Forum

Posts by Ferd (Ferd)

Ferd
Ferd

Seems I was right, RDM is not able to handle when U2F is enabled alongside Duo and/or Yubico OTP, but when I disabled U2F at Bitwarden I was able to connect again in RDM after re-pushing with Duo.

A big pain because I had to completely reset/upload the Yubikey OTP on both my keys to undo the deletion when moving to just FIDO2.

3 days [2019.2.16.0] Bitwarden credentials, cannot connect to service
Ferd
Ferd

I think I know what it could be - on Bitwarden I used to have "Yubico" and "Duo" enabled as my two 2FA authentication methods and that was always fine. I then enabled "FIDO U2F" and disabled Yubico (I did not like the way it worked, and FIDO2 was more compatible with Windows 10). Now when I visit the Bitwarden website it offers U2F by default whereas before it was always Duo first.

I'm assuming that RDM is hitting the same issue or something (and perhaps it's this that is not supported), so I need to figure out how to reset the Bitwarden connection in RDM to see if I can reconfigure it correctly.

Ferd
Ferd

Duo, and you do support it as I was one of the original requesters for it to be added for Bitwarden and helped test it when it's wasn't working during the beta.

Ferd
Ferd

I came in this morning to find I can no longer get credentials from Bitwarden, it fails and the log shows:

[13/11/2019 07:57:21 - 2019.2.16.0 - 64-bit] Error: PasswordManagement.Common.UnsupportedFeatureException: TODO at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.ChooseSecondFactorMethod(SecondFactor secondFactor, Ui ui) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.Login(String username, Byte[] passwordHash, String deviceId, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage, RestClient rest) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.OpenVault(String username, String password, String deviceId, String baseUrl, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage, IRestTransport transport) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Vault.Open(String username, String password, String deviceId, String baseUrl, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.BitwardenManager.Initialize(String username, String password, String customUrl)[13/11/2019 07:57:22 - 2019.2.16.0 - 64-bit] Error: Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException: Exception of type 'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException' was thrown. at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialBitwardenResolver.Execute(CredentialsConnection credentialConnection, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.ResolveCredentials(Connection connectionCredential, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.GetCredentialResolved(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.PrepareCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, String privateVaultSearchString, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialInheritedResolver.Execute(CredentialsConnection credentialConnection, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.GetCredentialResolved(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.PrepareCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, String privateVaultSearchString, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.Prepare(Connection connection, Boolean applyCredentials, Boolean applyAlternate, Boolean applyVPN, Boolean copy, Boolean applyOverrideCredentials, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.c0173f280fb4b199e428c225e3c28fc0c(ConnectionPlayList c1ada852ae0b65414347589f9e7ee5503, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, Boolean c70df8186c6d74b7ce6d815320f763be1) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.ExecutePlayList(ConnectionPlayList playList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Boolean checkDataSource) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.OpenPlayListOnStartup() at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbonBase.AfterFirstLoad() at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas? I also submitted a report through RDM with the logs, but wanted to see if anyone else has similar problems.

4 days [2019.2.16.0] Bitwarden credentials, cannot connect to service
Ferd
Ferd

I'm running beta normally, so not sure if v2019.2.8.0 is beta or release, but Bitwarden with Duo worked fine a few weeks when I needed to re-authenticate for some reason. It happens sometimes when I update.

I'm having zero issues with this beta so far, so maybe give it a go.

2 mths [2019.1.13.0] Bitwarden/Duo not working
Ferd
Ferd

Thanks, but what great timing as my main phone just died and I can't get the Duo push notifications to work on my temporary handset.

Looks like it might be a while before I can test this.

4 mths [v4.0.30319] Duo 2FA push not working
Ferd
Ferd

Which version? Hmmmmm

Clipboard02

Everything is greyed out there's nothing I can do on that dialogue.

