Forum

Posts by dadep (dadep)

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I would like to report this free alternative to TeamViewer. It is a basic remote desktop, doesn't have all TV features, but for remote support I think this is a valid software (it has a chat and file transfer embedded into the chat windows).
To automate the connection with remote, it is necessary to launch the program with a batch file. The sintax is:
REM Open Main program window

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraViewer\UltraViewer_Desktop.exe"
REM wait 10 seconds

timeout /T 10
REM launch the connection to remote

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraViewer\UltraViewer_Desktop.exe" -i:REMOTE-ID -p:PASSWORD

if you want to evaluate the possibility of integrating with RDM, following the link to website.

https://ultraviewer.net/en/

Thank you
Best regards,
Davide

2 mths Free alternative to TeamViewer: UltraViewer
dadep
dadep

Thank you so much.

4 mths Missing Quick Connect on top of the window
dadep
dadep

Hello,
with last RDM release 2019.1.39.0 I have lost the Quick Connect and other icons on the top bar of the window (see attached screenshots, with icons and empty).ùI0ve checked out Interface settings but cannot found anything useful.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2ot1qz7nk/

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Davide

4 mths Missing Quick Connect on top of the window
dadep
dadep

If you use https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.2019.1.25.0.exe, it works.

6 mths No download links for older versions in 2019 build
dadep
dadep

OK.

For your convenience, On the documentation is not written, but to use CLI switches, the GUI must already be open, so you need to run the executable twice: first time without parameters to open the GUI, the second one with -i:ID_TO_CONNECT -p:PASSWORD

UltraViewer_Desktop.exe

UltraViewer_Desktop.exe -i:ID_TO_CONNECT -p:PASSWORD

2 yrs UltraViewer Add-on
dadep
dadep

Hello,
I have found UltraViewer as a valid replacement for TeamViewer (which has become impossible to use with its timeouts after 5 minutes of use).
UltraViewer is completely free (at the moment) and it seems to works like TeamViewer.
The latest release supports command line switches to pass ID and Password.

Homepage
https://ultraviewer.net/en/

CLI support
https://ultraviewer.net/en/60117-ultraviewer-6-1-16-command-line-support.html

Thank you
Best regards,
Davide

2 yrs UltraViewer Add-on
dadep
dadep

Jean-Francois,
tried also with your last solution but not working for me, even after deleting registry entries, the connection fails every time. I have had to reimport the entries into the registry.
For me is not so important continue to investigate this issue, but if it is to you, I can keep trying to troubleshoot.
Let me know.
thank you all for your time.

3 yrs RDP doesn't works with Embedded Session
dadep
dadep

Hello Jean-Francois,
tried all your solutions, but nothing changes. I have configured the session to warn if verification does not meet minimum policy requirementes
https://www.screencast.com/t/7CjuBGdAMZzP
and the warning box appears only when open the session in embedded mode, in all other ways the connection is established without any message.

thank you.

dadep
dadep

Hi Maurice,
I have only one opened connection to that server. But what I want to point out is that if I open the same connection, at the same time, from RDM as external (not embedded) or via mstsc is working.

Connection with RDCMan is working.

In connections.loog there are no related entries, and in RemoteDesktopManaer.debug there are following lines:

01/02/2017 14:12:06]DEBUG Opening in Console / Admin mode
[01/02/2017 14:12:10]DEBUG Il computer remoto ha interrotto la sessione a causa di un errore del protocollo di gestione delle licenze.
Provare a riconnettersi al computer remoto o contattare l'amministratore del server.
[01/02/2017 14:12:11]DEBUG RDP - Disconnect:2056 / exDiscReasonNoInfo

thank you
Davide

dadep
dadep

Have you tried to rename kitty.exe to putty.exe ?

3 yrs Using Kitty as default SSH Client
dadep
dadep

Hello,
when I try to open an RDP embedded session (to Win2000 server) I receive following error (sorry for italian language); try to translate the message:
"session interrupted because license protocol error", or something similar :-)
But if I open the same session as External, or via mstsc.exe is working.
I'm on RDM 12.0.10 beta.

https://www.screencast.com/t/2mU4gvLP8O

thank you
Davide

dadep
dadep

Rumpler,
about this feature, please see this post https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=27153

3 yrs Spilt RDM desktop to accomodate 4 visible sessions
dadep
dadep

Have tried Reset Layout and UI items missing / Unable to hide UI elements but without luck.

3 yrs RDM 12.0.7.0 Missing Windows/Tile Ribbon Item
dadep
dadep

Hello,
In my 12.0.7.0 The Windows/Cascade,Tile ribbon item is missing and haven't found how to add it.
I take the opportunity to ask to Devolutions team if/when the feature to accomodate more sessions will be implemented.

