Forum

Posts by pfp (pfp)

pfp
pfp

Thanks.
I was afraid that's where you were going to go.
Unfortunately most servers I need to connect to have policy applied disallowing client drive mapping. However copy/paste does work.

12 mths RDP Client to be able to paste file
pfp
pfp

That's a shame. could you direct me to the information about this alternate method?

pfp
pfp

User error. (What!)
I was clicking the session tab and not the ribbon tab.

12 mths Option to keep ribbon collapsed at launch
pfp
pfp

Did this get added to RDM?

For RDP Engine would it be correct assume V4 is "Legacy" and V5 is "Modern"

pfp
pfp

I must be doing something wrong since the ribbon does not seem to collapse for me.

12 mths Option to keep ribbon collapsed at launch
pfp
pfp

On the Windows client the dashboard tab can be removed so that it's not always visible. Is this possible on the Mac version? If so, how.

12 mths Disable the Dashboard tab
pfp
pfp

It looks like it's been 2 years. Has this made it from the todo list to the done list yet?

2 yrs RDP Client to be able to paste file
pfp
pfp

How does one collapse the ribbon on the mac version?

2 yrs Option to keep ribbon collapsed at launch
pfp
pfp

Troels Bjørnholt-Schou wrote:

Hi,

This is a very nice feature.
I'm fairly happy with the way it works as it's not too big a deal to click the button to pull out the panel, although it would be even better with the same functionality as on Windows.

Thank you!

Agreed.

2 yrs Auto-hide navigation pane
pfp
pfp

No luck.
Same behavior as original post this morning after the update to 10.0.14.0

5 yrs 10.0.12.0 Issues with view & navigation setting
pfp
pfp

will do, thanks

pfp
pfp

done

pfp
pfp

I have the ribbon collapsed and navigation docked / hidden.

After every upgrade (this has been happening for a long time) I must re enable the navigation, re-size it the way I want it and reset it to auto hide. It would be really nice if this was not lost every time.

On this particular build this became even more or a pain because clicking View > Layout in the collapsed ribbon does nothing. I could only add the navigation back after expanding the ribbon.

pfp
pfp

I realize this seems like an odd question so let me explain...

I use SQL server as my data source. A few months ago we moved our SQL server to a new machine - completely different hardware, server name, etc. There were no issues with this SQL server move. Right around the same time I stared working with (what has now become) the V10 betas.

It took a few weeks but I eventually noticed that edits I was making to sessions were not saving correctly. I thought this might be an issue with user permissions in SQL so I checked the user permissions on the old server with those on the new one and could find no discrepancies. The problem persisted but I didn't have the time to investigate what was wrong. I decided to work offline where all my edits were saved.

Fast forward many more weeks and ALOT of edits later all working offline and I'm now ready to get to the bottom of this. I'm thinking the first step is let the app merge the offline edits. My issue is that if this does not get saved to the SQL db I don't want to loose all the edits as I can't even remember what most of them were.

So, is there a way to backup (and restore) offline edits in case they do not get saved into the SQL db when I choose to merge?

5 yrs How to backup offline edits?
pfp
pfp

thank you

5 yrs Allow more than 20 recently used
pfp
pfp

Isn't a play list used to open sessions? I believe I'm using one of those to open the sessions I use every day.

I'm looking for something different here. I use the playlist, favorites and recently used already and this covers most of the sessions I need to open but then I also need to connect to many machines infrequently, enough so that having them in these other places doesn't make sense. In this case i just need to navigate to the machine and open it.

Using the image above as an example what I need to do today is: Open Internal, Open one of the domains, Open one of the locations in the domain, and finally open either servers or workstations. I'd like to start by having Internal, all domains and all locations already open. Then i can just open servers or workstations open the session I need to connect to.

5 yrs Open to automatically open groups
pfp
pfp

I have a group structure similar to what is shown below. I would like to configure the highlighted groups so that they automatically open instead of me having to click on them to open. Note: I don't want this for ALL groups, just ones have configured to open.
2014+08+29+15+44+34
edited by pfp on 8/29/2014

5 yrs Open to automatically open groups
pfp
pfp

I can't set this past 20.
2014+08+29+15+08+12
edited by pfp on 8/29/2014

5 yrs Allow more than 20 recently used
pfp
pfp

The files that download using the links in the first port are version 8.9.19

6 yrs Remote Desktop Manager 9.5 Beta
pfp
pfp

Using the default I just get a message "Unable to connect to host" followed by the host name.

6 yrs VNC Opens small window and fails
pfp
pfp

I've had an intermittent issue with opening VNC (embedded) sessions. I'm now setting up additional users and they are having the same issue but constantly.

The image below shows what is happening. For me this does not happen all the time but when it does I just click no then retry the connection. It might take up to 5-6 retries but it always connects fine eventually. For the other users it is occurring every time and I can never get it to connect. This is happening with any of our VNC connections.

The VNC server is TightVNC 2.6.4 (a major reason for this server is the ability to always hide the tray icon)

6 yrs VNC Opens small window and fails
pfp
pfp

David Hervieux wrote:

This is now fixed in the version 9.1.6.0. However you need to set the OS in Information to Windows Server 2012 R2

I was experiencing this same issue after upgrading a server from 2012 to 2012R2 and this resolved the issue.

I was not aware that the information fields were used by the program. Is it recommended to fill in all this data or is this just a special case?

Thank you

6 yrs server 2012 R2 hyper-v VM console
pfp
pfp

I'm not sure i understand about the filter box. I'm trying to get a screen that shows me all the sessions I could start but doesn't require any additional screen real estate. This is why I though navigation as a tab would work.

How about this...

Is there any way to "freeze" the dashboard to specific object in the navigation tree? This could essentially accomplish the same thing with the exception that the columns in the dashboard can't be customized like those in the navigation.

Thank you

6 yrs Navigation as a tab
pfp
pfp

Is it possible to make navigation a tab instead of a panel?

6 yrs Navigation as a tab
pfp
pfp

That works great.

Thank you

6 yrs Multiple types of connections to the same machines
pfp
pfp

I have about 50 workstations that I normally connect to using VNC. However, I also on occasion need to connect to these same workstations using RDP. What is the recommended way to set this up. The quick answer seems to be make 100 sessions, 50 VNC and 50 RDP but this really seems cumbersome and I'm hoping these is another way to accomplish this. In the product I'm looking to replace there was a default connection type for each workstation but I could right click on it and choose the to connect using the alternative connection method. I'm hoping these is something similar here.

6 yrs Multiple types of connections to the same machines
pfp
pfp

When I try that the only thing that changes is that the titlebar ( blue background, white text just below the Dashboard tab) changes from "Internal" to "Access 2007" Access 2007 is the selected item in the grid.

6 yrs Remove groups from the dashboard?
pfp
pfp

Is it possible to remove the groups (highlighted part) from the dashboard so that I just have a list of all the sessions contained in the group, and subgroups, I have selected?

6 yrs Remove groups from the dashboard?