Forum

Posts by Xanacas (Xanacas)

Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi all,
is there a way to ensure, that all users are restricted to a specific password rule which I'm able to configure on a database level?
I've seen the forbidden password list and the password restrictions, but it seems that I'm able to get around of all of that.

I would like to force the whole team to use passwords that have 10 chars, 2 digit, 2 special chars in all new entries or edits they perform on existing entries.

Furhter, on an adminsitrator level, I would appreciate to be able to create a folder for internal test environments, where I can disable this strict password policy.

2 yrs Password rules
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi There,
I've just tried Get-RDMSession, but I'm very unhappy with the behavior of how the command response if no session is matched.

Get-RDMSession : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Name'. The argument "Butinar_Janos" does not belong to the set "mysession1,mysession2,mysession3[...full list of sessions...]".

Why don't you return sth like get-Item:

Get-Item : Cannot find path 'C:\notexisting' because it does not exist.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-Item -Path "c:\notexisting"
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\notexisting:String) [Get-Item], ItemNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetItemCommand

Further I would prefer to simply retrieve an empty list/$null

Best regards,
Christian

3 yrs Get-RDMSession unlucky behavior if no session matches
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi David,
any news on that topic?

Many thanks!

3 yrs Password Analyzer for stored VPN connections
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi There,
It has been a while since I needed some help with RDM - which is great smile

However now I'm facing a problem I can't find a solution by myself.

We do some security checks and I wont to find out where we've used weak passwords in the past.
The Password Analyzer Report does a great job except the following:

I want to see, if my session opens a VPN connection before accessing the server via RDP. Because if there is a VPN connection dialed, in some cases we're fine with weak passwords. if - this brings me to the next point - the password for the VPN connection is strong.
So far I can't see in the password analyzer if a VPN is dialed in advance and I found no way to analyse my VPN passwords as well. (VPN Sesstings are stored within the session - we do not use stored credentials or referenced vpn connections.)

Many thanks for your help

All the best,
Christian

3 yrs Password Analyzer for stored VPN connections
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

good so see you have it already on your task list. were a bit obsessed this morning realizing that currently only lan connections are available.

any Idea on when to expect that feature?

All the best,
Christian

3 yrs Connection to remote systems?
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Thx! It works!
Have had aabbc@abc.de instead of abc.de\aabbc

4 yrs Unable to connect to server (MSSQL)
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi Guys,
I've just tried to use RDM on my iPhone.
If I try to connect to our sql server, I get the following connection error:

Unable to connect to the server!
Logon error. The login is for an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication. [Translated from German]

I assume this is related to an certification error / a selfsigned certificate. But even adding our root certificate to the iphone does not resolve the error.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Christian

4 yrs Unable to connect to server (MSSQL)
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

I found another entry that is two times available in the context menu:

4 yrs User Interface
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi Guys,
i thought it would be very nice to have the ability to require a comment for web sessions where the username/password comes from your browser extensions.

Many thanks

4 yrs Require "Open Session Comment" through web browser extension
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

#1 context menu: probably you could add some settings to hide entries that are not used. I would hide export,import, expand and collaps and probably many more.
#3 will do so. "VPN Settings", "purchase" "advanced session settings", "session settings- more - user interface" are not well sorted for tab-use
#3.2 what about ALT+ underlined letter/char?

5 yrs User Interface
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi Guys!

It has been a long time since my last activity, a lot of things has been changed and I've not been able to follow all these changes.
Many things are just great, the old once and new things as well! In the past I said good job David, now I say good job Devolutions Team!
Congratulations for this amazing product and this amazing fast-growing company!

I've just seen this amazing clear and well looking screenshot of RDM for iOS, but please don't forget RDM for windows:
Context menu
Please reorganize the everything and bring it into a clear structure. Why do we need to entries for copy password?
Why do we need "properties" and "Edit entry”?

20+08++2015+14+46+23

Session/Entry types
Mixture of credentials, users, groups, folders and connections. Why do we need so much different connection types while 50% of them share 90% or more equal fields? Please consider to restructure your entry types. I have no clue, how to choose the right entry type/structure. Me personally would prefer a structure like "data entry" some few basic fields and more specific fields can be added later on by checking different connection type checkboxes (like Account, bank information, Email Account etc. in data entry).

Keyboard control
Please add underlined chars to each menu entry and each label to enable "ALT + underlined char" keyboard control
Please correct the tab-order for each dialog, usually you jump with tab to the next field to the right or below. within RDM there is often no structure available - mostly due to later added options/input fields. For example:

Contact
for the General box - the tabs goes first down and then to the 2nd column - that’s fine. but then it goes from "company address" "city" and so on to the bottom instead of the left "Email", "home phone" etc...

