Forum

Posts by AuxMax001 (AuxMax001)

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I upgraded to v10 this morning. After the install completed, I was prompted to upgrade my database, schema 91 to 93.

Well....I got an error and I'm stuck.

"2014+09+23+13+00+46"

I ran DBCC CHECKDB and located identified corruption in the "connectionlog" table.

I switched the table to single user mode, then ran DBCC checktable:
DBCC Checktable ('connectionlog', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS;

However, I can't repair the error.

Msg 8945, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Table error: Object ID 373576369, index ID 1 will be rebuilt.
Could not repair this error.
Msg 8976, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Table error: Object ID 373576369, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594039107584, alloc unit ID 72057594040352768 (type In-row data). Page (1:2931) was not seen in the scan although its parent (1:8621) and previous (1:8017) refer to it. Check any previous errors.
The error has been repaired.
Msg 8978, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Table error: Object ID 373576369, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594039107584, alloc unit ID 72057594040352768 (type In-row data). Page (1:7731) is missing a reference from previous page (1:2931). Possible chain linkage problem.
The error has been repaired.
CHECKTABLE found 0 allocation errors and 2 consistency errors in table 'ConnectionLog' (object ID 373576369).
CHECKTABLE fixed 0 allocation errors and 2 consistency errors in table 'ConnectionLog' (object ID 373576369).

Any ideas?

6 yrs Upgrade to Enterprise 10.0 - DB upgrade failure
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Thank you.

6 yrs Bug: RDM 9.2.10.0 Enterprise Edition - Intel AMT
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning,

I stumbled onto a bug this morning, when attempting to reboot a computer previously configured with Intel AMT.

I have created a template that I can deploy for each remote location. The location number and the first 3 octets of the subnet are setup as two separate variables in the Group/Folder properties, in Custom Fields Tab, under the Information Tab.

Custom #1 is renamed to "Subnet", and the 3-octet IP address is entered.

I use this variable, "$Site_Custom_Field1" to populate all device connections (RDP, HTTP, Telnet, VMware, etc.), with manually adding the last octet.

For example, this is what I use for a PC - "$SITE_CUSTOM_FIELD1$.24". And it works for any configuration.

However, when I went to the right-click on the device, navigated to "Intel AMT", then "Normal Reboot", the AMT tool flashed briefly on the screen and nothing happened. The same is true for "Power Up" and "Power Down". The "Open Web interface" is working.

I removed the variable from the IP address field and populated the complete address. The AMT tools worked.

So...in a nutshell, I don't think the AMT tool is recognizing variables.

6 yrs Bug: RDM 9.2.10.0 Enterprise Edition - Intel AMT
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

For me, it's logoff on RDP sessions.

The hang occurs after the RDP session is logged off, but before the tab has closed. If the tab doesn't close within 5 seconds, I know RDM is toast.

6 yrs Hang on closing RDP session
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Going to add a bump as well.

What can we setup to capture the error condition? I live inside RDM, so I'm quite vested in finding something that works. RDM seems to lockup at the worst possible times. smile

Not a lot of information on the net to compare to.

Thanks.

6 yrs Hang on closing RDP session
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Well...the fix was short-lived. Having lockups on RDM again.
edited by AuxMax001 on 7/24/2014

6 yrs RDM also not responding
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

This RDP/RDM lockup has been killing me. I've been pouring through Google searches and, finally, I might have a workaround.

I applied this registry change two weeks ago, and have NOT had a single instance of RDP/RDM locking up since. Maybe coincidence.

Technically, it applies to Windows 2008/2008 R2, but decided to try it with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

Your mileage may vary. Attempt at your own risk. Just sharing my efforts.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Sysprocs]

Value name: splwow64.exe
Data type: REG_DWORD
Base: Hex
Value data: 0

References:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2513330
http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/2907-remote-desktop-will-hang-when-logging-off-of-win2008

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Well...specifically, this morning, I had a server down for an unscheduled maintenance at a remote location. So, I set a continuous ping inside RDM, in a pop-out window, to watch for the server coming back online. Of course, the pop-up window was buried behind various windows as I was sidetracked by other tasks.

I wasn't notified when the server was back online, until I remembered to check on it.

So..I was thinking an audio and/or visual alert would be helpful in these circumstances. Maybe a checkbox in the pop-up windows to enable an audio/visual alert after the target server/device responses successfully after 10 continuous pings.

6 yrs Optional audio alert for continuous pings
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Just thought of this.

Add a checkbox to the continuous ping dialog box to alert when the IP address is responding after 10 (?) successful replies.

If the undocked option is enabled, maybe include a visual flash on the taskbar.

6 yrs Optional audio alert for continuous pings
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I'm curious about this issue as well.

Closing down tabbed RDP sessions (within RDM) is sporadically causing RDM to stop responding, then ultimately, I need to terminate the RDM application and relaunch.

