Forum

Posts by cyr0nk0r (cyr0nk0r)

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

love it!
thanks!

5 yrs auto accept SSH fingerprint keys ??
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I remember asking for this back last July and being told it would be fixed in the next version

https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=16273

Where do I go to get the ssh fingerprints to auto accept?

edited by cyr0nk0r on 3/3/2015

5 yrs auto accept SSH fingerprint keys ??
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I fixed my RDP template, but I have over 100 connections that I want to uncheck a box on all of them.
Specifically, local resources -> local devices and resources -> 'hard drives' (uncheck)

Is there a way that I can uncheck this checkbox en masse for all of my RDP connections?
Running RDM version 9.2.10

6 yrs change RDP setting for all connections en masse
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

Capture
Is there a way I can set RDM to auto register the fingerprint when I SSH into a new switch.
We have over 1,000 switches and I don't want to always have to hit yes.

6 yrs auto register SSH fingerprint?
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

Any way to turn off the full screen button that is next to the minimize maximize close buttons in the title bar?
Running latest version.

7 yrs disable "full screen" button in title bar?
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

How do I turn off this awful and annoying "select the sessions you want to restore" dialog every single time I open RDM?
running latest 9.0.4 build.

7 yrs turn OFF restore sessions dialog?
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

Latest stable version 8.3 I think
If you right click in the navigation pane left clicking does not make the menu go away. the only way to get rid of the menu is to click an option within the menu.

7 yrs GUI Bug with navigation panel and right click
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

any update on the 64bit version?

7 yrs Too Many Tabs = Protocol Error?
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I'm not trying to do a remote console. I'm doing a "VMware Console"
What is the difference?

7 yrs vmware vsphere client not working
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

[6/26/2013 10:11:24 AM]ERROR SILENT System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VMware.Vim, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10980b081e887e9f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'VMware.Vim, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10980b081e887e9f'
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.VMwareManager.GetHostSystem(String hostName, String username, String password)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ThreadManager.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<RefreshVMwareHostSystem>b__18()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

It would be AWESOME if we could create a remote assistance session, but have the IP/hostname be blank. Then when opening the session RDM would prompt us for a hostname/ip. Currently the ip/hostname field is required to create the session for remote assistance. When our users call in we don't know their hostname or ip until they tell it to us.

By having RDM prompt we could create a single "session" in RDM and just change IP/hostnames on the fly.

7 yrs remote assistance prompt
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I am running Win7. Latest stable version of RDM.
I have vmware vsphere client 5.1 installed and RDM reports application ready.
If I load the vsphere client manually outside of RDM and connect to an esx server (either by hostname or IP) things work fine. I've even installed the self signed certificate so there are no warning prompts when connecting to the ESX server.

However when trying to do the same thing within RDM I open the session and the window shows zero VM's. If I click the refresh button at the top I get a "unable to connect to vmware host" message.

Any guidance?

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

correct. Or at least the option to check a box and have it visible, not visible. I don't ever use the filter box and it would be nice to be able to disable it.

7 yrs how to remove/disable UI components
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I will add a feature request to hide the navigation tabs

can you also add to hide #4 as well?

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

why?
Why can't the "navigation" button just be bigger or span the entire length of the vertical bar?

7 yrs navigation pane auto hide delay
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

what about the best of both worlds

Have the hover vs onclick be a configurable setting.

And also change the area that activates the pop out to be the entire vertical bar rather than just the tiny little box at the top.

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

configurable?
Whatever the default is (say 300ms) could be the default value in the box, but users could change it from a value of say 100ms to 1000ms or something.

Although the ability to click anywhere on the navigation vertical bar to pop out of the pane would be much more useful in the near term.

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

Feature request to change the delay in ms when hovering mouse over hidden navigation pane and when the pane pops out.

