Posts by debell67 (debell67)

debell67
debell67

Thanks,
If it was a spider it wooda bit me!! smile

3 yrs importing entries from Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7
debell67
debell67

Has anyone tried to import entries from this application? It does save the connections to an XML file but the configuration of the XML for obvious reason it is not directly compatible with RDM.

Currently, some coworkers use this application and I am sure if I can show them how awesome RDM is I can get them to start using RDM. But I need to be able to show them with their remote connections. Here is an example of the format of the xml (they use an RDG extension)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RDCMan programVersion="2.7" schemaVersion="3">
<file>
<credentialsProfiles />
<properties>
<expanded>True</expanded>
<name>test</name>
</properties>
<server>
<properties>
<displayName>Server 1</displayName>
<name>1.1.1.1</name>
</properties>
<logonCredentials inherit="None">
<profileName scope="Local">Custom</profileName>
<userName>username</userName>
<password>AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAU7TWsuxYnk+Oj4dbHZOR+wAAAAACAAAAAAADZgAAwAAAABAAAABKgCEPWPTnJVCAvFzmOQMYAAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAAAHuLA+TXV3OIIYYiR4yCuUkgAAAAm+9S5igRPn5P99uH1+Y99YvJCCTJna3RrJd10ukcgacUAAAA+dphp4Aduj54N/CndK6bn6IA/AE=</password>
<domain>US</domain>
</logonCredentials>
</server>
<server>
<properties>
<displayName>Server 2</displayName>
<name>2.2.2.2</name>
</properties>
<logonCredentials inherit="None">
<profileName scope="Local">Custom</profileName>
<userName>user2</userName>
<password>AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAU7TWsuxYnk+Oj4dbHZOR+wAAAAACAAAAAAADZgAAwAAAABAAAAC8aSsnR5Eh2S3eMrWjuB3PAAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAAADo4jjPVXBtCECL7mzCduZ8gAAAA7r69eiG8prNuPVpxcnuMBNDkt5ZuWu2+Xw+kM3g4LbYUAAAASnaMV9DClDp4RTCKw36wz25yrzo=</password>
<domain>US</domain>
</logonCredentials>
</server>
</file>
<connected />
<favorites />
<recentlyUsed />
</RDCMan>

3 yrs importing entries from Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7
debell67
debell67

yes CSV will be fine. Ideally include the folder name as well but I am sure I can figure that part out if complicates things.

3 yrs looking for help with a quick powershell script
debell67
debell67

I need a script that will output a list of the computer names for all of my sessions. If it matters the sessions are RDP sessions.

3 yrs looking for help with a quick powershell script
debell67
debell67

Not exactly but it will work just as well as what I was thinking.

Thanks.

3 yrs Can I change the backgroud color of the navigation window for a specific connection?
debell67
debell67

Here is what a sample of my tree view looks like now. And the second screenshot is how I want it to look

3 yrs Can I change the backgroud color of the navigation window for a specific connection?
debell67
debell67

want to be able to identify the connection in the tree/folder view by color

debell67
debell67

correct

debell67
debell67

Can I change the backgroud color of the navigation window for a specific connection?
My goal is to be able to identify servers by the role they provide (FTP, web, storage, etc) and each role would have a different color?

debell67
debell67

Holy cow, that must have been it! Thanks! I'll be more careful next time smile

5 yrs TREE VIEW Invisible / Gone
debell67
debell67

THANK YOU! That did it.
HOW did that get Un-Set? I literally was using it one minute and lost it the next, without any conscious "clicking" on anything or trying to re-tool, reset settings, customize, etc. It was like, there one minute - gone the next. What could I have done so I can avoid that next time?

debell67
debell67

I am having the issue that others have had with Tree View disappearing. It seems to "be there", in that when you choose "explode view" is acts like there are entries extending past the end of the window and puts up a Scroll Bar. When you compact the view, it removes it - just like it would because the list of folders is smaller than the window. (see screen shot)
I've tried all the suggestions from similar posts, nothing has worked.
I recently got the auto-notice to update to the 'next' version and declined, am still on 2.0.3.0

Much appreciated for any help that you can offer ...

debell67
debell67

I will give that a shot. For some reason I thought that data source was limited to 15 connections unless you paid separately for it. Maybe that has changed I have not looked at it lately.

5 yrs Where on my android phone are the xml datasources created
debell67
debell67

ok maybe you can suggest a solution for my issue then. I have an xml datasource that I use for my PC installation of remote desktop manager. I want to make it available to the android application.

debell67
debell67

Where on my android phone are the xml datasources created. When I create a datasource the path listed is
/data/data/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/files/Connections.xml (this is the default when I create a new datasource.
However that path does not seem to exist.

debell67
debell67

I have recently updated my Microsoft SQL Management studio from 2008 to 2012 which changes the path of the install. How do I update the path the SQL management studio addon is using?