Also, when I tried to reply with quote to your message I kept getting this:

Clipboard01

Ferd
Ferd

I still cannot use Duo 2FA push for authentication to Bitwarden all I get it this pop-up and nothing happens. It works fine for all my other systems e.g. the Bitwarden application and Chrome extension. The device list is empty and I cannot see anywhere else where I may need to set this up. I'm forced each time RDM decides to forget my connection to fetch my Yubikey from secure storage and authenticate with that.

Clipboard01

And speaking of Yubikey, I find it amazing that the input field for key is in plain text for all to see - not very secure.

Ferd
Ferd

I just updated to the latest beta and lo-and-behold this time the Quick Launch option ticked again. Last update it was unticked and next update it will also be unticked, but the time after that it will get ticked again. It's constantly flip flopping between releases.

5 mths Installer/updater annoyances
Ferd
Ferd

Still broken with 2019.1.17.0 - is there any hope of a fix soon as it's tiresome having to dig out my emergency Yubikey from my safe instead of being able to use Duo.

7 mths [2019.1.13.0] Bitwarden/Duo not working
Ferd
Ferd

Sent

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and we would need your schema to be able to troubleshoot your issue further.

To do so, go in File -> Data Sources -> Upgrade tab and press the Email Schema to Support button.
Let us know when it's done.

Best regards,

8 mths [2019.1.14.0] Unable to save new server entries for MariaDB data source
Ferd
Ferd

It's been months since I needed to add any new servers to my database, but I needed to do so last night and find I'm unable to create a new entries. I first tried to duplicate a current one and when that failed the same happened on a clean one.

I get the following error:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, IDbDataParameter[] parameters, Int32 commandTimeout)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.InsertConnection(Connection connection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnections(IEnumerable`1 connections, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnection(Connection connection)

The database is then disconnected, but I run Test Host and Test Scheme, which both work and the database is reconnected.

Originally this happened with 2019.1.13.0 but this morning I got the update to 2019.1.14.0 which updated the database, so I hoped this would be fixed - it was not. The main log shows this:

[17/04/2019 07:03:08]ERROR SILENT System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.InternalDispose()
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.Dispose(Boolean explicitDisposing)
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.Close()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.HttpBrowserLinker.c36e11a71b2027cacbbca5f70b6ed33df()
[17/04/2019 07:03:08]ERROR SILENT System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.HttpBrowserLinker.c36e11a71b2027cacbbca5f70b6ed33df()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[17/04/2019 22:22:19 - 2019.1.13.0 64-bit]ERROR MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, IDbDataParameter[] parameters, Int32 commandTimeout)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.InsertConnection(Connection connection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnections(IEnumerable`1 connections, IDbTransaction dbTransaction, ISecurityProvider provider, Nullable`1 repositoryID)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.SaveConnection(Connection connection)

[17/04/2019 22:23:18 - 2019.1.13.0 64-bit]ERROR MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist

[17/04/2019 22:24:45 - 2019.1.13.0 64-bit]ERROR MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist

[17/04/2019 22:29:15]INFO Upgrading database for data source 'MAGGIE' with version 277
[17/04/2019 22:30:14 - 2019.1.14.0 64-bit]ERROR MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist

[17/04/2019 22:31:15]ERROR SILENT System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.InternalDispose()
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.Dispose(Boolean explicitDisposing)
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.Close()
[17/04/2019 22:31:15]ERROR SILENT System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[18/04/2019 06:54:22 - 2019.1.14.0 64-bit]ERROR MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): FUNCTION rdm.ROW_VERSION does not exist

I also have some diagnostic information but as it seems to contain sensitive information I'd rather not post it here.

8 mths [2019.1.14.0] Unable to save new server entries for MariaDB data source
Ferd
Ferd

I upgraded to this beta last week and Bitwarden credentials are unreachable if I choose "Duo", I only see the attached window and nothing else I can do. Fortunately I still have my Yubikey with me and was able to try again and get back into my credentials with that.

Am I missing some other option to enable this properly?