EDIT:
It would also be nice if the navigation pane popped out if you click anywhere on the bar from vertical top to bottom instead of having to hover your mouse only on the button called "navigation"
edited by cyr0nk0r on 6/24/2013

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

is it possible to hide the tab header now?

what about item 4 at the bottom of the navigation pane?

What about item 3?

EDIT: looks like I can remove the header tab now by doing Alt+Shift+F6
I did have to set it as a global hotkey though. No biggie.
edited by cyr0nk0r on 6/24/2013

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

A confirm message for "logoff" would be AWESOME
(and do not **** off people who don't want a confirmation make it available to be turned on/off in the options menu.

"Display RDP logoff confirmation" (Yes/No)

I still think though that LogOff should not be right next to disconnect session.

The order should really be:
Focus Session
Close Session
Reconnect
LogOff

*However you should still fix the "right click registered as left click" issue while you're at it since this would technically be a GUI bug. A right click on a menu item like "focus session" shouldn't do anything, only a left click.
edited by cyr0nk0r on 4/3/2013

7 yrs right click on the menu registers as a left click
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I didn't mean microsoft. Has this been fixed in RDM? Your reply wasn't really an answer.
If a workaround is a 64bit version, then is the 64bit version complete?

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

If I right click on a RDP host and then right click on say "log off" it registers this as a left click and logs the session off. This is a HUGE problem that hosed one of our servers because :
1: logoff is right next to disconnect (these should NOT be right next to each other)
2: accidentally right clicking on logoff during a windows update messed up one of our machines.

7 yrs right click on the menu registers as a left click
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

can you provide a status if this protocol error issue has been resolved in a newer version?

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

these settings have no effect.

without desktop composition
(start) : (end)
732mb : 865mb

without desktop, themes
737mb : 868mb

without desktop, themes, redirect x
739mb : 869mb

without desktop, themes, redirect x, redirect video
744mb : 875mb

close RDM, restart then connect (without all)
24mb : 173mb

close RDM, restart then connect (all)
23mb : 170mb

8 yrs RDM 8.0.15 - chews through memory
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

This is a huge issue. It seems there is some kind of upper limit with the available ram for RDM.
It seems I can only have open 7 connections to 2012 servers. As soon as the RDM.exe gets above 1.1GB it doesn't seem to matter how much RAM my machine has left, I start to get the error that says there is not enough virtual memory available.

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

yes, they are all RDP.
They are connected to Windows Server 2012 machines if that makes any difference.
Each session is using about 150mb - 180mb per session.

My machine has 4GB of memory but it fills up quickly when RDM is using 1.2 - 1.5GB

Any other troubleshooting I can provide to figure out why each session is using so much memory?

EDIT: it seems the OS does make a difference. Connecting to multiple 2008 R2 machines I see the memory increase by only about 8-12mb.. however Server 2012 machines are stealing 150mb+
edited by cyr0nk0r on 2/1/2013

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

I've noticed that each connection I have in RDM takes about 150mb of memory!
I am running 8.0.15 with all menus disabled except the connection tree
(disabled ribbon, top header, status bar, etc)

My rdp connections run at a resolution of 1280x900

After about 13+ connections I start to get errors making new connections saying that I don't have enough virtual memory available.
Looked at remotedesktopmanager.exe in the task manager and it was using 1.1GB of memory!

any reason why this application is chewing up so much memory?

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

David Hervieux wrote:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_general_displaymode.htm

indeed that was the problem. thanks for that screen shot.

8 yrs RDM with server 2012
cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

yes. see attached.

screen%5b1%5d

cyr0nk0r
cyr0nk0r

Not sure if it's a bug or not, or if I have something configured incorrectly.

When trying to use RDM 7.6 connecting to a windows server 2012 via rdp the connection launches outside of RDM in its own window... not within the RDM window.
Let me know what troubleshooting information you need and I can provide.

Connecting to Windows Server 2012
Connecting from Windows 7 SP1 x86 (all updates applied)
RDM 7.6
I've also tried RDM 7.9.11 beta with same result.