Again, it isn't consistent. Running version 9.2.8 Enterprise. I've flushed my application log and bumped the debug to 1. I will report back with log entries when it occurs.

AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Yep...that worked. Thanks.

7 yrs After upgrading to 8.3.1...Credential dialog box?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

After upgrading, every RDP connection is prompting for credentials. Didn't do this before.

I can click Cancel and continue as normal, but the prompt is annoying. How can I disable it?

7 yrs After upgrading to 8.3.1...Credential dialog box?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Ok...I restored the CFG file from a backup. The Templates are now showing. Thanks.
edited by AuxMax001 on 3/29/2013

7 yrs Folder Location for Local Templates
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

After my computer BSOD'ed yesterday, for some reason, my entire RDM configuration, license, settings, were completely wiped out.

I managed to rebuild most of the configurations, however, my templates are missing. I believe I had them setup as local only. I can't cannot locate the folder path to reimport them. Any hints?

Thanks.

7 yrs Folder Location for Local Templates
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

New bug with 8.1.....kind of tough to explain.

So...I group my sessions starting with the company name (with a company property), then create subgroups for each physical site within the company. Each physical has a RDP sessions, VMware connections, webpage links, etc.

Most of these physical locations were imported from a CSV file with the basic information. However, none of these imported sessions were populated with the correct IP addresses, server name, etc. So, when i need to work on a physical location for the first time, I need to populate the appropriate information. By default, these non-configured groups use the folder icon to designate the location has not been populated. After I complete populating the physical location information, I change the icon to the "Site" property.

Now, after upgrading, whenever I change from the folder icon to the site icon, the site disappears. At first, I thought it was deleted. However, I discovered that the site was moved/transplanted outside of the nested structure I setup, to another folder, with the same top-level company name (just with a folder icon, instead of the Company icon) at the bottom of the sessions list.

I move the transplanted site group back to the correct company group without issue. The "rogue" company name also disappears.

Hopefully this makes sense.

7 yrs Changing Group/Folder property bug
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Wow....that was too easy. Thanks.

8 yrs Group Folder icon
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

When I create a group, I use the site designation, which gives you the building icon.

However, I've modified a couple of these group with a custom image/icon to denote something needs to be done at this location.

Now, the task is complete and I want to switch the icon back to the default site icon. I cannot locate it.

Is it hiding in an EXE or DLL?

Thanks.

8 yrs Group Folder icon
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Thanks...works.

8 yrs Stuck....how/where to default Quick Connect
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning...

I'm trying to edit/modify the quick connect RDP profile....I need to disable sound, drive mappings, etc. I attempted to edit the default.rdp configuration in my user profile, but it didn't work.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

8 yrs Stuck....how/where to default Quick Connect
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

Morning....

Discovered a quirk this morning when attempting to create a new session from a saved template.

In 7.x, I would create a session under a folder/group name by right-clicking, then Add, then Add from template, then select the appropriate template from the tree list within the menu pop-up.

In 8.x, when I get to "Add from template", the menu doesn't expand to list my saved templates. I need to click on the "Add from template" and a window appears. I can select the template from this window.

So, this isn't a big deal, but I prefer the in-menu option to select a template, rather than opening a window.

Feasible?

Thanks again.

8 yrs Creating a session from a template: Menu quirk.
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

One item missing from the version 8.0 that existed in the 7.x was a session information pop-up, when hovering the mouse cursor over a connection tab. In my case, I use a lot of RDP connections and occasionally need to know basic info about a connection (IP address usually), but not chew up desktop space.

Any chance for getting this back? I realize this is rather insignificant, but I figured I'd ask.

Also, I like the new interface. I was somewhat anxious as I was lurking in the Beta posts. However, it has allowed me to test some better layouts and seems to be working for the best.

8 yrs Session Information on Mouse-over
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I help support a large infrastructure that has hundreds of servers. I segment out the servers by individual locations, though I've only created a small percentage of the overall footprint.

So each time I begin work on a new location, I need to create folder with the location name, then build RDP sessions from customized templates I've created. Usually, within each location, each server type has the same last octet and the preceding /24 unique to each location.

For example, a site has 192.168.1.0/24 subnet and the domain controller is always a .4, the file server, .5, etc.

Is there a means to create new template that reads the hospital network information from the folder details and incorporate that information in the creation of the new RDP session?

It's a pain to create this stuff repeated for each new location.

Thanks for any insights.

9 yrs Automating RDP session creation?
AuxMax001
AuxMax001

I have the Enterprise edition....

I have a large group of locations. I've been manually entering in each location as needed, however, I really like to enter the remain 200+ groups from a text/CSV/Excel file. Suggestions?

Thanks.

9 yrs HOW TO - Import group folders