Forum

Posts by Innsanctum (Innsanctum)

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

I have added a 2560x1440 monitor to my desktop. Because the RES is so high, i set my Text size to "Larger - 150%". After logging off and then logging back in i found that RDM itself looked "blurry" and not as sharp as any other application on my desktop. I also found that RDP refuses to let me click on the top 20% or left side 20% of the screen. I can click on everything else on the RDP session outside of a certain area mentioned above.

If I drop the DPI to "Medium - 125%", log off, log in, RDM looks sharp and RDP works fine. When i tried kicking it back up to "Larger - 150%" log off, log back in, again RDM looks blurry and RDP doesnt work.

5 yrs Running my desktop @ 2560x1440 and DPI set to "Larger - 150%" breaks RDP
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

email sent, thanks maurice.

6 yrs Installed 10.0 and now im not seeing all objects
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Can you please email me a phone number so i can get this fixed? I feel like ive lost my right hand without RDM.

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Oh this is interesting... im seeing a ton of these

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Oh i see, there is a refresh button at the top of RDM. Yes, i did a ctrl+refresh. Nothing changed. I can only see 2 items under the root folder where there should be several. How can I enable the profiler?

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Hi david, thanks so much for the quick response. I am able to click the "administration" tab and see that my login does in fact have administrator rights. CTRL+Refresh = CTRL+F5?

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Hey guys

I couldnt find a tech support number so i guess I'll post here. Hopefully im putting this in the right spot. We have 4 installations of RDM enterprise but mine is the one with the issue. We connect to a shared SQL server.

After installing 10.0 i find that i cannot see every object that existed before, mostly folders under the root. My co workers can see it just fine. I tired re-creating the SQL enterprise connection but still comes up the same. Any ideas? Should i post screen shots?

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Bug request and UI: awesome david thanks!

Parent/Unparent: Could you give me a quick description on how to do that?

6 yrs Questions concerning Telnet, SSH SHell, etc
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Hey guys.

First off, LOVE YOUR SOFTWARE.

Now thats out of the way, I noticed a couple of things

1) When changing from "Telnet" to "SSH Shell" or otherwise, the port does not update on the right. Which means I have to wait for the program to fail to connect before i can go back in there and change it manually.
2) When telnet doesnt work, it locks up the entire program until it fails. Anyway around this?

on another note

3) I cant seem to drag and drop a dameware object into an RDP object (thereby making the dameware object a subconnection to the RDP object). Is there no way around this?

Thanks for the great work guys!

6 yrs Questions concerning Telnet, SSH SHell, etc
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Any word on this one guys?

6 yrs Inventory report and populating "Information" tab
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Sweet thanks!

7 yrs Recycling Bin for deleted objects
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

So, I just accidentally deleted a group of a bunch o servers :P

Kinda wished all deleted items go to a "recycling bin" inside of remote desktop manager!

What do you think?

7 yrs Recycling Bin for deleted objects
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Hey guys! Just saw you updated the overlay option in 9.0.7 but guess what?! I cant find it! hahaha. where did you guys put it?

7 yrs ShortCut icon in Remote Desktop Manager
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Has this been fixed in the latest version of Remote Desktop manager?
edited by Innsanctum on 11/15/2013

7 yrs vmrc works against ESXHost but not against vCenter
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Excellent! If you consider the first one as master, then the shortcuts will show as shortcuts. Bingo boys, that was the goal. Thanks again!!!!!

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Installing right this minute!!!!

(downloaded and installed)

Um..... Guys. Good job on the overlay, except for one problem. Why is the original object marked with the overlay also? How do i know, by looking at the left pane, which is the original object and which is the shortcut. Wasn't what this entire exercise was about?

What you've done is just swapped the problem. Now i dont know which is the original object..... Can't you make it so that ONLY the shortcut is the short cut? I mean imagine windows did the same thing with an .exe file and multiple shortcuts. Which one is the original .exe? which ones are the shortcuts? (without having to look at the properties of the file)....

-ginel
edited by Innsanctum on 11/14/2013

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

"You will have shortcut overlay in the next update" - AWESOME

When you say "overlay" do you mean something will be placed on top of an icon to show that it is a shortcut?

"The original will also have an overlay since it's hard to determine which one is the original."

Ok, you lost me on this one. If the original icon gets something placed on top of it, how will you know which objects are shortcuts and which are originals?

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

omg. im so confused.... hahaha.

Let me try being more specific.

1) I have an RDP object (lots of them)
2) I create short cuts out of those objects (lots of them)
3) The resulting short cut object looks like an original object. Is there a way, other than changing the icons, to identify them as shortcuts on the left hand panel? Like a windows icon has that little swoosh arrow on them when its a short cut.

thanks, and im sorry im confused :P

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Hi David.

FYI, i installed 9.0.5 and took a look at my short cuts computers.... The icons look the same as the regular icons. I was expecting them to be a little transparent or something. I tried creating a new shortcut from a server and, yup, the icons look the same.

Also, where is the icon on the dashboard? I cant find it....

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Thanks for the quick reply.

My team is currently running 9.0.3 using an SQL backend.

Would it be a bad thing to just install 9.0.5 on my pc?
edited by Innsanctum on 11/12/2013

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

First off, LOVE your product.

Whenever I create a shortcut, there is no easy way to see that the created shortcut is in fact... a shortcut. Hows about modifying that little icon with an arrow so i can tell if its a shortcut or not. I have hundreds of servers listed, but sometimes organize certain servers as shortcuts into another Group Folder. My co workers arent as smart or good looking as I am, so they get easily confused :P

thanks!

-G

Innsanctum
Innsanctum

Fantastic! That's great news.

One thing you may want to consider. Once you are able to populate those fields, how about allowing me to choose my own columns in the group/folder view so I can choose things like IP Address, VM (yes no), etc etc.

One more thing. Gotta say, this product has to be the best on the market. Keep up the great work!
edited by Innsanctum on 11/6/2013
edited by Innsanctum on 11/6/2013

7 yrs Inventory report and populating "Information" tab
Innsanctum
Innsanctum

I was REALLY hoping that pulling an inventory report (and all the info that gets pulled via WMI) would populate all the fields in the "Information Tab" (example: domain, OS, site, MAC, architecture, terminal server yes/no). However it looks like that is not the case. Ive been in contact with Maurice Cote and he suggested I post something here.

I wonder if this can be power scripted. Ive taken a look at some of the scripts so far but I find they dont cover all the fields in the "information" tab. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
-G

7 yrs Inventory report and populating "Information" tab