Thank you
Best regards and wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Davide

3 yrs RDM 12.0.7.0 Missing Windows/Tile Ribbon Item
dadep
dadep

hi all,
no, I have not solved this problem, but, in truth, my customer has changed vpn and I left this client.
regards,
Davide

3 yrs Fortinet Client command line doesn't works
dadep
dadep

OK,
thank you very much.

Davide

3 yrs [OT - not found the right section] - To Devolutions Team: Tapatalk integration for RDM forum
dadep
dadep

Hello,
Sorry for the Off Topic.
I have not found the right formun session for this my suggestion. I'm often out of office for my job and have to consult my forums subscriptions with the smartphone. Many are integrated with tapatalk, but could not find you.
Do you have in plan to integrate with tapatalk or you already are there and I have not found you ?

Tahnk you
Davide

3 yrs [OT - not found the right section] - To Devolutions Team: Tapatalk integration for RDM forum
dadep
dadep

Hello,
this post is not strictly related to a RDM problem, but more generally to forticlient (but I have no access to Fortinert support).
I'm using FortiSSL to connect to my customer, and have downloaded FortiSSLVPNclient.exe in order to setup RDM entry.
But the FortSSLVPNclient.exe itself doesn't works as expected. I'm using correct command line switches, but instead open a connection, appears following window

If I click on Connect button, it cannot establish a connection, immediately disconnect.
Using a "normal" interactive forticlient the vpn is opened and it works.
I have installed Forticlient 5.4.1

Does anyone can help me ?

thanks in advance
Davide

4 yrs Fortinet Client command line doesn't works
dadep
dadep

Any news about ths feature ?

thank you.

4 yrs Spilt RDM desktop to accomodate 4 visible sessions
dadep
dadep

Great, I look forward !
thank you

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I don't know if it's already been asked, and if it possible, but I'd like the ability to split the RDM window to accommodate 4 visible sessions, like attached example.

thank you
Davide

dadep
dadep

BINGO !!!!
Now is working.

thank you very much
Davide

5 yrs Single session logging
dadep
dadep

Strange !
It seems that rdm cannot find the ngdial.exe

even if

dadep
dadep

The problem is that rdm does not properly execute the batch, that contains the following command line:

C:\Windows\system32\ngdial.exe "Aventail VPN Connection" USERNAME PASSWORD -server=SERVERNAME -login=users -status=enable -icon=enable -gui

RDM return the error (sorry, my o.s. is in italian):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager>C:\Windows\system32\ngdial.exe "Aventail VPN Connection" USERNAME PASSWORD -server=SERVERNAME -login=users -status=enable -icon=enable -gui

"C:\Windows\system32\ngdial.exe" non è riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno, un programma eseguibile o un file batch.

I have tried to enclose the entire string in double quotes, without luck.

If I run the script from ms-dos shell, it works.

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I've setup a session to open vpn from .bat file.
The script is working from windows or cmd shell, but not from inside RDM.
I would like to troubleshoot the problem but don't know where to find the log of the session.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Davide

dadep
dadep

Hello,
is in your roadmap implementation of Aventail SonicWall vpn client ?
This client doesn't have its own executable file to open interface and setup connection parameters, but must run following cli command:

C:\Windows\system32\ngdial.exe "Aventail VPN Connection" username * -server=vpn.vpn.com -login=VPN -status=enable -icon=enable -gui

where:
"Aventail VPN Connection" is the name on windows control panel network connections page
username= vpn username
*= password (is possible to explicitly write it)
login= the group to which the user belongs

Here you can download client installation package.

Thank you
Regards
Davide

5 yrs Aventail SonicWall vpn client
dadep
dadep

OK.
Thank you David

5 yrs Undo on sessions operations [RDM 10.0.15)
dadep
dadep

Hello,
I've done a mistake during a batch move on a lot of sessions.
Is possible to undo operations (I'm using xml datasource) ? If not, can you put the feature on your to-do list ?

thank you
Regards
Davide

5 yrs Undo on sessions operations [RDM 10.0.15)
dadep
dadep

Thank you.
Davide

5 yrs Choosing vSphere client version
dadep
dadep

Hello,
I'm using RDM 10.0.15.0 beta, and on my pc have multiple vSphere clients installed (3.x,4.x,5.x) because I'm working on several customers, each using different vSphere version.
I'll need to know if is possible to setup a RDM session choosing which vsphere client to lauch. RDM uses the client defined in the default application path. It would be useful to be able to choose which client installed on the PC use.
For now, I'm using a RDM command line session type.
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

5 yrs Choosing vSphere client version