Forum

Posts by thorsten (thorsten)

thorsten
thorsten

Hello,

it's at 125% ("recommended") - which Windows configured at that value automatically. No idea why.

Thorsten

3 yrs Cannot enter "Custom Command Line Parameter"
thorsten
thorsten

Last note: the second parameter seems to be there but "invisible". If I press Tab in the first field and type blindly something, the receiving command receives parameter {2}

thorsten
thorsten

Interestingly, if I enter a second parameter, then the first becomes visible and editable (but not the second). In this case #1 is Host and #2 is Port. In 3.0.1.0 I can see both parameters

thorsten
thorsten

I narrowed it down: the problem starts with version 3.0.6.0 - 3.0.5.0 still works.

3 yrs {ENTER} does not work
thorsten
thorsten

I narrowed it down: the problem starts with version 3.0.3.0 - 3.0.1.0 still works...

thorsten
thorsten

The test session works as expected on another computer (I copied the complete RDM application directory to the other machine). Maybe there is a dependency missing on my laptop?

thorsten
thorsten

Result: everything is passed into the session - except the {ENTER}. It does work on my work computer though.

My other problem (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27854-cannot-enter-custom-command-line-parameter.aspx) makes me think that this might be a problem in my "environment" - maybe some component that is not installed?

thorsten
thorsten

Please find the file attached

thorsten
thorsten

[Windows 10, RDM 3.5.4]

Hi,

I created a "command line" session ("Run: ping {1}") and a parameter ("Parameter #1" of type text and no default value). When opening the session, I'm not able to type anything in the designated field (no text cursor appears - see screenshot)

thorsten
thorsten

[Windows 10, RDM 3.5.4]

{ENTER} does not work in "After Login Commands" in a "SSH Shell" session - neither implicit ("Automatic {ENTER} after command") nor explicit. The command is typed, a new line occurs but the command is not executed (see screenshot "ssh - internal"). A manual keyboard enter executes the command.

It DOES work in a "PuTTY" session (see screenshot "ssh -external")

Regards, Thorsten

thorsten
thorsten

The issue is caused by the advanced option "Use DirectX rendering in VNC"

3 yrs Yellow artifacts in standard VNC connection
thorsten
thorsten

Same on Ubuntu showing RDM's website in Opera21+05++2017+19+18+13

thorsten
thorsten

RDM 3.5.2
VMware Workstation 12.5.6

Connecting to the console of a virtual machine (I tested Ubuntu and macOS) results in yellow artifacts when using RDM's default VNC application in embedded or undocked mode. It does not happen with UltraVNC connection in embedded or undocked mode or when using external mode.

I think Remote Desktop Manager uses internal DLLs or plugins in embedded or undocked mode.

21+05++2017+18+43+27

thorsten
thorsten

Jean-François,

I'm using a local SQLite database. I had no problems connecting.

4 yrs Downgrade from Enterprise to Free Edition
thorsten
thorsten

Hm, not exactly what I meant (and wanted).

Here's what I did: I copied RemoteDesktopManager.cfg, RemoteDesktopManager.lyt, and RemoteDesktopManager.ext from my existing installation and renamed them to RemoteDesktopManagerFree keeping the extension. That's all: I retained settings, layout and connections.

thorsten
thorsten

Hi,

is downgrading from Enterprise to Free Edition still supported? If so how, what's the best way to to it? Any gotchas?

Thorsten

thorsten
thorsten

RemoteDesktopManager.log is not written. Otherwise I cannot find any specific log

5 yrs All settings lost when upgrading from 11.0.20.0 to 11.0.21.0
thorsten
thorsten

yes, ribbon disabled. My configuration will follow if I figure out how.

thorsten
thorsten

Taomyn wrote:

I just upgraded to 11.0.22.0 and the same thing has happened. Lost all my settings, 32bit and 64bit (I normally use the latter), application has reverted to trial and thinks it's the Enterprise version which I didn't have before.

Don't close RDM and save your .cfg file before it's too late... Good luck!

thorsten
thorsten

Same with 11.0.22.0

5 yrs "Configure Installation Path" error with 11.0.20.0
thorsten
thorsten

I am confirming both of Logharn's observations. The guy should lead your tech support team for sure ;-)

thorsten
thorsten

Clicking on "Configure Installation Path" in RDM's settings gives error "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1" (see screenshot). Reverting to the latest non-beta (11.0.18.0) fixes the issue2016+01+23+10+46+40

5 yrs "Configure Installation Path" error with 11.0.20.0
thorsten
thorsten

it was saved in RDM's installation directory. Basically ignored on startup and written on exit. The zip file does not contain the .cfg file.

The file names in Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.11.0.20.0.zip are identical to Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.11.0.21.0.zip (at least in the root)

thorsten
thorsten

Hi,

I'm using the portable (zip) version of Remote Desktop Manager. All settings (connections, settings, enterprise license) are lost when upgrading from 11.0.20.0 to 11.0.21.0 (by copying the contents of the zip file into the installation directory). It looks like the new version ignores RemoteDesktopManager.cfg on startup and writes a default version on exit. In my case RemoteDesktopManager.cfg was truncated from 14 Kb to about 2KB.

thorsten
thorsten

Confirming that the fix works. Which "engine" am I using now? The one in Applications/XulRunner? Or the one configured in Installation path > GeckoFX xulrunner?

7 yrs Cannot access https websites with Firefox embedded
thorsten
thorsten

Hi,
I cannot access https web sites with non trusted certificates with embedded Firefox (http works, https works with Internet Explorer). With version 8 (I think) the workaround from http://forum.devolutions.net/topic1006-allow-embed-firefox-to-access-ssl-winvalid-certs.aspx worked - copying cert_override from Firefox to AppData\Local\Geckofx\1.9\DefaultProfile\.
That doesn't work anymore. Also, there used to be an error message - now, there is no error, just nothing happens.

7 yrs Cannot access https websites with Firefox embedded
thorsten
thorsten

Is this already possible? I'd be very interested to see which Connection uses a credential entry...

7 yrs credentials repository - where used
thorsten
thorsten

The focus issue, the menu issue still occurs

7 yrs Tabbed sessions are losing focus
thorsten
thorsten

I will do so.

I also found another issue during the weekend: on my home PC Winscp will not become tabbed. RDM times out after some time saying that it cannot find WinSCP (which is started fine).

This is the same WinSCP and the same RDM (running from a USB thumb drive - so it *really* is the same). On my desktop PC (also Windows 8 64-bit) the "tabbing" works almost instanteneously.

7 yrs Bugs in new 8.9 beta
thorsten
thorsten

Short feedback:

- SQLite bug fixed (as promised above)

- the ""Windows credential prompt shows twice (when activated)" bug still occurs - but only in the modern interface - not in the RDMv7 one.

7 yrs Bugs in new 8.9 beta