anyway, it is pretty annoying and makes a smooth workflow without mouse impossible.
Thorsten
<em>edited by thorsten on 5/29/2012</em>

8 yrs Tabbed sessions are losing focus