8 mths [2019.1.13.0] Bitwarden/Duo not working
Ferd
Ferd

Tab ordering still broken with 2019.1.9.0

8 mths RDM 2019.1.5.0 Tab ordering and in-focus colour
Ferd
Ferd

Apologies wrong thread, I'll delete my message then this one later

8 mths RDM 2019.1.5.0 Beta - Folder Sort Priority won't allow Positive Values
Ferd
Ferd

Any update on a fix for this? Makes waiting for several servers to finish updating more difficult to manage.

9 mths Tool "Check is Online" with Windows Server 2016/2019 inaccurate
Ferd
Ferd

David Hervieux wrote:

Hello,
I will investigate for the tab order. This should not happen. For the color is this better?

Regards

Much thank-you, but I see at the bottom left another orange highlight.

9 mths RDM 2019.1.5.0 Tab ordering and in-focus colour
Ferd
Ferd

When I updated to the new v2019 series of betas I noticed two issues with tabs.

• On application load and restoration of tabs, they are not reloaded in the order of the previous session - I have one server I am always connected to and I always have it as the first one on the left. Now when I restarted RDM it appears randomly in the tab bar.
  • I use a dark theme and the highlighted tab is a horrid orange/yellow colour which doesn't fit the theme at all - I don't recall making any changes to the GUI colours before so I'm not sure where this came from

8 mths RDM 2019.1.5.0 Tab ordering and in-focus colour
Ferd
Ferd

Hello,

I was expecting this kind of answer.

This means that the proxy on your workstation at work seems to interfere even if you turn it off. Is this possible?
How the proxy is configured? Under IE? How do you disable it?

Best regards,

It's the proxy settings in Internet Options for IE - it's set by GPO at logon but I can temporarily disable it during the day in order to bypass it long enough to make a connection before it gets set back automatically. I do a lot of work with Azure and Office 365 services and the proxy gets in my way, and only some aspects e.g. PowerShell, allow me to set the proxy to "none".

9 mths 14.0.6.0 RDM uses proxy for LastPass when main option is set to none
Ferd
Ferd

From home yes no problem - I have a different set-up of RDM at home with a MariaDB source for my personal machines, and I share the local database for my work machines using ownCloud. I'm never on both at the same time so the file never gets messed up.

Ferd
Ferd

Hello,

The proxy is always enabled on your workstation right?
Is it possible for your workstation to go on the internet without going through the proxy?
Is LastPass blocked by your proxy server?

Best regards,

No, not always though most of the time I am not using the proxy - it depends on what I am doing and where I am (laptop), but if I tell RDM to no use the proxy I expect it to behave that way.

Yes and no - depends on where I am, but mostly yes.

Yes, LastPass is blocked by our proxy (don't ask me why), but BitWarden isn't but that's not to say it won't be in the future as it grows in popularity. Plus we're changing proxy from ClearSwift to McAfee so who knows what will change.

The proxy also requires authentication which is another reason I don't often use it as so much fall flat just because of that - I know RDM supports it, but it's just annoying to keep updating my credentials when I'm forced to change my password.

Ferd
Ferd

For the record: the issue is not with my environment, it is with LastPass within RDM always forcing the use of the system proxy settings and not obeying the proxy setting of RDM.

Ferd
Ferd

James Lafleur wrote:

Hello,

We received the email that you have sent to support@devolutions.net . This address does not provide an automatic reply to validate that we have received your email. To receive one and to create a ticket, you need to send an email to ticket@devolutions.net.

That being said, I created the ticket Devo-2135 upon the reception of your email. I will contact you using this ticket and update the current forum topic as soon as a solution will be found.

You should also receive an email from support@devolutions.net to confirm that your request have been moved to our ticketing system.

Best regards,

Got the ticket, sent a response to the question.

Ferd
Ferd

Hi again,

I tried to submit a new ticket for this, no idea if it worked as I never received an email, so I thought I would update this thread as it has started happening again since installing the latest beta, 2019.1.3.0 today.

