Forum

Posts by Envoid (Envoid)

Envoid
Envoid

Hi,

That's fantastic. New version fixed the issue within 4 hours! :-)

Thanks,
Chris

7 yrs Contact Data Entries disappear from vault
Envoid
Envoid

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Are these for RDM use then? Unfortunately I don't have RDM installed to test.

I've looked at the database a I can see the contact in the Connections table (Name = 'TestContact Three' in this test case). Is there anything specific I can look for? ConnectionType = 31 but otherwise it looks like other entries.

Should I expect to see these Contact entries in the Data Entries section?

Thanks,
Chris

Envoid
Envoid

Hi,

Creating a Contact (e.g. via New Entry | Add Contact in Edit ribbon) appears to work OK with the new entry showing as expected within the Data Entries. However, exiting PVM and restarting then fails to show it. I'm logging-in as an administrator.

Are Contacts treated differently to Data Entries? I've created a few now and can no longer see them.

This is using a SQL Data Source (local and remote).

Chris
PVM 5.0.2.0
SQL Server 2008
Windows XP

Envoid
Envoid

Thanks for the live session to investigate the issue. It appears to be a minor bug (being too secure) and should fixed in the next version.

7 yrs Non-admin viewing Secure Notes
Envoid
Envoid

Hi Maurice,

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for the info.

I've got 4 test security groups and the non-admin user has full access to all. The Secure Note I was testing was not in any security group. I've just moved it into a group; no change, still cannot view the note.

I can confirm the 'Allow reveal password' setting works as you stated :-)

Chris

Envoid
Envoid

Hi,

I've created a new Secure Note Data Entry (can be an admin or not). When viewing this from a non-admin user account the 'View' (picture of an eye) button above the note is disabled. Connecting as an admin user allows the note to be displayed. The non-admin user can edit the entry and then see the text.

Creating an Account Data Entry with behaves as expected: the non-admin user can view the password using the small 'eye' button.

Have I missed some configuration setting?

A second question: What's the option 'Allow reveal password' control when set in the user profile? (I have it set for all users.) I wasn't able to find out where this is used.

PVM v5.0.1.0
SQL Server as provider.
edited by Envoid on 11/7/2013

Envoid
Envoid

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Chris

7 yrs Using PVM credentials
Envoid
Envoid

Hi,

I'm a little confused as to why Credentials are in a separate area to the Data Entries. In the PVM online help it states "...allows you to to set multiple sessions to a specific set of credential...". So it looks like a Credentials entry can be shared with multiple Data Entries items. But how?

Thanks,
Chris

7 yrs Using PVM credentials