Forum

Posts by thorsten (thorsten)

thorsten
thorsten

Major improvement, I would say. WinSCP opens tabbed as promised, and doesn't "crash" (disappear).

The "Windows credential prompt shows twice (when activated)" bug still occurs.

It looks like I'll be able to give the new beta RDM a more thorough test now. The first impression is very positive. Less cluttered interface, etc. Looks really good.

7 yrs Bugs in new 8.9 beta
thorsten
thorsten

By the way, it looks like this is fixed with the latest beta (8.9.10.0)

7 yrs Tabbed sessions are losing focus
thorsten
thorsten

I switched back to the classic interface in order to not lose focus for tabbed connections. Now this works but I'm not able to use any of RDM's menus with the mouse. When I click on it, it opens for a fraction of a second and closes again.

I have to switch to the Dashboard in order to be able to open menus with the mouse.

thorsten
thorsten

André Sanscartier wrote:

Hi,
The latest Beta version 8.9.10.0 contains some enhancements about windows detection.
It could solve your issue. Could you test it please ?
Regards,

On your website there's still 8.9.9.0 - so I can't test it

thorsten
thorsten

David Hervieux wrote:

What type of connection do you see that?

It affects all kinds of tabbed connections like PuTTY/KiTTY or Filezilla or Webbrowser/Firefox. RDP sessions don't seem to affected. I switched back to the classic interface and I can confirm that PuTTY and Filezilla don't lose focus there.
edited by thorsten on 8/23/2013

thorsten
thorsten

André Sanscartier wrote:

Hi,
Could you send us a printscreen of your WinSCP when active with an opened site.
It could help us to see what's the window's name at that time.

Thanks,

See attached file

thorsten
thorsten

André Sanscartier wrote:

Hi,

Indeed RDM could terminate WinSCP if it's not able to locate the WinSCP window.
What's your Windows version ?

Regards,

Windows 8 64 bit

thorsten
thorsten

Latest beta: 5.2.3 beta

thorsten
thorsten

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you call WinSCP in command line because RDM is only invoking the command line in external mode.

WinSCP does not terminate when invoked with the same command line. In RDM only after changing type to tabbed and then back to external. Maybe RDM ist terminating WinSCP?

thorsten
thorsten

the latest one: 8.9.9.0 from August, 13th

thorsten
thorsten

The 32-bit version

thorsten
thorsten

1. Windows credential prompt shows twice (when activated

2. Modications to existing entries results in duplicates of the existing entry (SQLite datasource). Probably same issue as here http://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=4929)

3. WinSCP sessions don't open tabbed (but externally).
3. a) WinSCP sessions Close after about fifteen seconds ("unable to execute the application").

4. External WinSCP sessions Close (Crash?) after about ten seconds when opened in external mode

thorsten
thorsten

Works, thanks. Looking forward to the embeddable version in the new version of Remote Desktop Manager

7 yrs TeraTerm macro fails with addon
thorsten
thorsten

The Pageant bug is not fixed yet.

By the way: it looks like it's pretty simple to make "external apps" tabbed. I'd really like to dump Putty and Filezilla for SecureCRT, Tera Term, WinSCP and SecureFX because they're so much better. The only thing that stops me is that I cannot run them tabbed (actually I can, just not in RDM)

thorsten
thorsten

- Pageant authentication doesn't work from RDM

- SSH port is reset to 22 on every save

- should be possible to run Tera Term in tabbed mode (works even from non-GUI tabbers like ConEmu)

thorsten
thorsten

It doesn't work for me either. Manual login works but from with Remote Desktop Manager no way. It looks like you actually have to specify the TERATERM.INI file in order to have it do something. Without it just sits there (see screenshot 1). With TERATERM.INI it will ask you for a user name (which is already specified in the credential information. If you specify the user name it will actually enter that into the terminal after connection.
This is probably the weirdest and most counter-intuitive RDM plugin I've used so far.

thorsten
thorsten

Niiice!

7 yrs Pack SQLite database?
thorsten
thorsten

Take Command is a terminal emulator. That means you can run any kind of console based application in it - JP Software's replacement for Cmd (TCC) or Cmd itself. See screenshot

7 yrs Console based sessions don't open maximed
thorsten
thorsten

I'm runnig Take Command in Remote Desktop Manager now. Take Command doesn't have any problems maxmizing console based apps... See screenshot

thorsten
thorsten

When I start console based applications in RDM in tabbed mode the height is automatically increased from 40 to 51. But the width is not increased: 87x40 -> 87x51

Are you saying this is a bug in Windows console handling?

thorsten
thorsten

There should be no need to manually change the buffe size. RDM should automatically change it to maxmize it to the tabbed window. RDM does it already - but only for the height, not for the width ((http://forum.devolutions.net/getattachment.ashx?fileid=2884)). This is a bug.

thorsten
thorsten

I have already done this and my second screenshot (http://forum.devolutions.net/getattachment.ashx?fileid=2884) showed it:

- Cmd in Windows: 87x40

- Cmd tabbed (embedded) in RDM: 87x52

So RDM adjusts (maximizes) the height but not the width. Quod erat demonstrandum.
edited by thorsten on 6/24/2013
edited by thorsten on 6/24/2013

thorsten
thorsten

Things that come to mind:

1. Option to show only the last folder in the tab (subfolder/session instead of folder/subfolder/session)

2. show group in tab title on a per session basis (option in session properties)

3. specify tab title in session properties (tab title != session name)

4. rename tab title of session for an existing session and apply without re-starting session

7 yrs Better support for tab titles
thorsten
thorsten

I switched to classic mode: the behaviour is the same (except that Alt-Tabbing to another application and back does not bring the popups back),

I tested this on a different Windows 8 64-bit machine.

7 yrs Tab title popups not visible when switching tabs
thorsten
thorsten

So RDM does increase the height but cannot increase the width (see screenshot)? I have problems believing that...

thorsten
thorsten

Okay, I just tested it on a bigger monitor: RDM maximizes the screen vertically but not horizontally. That sounds like a clear bug to me.

Screenshot shows an embedded Take Command TCC window which is maximized vertically but has the same horizontal size as the directly started TCC.

thorsten
thorsten

"Attempt" to reconnect is nothing you can see (actually you can see KiTTY's title changing). It's an option within KiTTY.

PuTTY on the other side will try to connect once and then on failure do nothing until you manually reconnect

7 yrs Five seconds delay when switching tabs using KiTTY
thorsten
thorsten

So what you're saying is that RDM cannot dynamically resize/maximize console-based apps?

thorsten
thorsten

No, it's "Default (Menu)".

7 yrs Tab title popups not visible when switching tabs
thorsten
thorsten

Interesting. Unfortunately that shows the /full path/ and not just the folder name it's in. So tab titles will get very long.

7 yrs Better support for tab titles