The proxy settings in RDM are disabled, the system setting is enabled, yet RDM tries to use the proxy to access my LastPass credentials unless I also disable the system proxy.

Perhaps the attachments here can help.

Ferd
Ferd

Hello,

Any estimate on when this will get added? My old LastPass account is fast approaching expiry and RDM is the only thing I keep it activated for. I'd really like to switch to Bitwarden protected by Duo pretty soon.

Cheers,
Ferd

10 mths Bitwarden - unable to connect
Ferd
Ferd

Ok thanks - let me know if I can provide further information.

11 mths Tool "Check is Online" with Windows Server 2016/2019 inaccurate
Ferd
Ferd

It seems that with Windows Server 2016/2019 the tool "Check is Online" is not properly detecting the full connectivity of the RDP session. Older Windows servers seem to be ok.

When the server is rebooted and the tool is used, both the "Ping" and "Scan Port (3389)" can have green ticks but if you click connect too soon the connection is attempted but nothing happens and the tool just closes down. Wait a few more seconds, 20-30sec sometimes, and then the connect will work. It invalidates the usefulness of the "Connect When Available" because if I walk away I'll come back to just an empty screen with nothing connected.

I'm running v4.1.1.0 of RDM on Windows 10

11 mths Tool "Check is Online" with Windows Server 2016/2019 inaccurate
Ferd
Ferd

I see for 14.0.11.0 a note about Duo 2FA but I can only assume it's still not usable with Bitwarden? I enabled the option then tried to add a Bitwarden credential and all I get is this:

Devolutions.BitwardenManagement.ClientException: POST request to 'https://vault.bitwarden.com/identity/connect/token' failed with HTTP status code BadRequest (400) ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at A.c47dc43029cb6c2e740ea95895c2f57ca.Post(String url, String content, Dictionary`2 headers) at A.c35d393723cfe31f3f808596f6f7ecae8.c95687b8a94e164588924532ccb7f25fa`1.c4285f9ff32596722d5346715b76e3f55(String ce3fdffbfdaf778b0b6e1bed746c5e5f0, Dictionary`2 c223084616c882f0595ad4fe678f119d2) at A.c35d393723cfe31f3f808596f6f7ecae8.ca51ed2a14eb15e276dd7b06431fc9b88[cb75a0a5d15a1ad8b8a8a5e57cca214a3](String c2ad4aaec0ff471d6c859511e38ba8050, String c2819ee8f388b5c32ac62d939dae428c0, Dictionary`2 c223084616c882f0595ad4fe678f119d2, Func`3 c4da66d4e934a12695b4a89ff6089eaa6, Func`2 c535082350bb62fbfdf7fe7397df45fdb) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at A.c0c9b4376a95c83cda5c8aaa674f0a770.cd02f912d8fa446ef9da69b701293d6d8(String c4c707ece3170514f8504b161d5b38c17, Byte[] ccf269a0f4d2eb455fcab6fb74eb13c53, c35d393723cfe31f3f808596f6f7ecae8 cdbbf219ea292a848b5c568e2833a47f0) at A.c0c9b4376a95c83cda5c8aaa674f0a770.c77435cee3d84f42b6bcb99578b7887e2(String c4c707ece3170514f8504b161d5b38c17, String ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863, IHttpClient c7db9ccbcc9e363b4afa5482d2e2b187a) at Devolutions.BitwardenManagement.Vault.Open(String username, String password) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.BitwardenManager.Initialize(String username, String password)

Perhaps I'm missing something.

12 mths Bitwarden - unable to connect
Ferd
Ferd

Ok, no worries - for now I still have a few months of LastPass subscription remaining so I hope you can get it done before that expires.

Ferd
Ferd

For Bitwarden I am on the premium membership, and it's protected by Duo which I probably intend to keep on free, but is currently in the trial period so some paid services are currently enabled though I don't think I am using any.