Forum

Posts by rdol (rdol)

rdol
rdol

This morning I was using 2019.1.36.0 x64 (already upgraded to yesterday's 2019.1.39.0), my colleague was using 2019.1.38.0 x64.

4 mths RDMO down - no offline mode (URGENT)
rdol
rdol

I hate that Devolutions white login page. Whatever architecture change decision you made a couple of weeks/months ago you made it very wrong. The outages are more and more frequent.

Can you please explain all of us what is the purpose of the Offline mode when your cloud goes Offline? It can happen and I would expect it but it was a very unpleasant surprise this morning when I wasn't able to login, wasn't able to go offline, wasn't able to login to this forum. I am really thinking about migrating my data source databases from your Online Drive to achieve a real offline mode.

Can you also explain why https://status.devolutions.info was completely green? It looks like a static HTML page...

Regards

Radek Dolezel

4 mths RDMO down - no offline mode (URGENT)
rdol
rdol

x86 doesn't support Unattended Service? It's a big disappointment. There are still many x86 installations on older computers or in virtualized environments.

2 yrs Wayk Now 3.0.0 beta 5
rdol
rdol

Perfect, I've already created tickets on both sides smile
https://forum.cloudberrylab.com/discussion/403/cli-support

Regards

Radek

2 yrs CloudBerry Remote Assistant support
rdol
rdol

It seems CloudBerry Remote Assistant is going to be a perfect alternative to expensive TeamViewer. It would be nice to have an option in RDM to create and initiate CloudBerry Remote Assistant's sessions the same way like TeamViewer works.

2 yrs CloudBerry Remote Assistant support
rdol
rdol

Hello Jeff
I downloaded RDCM 2.7 and configured a couple of servers. I can confirm the issue is the same. I've just found this discussion - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/2c4f1b5b-f95b-4e0f-923e-68ff608691ce/small-or-missing-mouse-pointer-in-rdp-session-solved?forum=winserverTS and it seems per-user mouse cursor schema is the only known workaround.

Regards

Radek

3 yrs Small cursor in RDP sessions on NON-high DPI machine
rdol
rdol

Hi
my current HW and OS setting is:
LCD resolution 2560 x 1440
W10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063.483)
Custom scale factor 225%

My current RDM settings include:
RDM 12.6.1.0 (tested both x86 and x64)

User Interface/Advanced - unchecked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
Types/RDP - Screen sizing mode set to Smart sizing. Display mode Default. Disable RDP scale factor (HDPI) is unchecked.

The same RDP settings have been propagated on all RDP entries (right-click on the top of Devolutions Online Drive, Edit, Batch Edit, Edit Sessions (Session Type Settings), select Display tab, set Remote desktop size to Default and Screen sizing mode to Smart sizing).

Remote OS:
W2016 - higher resolution is offered on this OS when compared with W2012(R2)
W2012R2
W2012
W2008R2

Cursor is hard to find in remote programs like Notepad, Notepad++, SQL Mgmt. Studio etc.

rdol
rdol

Hi
the same issues described above. I tried "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: System". Didn't help.
The only workaroud we found (as my colleague met the same issues):
- on remote computer go to Control Panel, Hardware, Devices and Printers/Mouse, tab Pointers, change Windows Default (system scheme) to Windows Inverted (system scheme).
It's pretty annoying to change it on all existing servers.

rdol
rdol

Ok, I understand. Will you be able to deliver Browser extension?
Regards
Radek

4 yrs Vivaldi browser support
rdol
rdol

Hi
embedded support for IE and FF works weird for me. I haven't tested Chrome because ... I don't want to report everything I do to Google. I will give it a chance now.
And to answer your question - I would like to see the same support for Vivaldi as for Chrome - both external (handy sometimes) and also embedded (which I prefer to use). It would be the best combination for me.
Regards
Radek

rdol
rdol

Hi
I would like to see Vivaldi browser supported in RDM. It is based on Chromium and supports Google Chrome browser extensions so it could be easily implemented. Is there anybody else using Vivaldi as a primary/preferred browser?
Regards
Radek

rdol
rdol

Oh, it wasn't. I am happy to confirm that it works as you described after checking "Allow password in variable" on Advanced tab of my RDP server entry.

Thanks.

Radek

7 yrs RDM 8.9.19.0 Allow password in variable
rdol
rdol

Hello
I am trying to pass credentials to my custom Command Line tool/script.

c:\bat\getHW.cmd $HOST$ $DOMAIN$\$USERNAME$ $PASSWORD$

"Allow password in variable" has been checked in credentials entry assigned on Tools tab for my RDP entry.

When I try to echo script variables and pause the script I can see that $HOST$, $DOMAIN$ and $USERNAME$ were replaced by correct values but $PASSWORD$ contains string $PASSWORD$.

Regards

Radek

7 yrs RDM 8.9.19.0 Allow password in variable