5 yrs need to change path to external program
debell67
debell67

I was afraid that was the answer. Thanks for the info

6 yrs my personal credentials
debell67
debell67

I use an XML datasource and most of the people that use RDM here have the free version. (just in case this impacts the availability of the features I am asking about)

I have some RDP connections that require a VPN connection to get to. I have set up cisco connection that will connect however I want the vpn to use each person's correct VPN login/password. Is there a way this can be done?

6 yrs my personal credentials
debell67
debell67

Wondering if anyone has been able to run RDM on the surface pro, or not been able to for that matter?

I currently own the Surface 2 and it will not run but that is because it uses Window RT.

The Pro line uses Windows 8.1 and has an I3/I5/(now it is even available in an I7) but before spending the cash on the pro I would like to be sure it will work.

6 yrs MS Surface pro (2 or 3)
debell67
debell67

bah, I always forget that the tools have a separate area for credentials. Thanks works great!

6 yrs remote powershell tool connection authentication
debell67
debell67

I am trying to create a remote powershell tool session however I am having some authentication problems. The user account that my remote powershell script needs is not the one I login to my local computer/RDM. The servers that need to execute has a seperate login name and password. Each time I run the script I get an access denied. If I run my command outside of RDM and specify the -credentials parameter it will prompt me for the password and then will execute the command properly.

I am adding this tool to an existing RDP session which has the password configured and it will connect to the desktop normally.

New-PSSession : [AL001HPFC5DBS1] Connecting to remote server AL001HPFC5DBS1 failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the
about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:5 char:18
+ $rdm_pssession = New-PSSession -ComputerName "AL001HPFC5DBS1"
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AccessDenied,PSSessionOpenFailed
Invoke-Command : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Session'. The argument is null or empty. Supply an argument that is not null or empty and then try the command again.
At line:6 char:26
+ Invoke-Command -Session $rdm_pssession -ScriptBlock { Get-WmiObject Win32_servi ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (smile [Invoke-Command], ParameterBindingValidationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand

Enter-PSSession : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Session'. The argument is null or empty. Supply an argument that is not null or empty and then try the command again.
At line:7 char:27
+ Enter-PSSession -Session $rdm_pssession;
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (smile [Enter-PSSession], ParameterBindingValidationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.EnterPSSessionCommand

6 yrs remote powershell tool connection authentication
debell67
debell67

Maybe I should have posted this in the powershell repository :/

6 yrs need help with powershell "Set-rdm-property"
debell67
debell67

Ok what I am doing to trying to set the description on my connections. If I do the following command it works
set-rdm-property $session.ID -property Description -Value $connection.Hostname -NoRefresh

But what I want to do is have it set a description that combines the use of a string and the value I am importing. such as "Hostname: Server1". However when I use the following command to do it I get an error "WARNING: Path or property not found. Value not set."

set-rdm-property $session.ID -property Description -Value "Host name: "+$connection.Hostname -NoRefresh

Is there a different way I should be doing this?

6 yrs need help with powershell "Set-rdm-property"
debell67
debell67

nevermind, seems my brain was not firing on all cylinders yesterday. Amazing what sleep can do for ya LOL

6 yrs importing from old version of RDM 5.9.0.0
debell67
debell67

I am having trouble importing connections from an old version of RDM. I exported my connections(*.RDM file) from version 5.9.0.0 however when I attempt to import into the current version it does not see anything to import. Is it possible to make this work. I am trying to avoid having to install that old version.

6 yrs importing from old version of RDM 5.9.0.0
debell67
debell67

no it gives me the error 5: Access denied

6 yrs Access denied when using the services tool
debell67
debell67

I have an RDP connection setup to a Windows Server 2008 but if I try to use the services tool I get an access denied error. I can log in with that connection and access services with no problem. I do have the tools setup to use the session credentials.
10+9+2014+8+08+10+AM
I also tried accessing the computer management tool which does come up but when I navigate to services with that it gives me the same error.

6 yrs Access denied when using the services tool
debell67
debell67

David, I think that one is different. try http://appmazing.software.informer.com/

6 yrs RDO (Remote desktop Organizer) import
debell67
debell67

Unfortunately no. I have attached an export from the app. Kinda doubtful on the usefulness of it.

debell67
debell67

Anyone know of a way to import from RDO , this is an app made by appmazing?