Forum

Posts by klages (klages)

klages
klages

I'm using version 10.9.8.0. The Application Logs show nothing since 20.08.2015, but the last time problem occurred was yesterday.
Reproducing seems difficult, because I cannot say in which situation this occurs. It seems to happen when I'm longer on the "all entries" tab and then switch to my private vault. But it happens not every time when I switch the tabs.
I'll also try uninstalling, deleting the folder and reinstalling.

Thanks so far,
klages

5 yrs private vault loses connection to database
klages
klages

CTRL-Refresh has no visible effect. The entries in the private vault still are not visible.
Any other suggestions?

klages
klages

Hello,

I have the problem that the private vault occasionally loses connection to the database, while the "all entries" tab keeps its connection. When I refresh my private vault, it no longer says "not connected" and shows the "sessions" main folder, but no entries are there. I have to exit RDM and start it again to get my private vault back.
RDM+++Private+Vault

klages
klages

Just installed the new beta 9.0.16.0, the text preview is working! Thank you!

Greetings,
klages

7 yrs "Preview text in description" not working
klages
klages

Today I installed the update 9.0.12.0 (prior version was 9.0.8.0), and now it seems that the option "Preview text in description" for text entries is not working. Only if the text is actually in the description field, it is shown in the description preview in RDM main window.
With older versions this behaviour was different.
Could you please check this issue?

Greetings (and a happy new year),
klages

7 yrs "Preview text in description" not working
klages
klages

Another thing I found while using the document type "Text". Using a text session as a template will not keep the contained template text, if I add a new document session from this text template.
The template itself still has its text, but the newly created session will not.

7 yrs 8.9.2.0 - Document Sessions
klages
klages

Thank you St├ęphane!

Greetings,
klages

7 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
klages
klages

Ok, I found out it does not work if you try to create a subconnection for the document type "text".

klages
klages

@ SMG: this does not work for me in beta 8.9.2.0 and 8.9.4.0. In prior versions it worked that way, right.

klages
klages

Another thing I found in the beta 8.9.2.0 (and 8.9.4.0).
Installation of the SQL-Management Studio addon fails with the 64bit version of RDM:

Beschreibung: Stopped working
Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Application Name: RemoteDesktopManager64.exe
Application Version: 8.9.4.0
Application Timestamp: 51f81ffa
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b8479b
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 0000000000009e5d
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

klages
klages

Can I no longer create subconnections initially? Can't find it in 8.9.2.0 and 8.9.4.0.

Greetings,
klages

klages
klages

It would be useful for all session types, I think.

Greetings,
klages

7 yrs Add device warranty
klages
klages

Just a small wish:
Could you add the possibility to add the filetypes .cer and .p12 as a certificate attachment? Right now only .pfx and .crt are possible. Perhaps there are further more filetypes which act as certificates...

Greetings from sunny germany,

klages

7 yrs allow .cer and .p12 as a certificate attachment
klages
klages

That sounds good. I'm looking forward to this feature. smile

7 yrs Creating sub-connections
klages
klages

I'm so blind, totally forgot about this. But why is ist not possible per drag & drop, as it is possible for normal connection entries to be drawn from one folder to another?

klages
klages

I'm lookin for ak possibility to change a connection entry into a sub-connection entry without creating a new one or using it as a template. If there's no option for this, could you integrate such?

Greetings from germany,
klages

klages
klages

I don't mean to rearrange the tabs in the main window. It's about rearranging the tabs in the "edit entry" (CTRL-E) window. I want to change the order of the tabs shown here. Something like shown in the screenshot.

7 yrs Rearranging tabs
klages
klages

Is it possible for you to integrate something like "tab rearrangement" in the "edit session" window? So that I can change the order of tabs, e.g. the information tab as second tab. This should then also be possible on the information tab itself.
And perhaps the option to hide / show certain tabs? smile

Greetings from germany,
David

7 yrs Rearranging tabs
klages
klages

I want to see the content of a folder. Each customer has a folder in our RDM, with multiple sessions in it. I would like to create a link to that folder instead of creating links to each session, when I want to have a connection between our CRM system an RDM.

7 yrs Create Shortcuts with multiple selection
klages
klages

Will it also be possible to create a shortcut to a group / folder?

7 yrs Create Shortcuts with multiple selection
klages
klages

Aah, this information explains a lot. smile
Thank you!
edited by klages on 3/21/2013

7 yrs Status "locked" not working
klages
klages

If I want to set the status "locked" for a connection entry, it can still be opened and no warning message appears. I can deactivate it or set it to "expired", this both works, but I think "locked" is not working as planned. I'm using version 8.1.0.0.
Could you check this?
edited by klages on 3/21/2013

7 yrs Status "locked" not working
klages
klages

Oh, I really didn't see that before!
That will be a great help I guess.

Thank you!

7 yrs Create desktop shortcut for session/group
klages
klages

Is it somehow possible to create desktop shortcuts for a single session or a session group? As we want to integrate RDM in our existing CRM system, this would be really helpful. So we could just drag & drop a session or a group from RDM onto the desktop and then drag & drop it into the CRM system.
At the moment we use Siebekl CRM by Oracle, but we will perhaps change to Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the near future.

Or does anybody have other helpful hints or tips for this?

Greetings from Germany,
David S.

7 yrs Create desktop shortcut for session/group
klages
klages

Could you integrate this in the 6.0? I couldn't find it in the readme.

9 yrs Using wildcards in Search Box
klages
klages

Is ist possible to use a wildcard (* or %) in the search box?
For example, searching for "cus*swi" instead of "customers switzerland"? Or that simply searching "cus swi" gives the same results.

9 yrs Using wildcards in Search Box
klages
klages

thanks, this is much better now.smile

10 yrs Questions according the Windows Explorer Addon
klages
klages

The update link shows 3.8.5.20, but it actually still is 3.8.5.18. Could you correct the link?

10 yrs New beta version available
klages
klages

I have several questions according the Windows Explorer Addon:
- when opening an embedded Windows Explorer Session, it is possible not to show the left folder pane by option?
- within an embedded Windows Explorer Session, it is not possible to open files per double-click.
- opening an embedded Windows Explorer Session is not as fast as opening an external Windows Explorer Session. Is it possible to optimize the speed?

10 yrs Questions according the Windows Explorer Addon
klages
klages

Aah, now I see where the .cfg is created: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RemoteDesktopManager

I'll do some tests and give feedback!

Update:
Ok, a short test showed that your solution works.
We now can create the reg key on each machine and copy the .cfg from the network drive onto the local machine. This truely has several advantages.

And again, thanks a lot for your work!
<em>edited by klages on 10/29/2010</em>

10 yrs Running RDM in a mixed environment