20+08++2015+14+57+13

Connection comment
Focus is on connection comment, if I press tab on my keyboard, the focus jumps to "name" which absolutely makes no sense! Instead, "Last comment" or "OK" would make sense.
20+08++2015+15+10+45

Dashboard:
20+08++2015+15+15+33
Please add further commands to the dashboards left side: copy Username, Copy host, copy password or the ability to run some scripts/macros/tools and I would love to be able to organize these tiles like in windows 10 start screen. Furthermore, the right side is very empty as well. Why not adding there some further details that are usually just visible within the pinned details at the bottom. The disadvantage of the pinned details at the bottom is that it grabs space for remote session:

20+08++2015+15+22+48

Hopefully you don't think what the hell, what going wrong with him - it probably seems to be a log of critic. Yes it is a lot of feedback and a big wish list and I know this would require tremendous work. However, I think it would push your amazing RDM to the next level smile

All the best,
Christian
edited by Xanacas on 8/20/2015

5 yrs User Interface
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

After the update to 10 from the last beta, my quick access toolbar was empty:
After
everything is fine again:

But after the update from 10.0.0.0 to 10.0.2.0 I had the same problem again...

5 yrs Quick Acces list including QuickConnect empty/gone
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi David,
I use IE Embedded wink

It's not a problem for me as I've just 4 of these sessions which I won't use very often. Just thought it could be a nice feature to cover the last not working input forms/buttons.

5 yrs Webbrower Session: Allow Javascript as Submit Btn
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi All,
I was just adding our Dell Switches to our RDM and I noticed that the submit Button is not discovered.
Heare is wow the Submitbutton looks like:
<a href="javascript:formSubmit();"> Login</a>

Probably you could allow "javascript:formSubmit();" as manual Input for the Submit Button?

Many thanks in advance and please let me know if you need any further information.

5 yrs Webbrower Session: Allow Javascript as Submit Btn
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Really Great,
have you already ideas of what you'll integrate`?

6 yrs Teamviewer 9 SDK / API
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hello Everybody!
I'd like to start a discussion about possible Teamviewer improvements here. The reason for this is that TeamViewer has developed an SDK e.g. for managing logs, sessions and service queues:
http://integrate.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
First question @Devolutions, are there already any plans?

I'll come back later to this topic to summarize my thoughts here.

6 yrs Teamviewer 9 SDK / API
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Xanacas wrote:

Hi David, you've added a small icon to hide the ribbon-bar image (next to the minimize, maximize icons)
Could you add an option in the settings to auto-hide these ribbon bar on open sessions?
And could you save the display status of the ribbon-bar on close for the run of RDM?

Hi David,
again, great beta!
Do you know if you'll be able to save the state of ribbon bar (hidden or displayed) or to autohide on opening an session?

Could you try to do some performance improvements e.g. for all the drawing, rezising etc.? displaying the ribbon bar takes about one second, displaying the sessionlist and focus the filter by shortcut takes nearly two seconds at a system with win8x64 and 8gb ram.
Could you also add an option collapse the sessionlist directly on "mouse left"?

6 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi David, you've added a small icon to hide the ribbon-bar image (next to the minimize, maximize icons)
Could you add an option in the settings to auto-hide these ribbon bar on open sessions?
And could you save the display status of the ribbon-bar on close for the run of RDM?

6 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

every 5 secounds should be enough, but create a program settings entry, users with much power and/or small databases could reduce this value to realtime, those with slower datasources could rise these value or turn it completly of.
probably you could also add an option to each session (we'll need the batch edit mode) to choose if the in use state should be monitored or not.

6 yrs Session in use indicator
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Hi David,
I think with SQL-Server Datasource we would not get an performance issue, if you try to indicate open sessions directly in the session list, e.g. with a blue "play" symbol. Its would me more usefull than the warning or allways switching to to the global open session list. What do you think?

6 yrs Session in use indicator
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Dear David,
referring the component change for the treeview, I would really like if you could find an component which absolutly acts like windows by default. e.g. collapse and uncollaps with the arrow keys, highlight active item.

6 yrs Active Directory sync and fix fav list scrolling
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Thank you David, you and your Team are doing a very good job!

7 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

When do you expect to release the current beta version?

Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

How to setup the 64Bit Version of RDM, as I can see in my Taskmanager, RDM still runs in 32Bit mode?

Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

sounds more like teamviewer is disconnecting you cause of "buisness detection". if you connect a lot to different teamviewer hosts, they think you use it in professional environment and this is not allowed with the free version.

7 yrs TeamViewer 8 and Putty
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Dear David,
one more, a great beta release!
I would really prefere, if you could update your first post with history and downloadlink, otherwise (later) we'll have to through several pages of thread posts to find your latest version

Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Dear David,
please think about the following points.
- give administrator the ability to disallow privat folders or to give Administrators access to the privat folders. (like Windows Users folders)
- provide special rights, eg. if a user can normaly just view(and open)sessions, he should be able to add and edit sessions in his privat folder, same copy/view password for sessions in private folder.

7 yrs Privat folder
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

using templates and the full screen mode (not external) should work for all scenarios

7 yrs Restricting Remote connections to RDM only
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

Just disallow mstsc using the group policies.

7 yrs Restricting Remote connections to RDM only
Xanacas
XanacasExpert user

In the meantime you could place your rasphone.pbk to a shared drive and use this instead of the embedded one.
It's how we work for more than two years!

7 yrs Globally embedded rasphone book for Microsoft VPN