Forum

Posts by gavinreynolds (gavinreynolds)

Hi,
RDM Enterprise v2019.1.6.0 running on OS X 10.14.4. RDP works fine however I'm unable to make an SSH connection successfully.

I create a new entry, type "ssh shell" and enter the router IP address, everything else default. The connection fails with a pop-up "Disconnected. Error: FAIL. Code: -1".

I edit the entry, turn up 'advanced' -> verbose =4 and it reports the messages in the attached screen shot. "non-assigned port".

I did a search on google and couldn't find any reports of these error messages.

Also note that from the OS X terminal I can successfully "ssh user@ipaddress" without any problems on the same machine.

thanks for any help.

Gavin

4 mths RDM MAC SSH Error

Hi, no it was just an .xml file.
I found something that makes it work. After importing my RDP.xml (from windows) into my MAC RDM, I edit the session and notice the option 'Activate network level authentication' was not selected. If I select this option I am successfully able to connect to my servers. FYI - this NLA option is NOT enabled on my Windows RDM session properties that were exported and used for importing to MAC.
Seems like the NLA option NEEDS to be enabled, I notice that when I create a new session entry in RDM (MAC) that the NLA option is enabled by default.

6 yrs Importing XML Entries from a Windows RDM version

Hi - I exported my entries from my Windows RDM (ver 6.1.7601.17514 Windows 7) as XML and imported them into my RDM (latest version) on MAC OSX 10.9.4.
The import works however I get an error when trying to connect to the sessions: "The peer connection was lost". Any ideas why the sessions don't work?

Also, is it normal that RDM should take around 15 seconds to open on a new MacBook Pro Retina 2014 with SSD?

thanks,
Gavin

6 yrs Importing XML Entries from a Windows RDM version

Hi, after installing RDM for MAC (OSX 10.9) Trial (0.9.49) and importing my .rdm list I have somehow disabled the Navigation Pane and can not find how to turn it on. I can't see an option anywhere to enable it... any ideas?

thanks!
Gavin

6 yrs RDM for MAC - Navigation Pane missing

Hi, after installing RDM for MAC (OSX 10.9) Trial (0.9.49) and importing my .rdm list I have somehow disabled the Navigation Pane and can not find how to turn it on. I can't see an option anywhere to enable it... any ideas?

thanks!
Gavin

6 yrs RDM for MAC. Navigation Pane missing