Forum

Posts by acirovic (acirovic)

acirovic
acirovic

Is the Custom Installer Service subject to additional cost?

5 yrs Setting offline mode to Read/Write in the installer package
acirovic
acirovic

We're experiencing serious performance issue with 20000 entries in the Database (mixed credentials and sessions, mostly sessions). The client freezes frequently and becomes almost unusable.

We're running the latest version of the RDMS (2.2.21.0) and the client (10.1.4.0).

Is there something we can do to improve the performance? We had to temporarily reduce the number of entries below 10K to keep the system at acceptable performance level.

We'll soon have to import the remaining entries, so the problem will present itself very soon.

Regards,
Alex

5 yrs RDMS/RDM performance issue with 20K entries (sessions and credentials)
acirovic
acirovic

I mean with the msi.

acirovic
acirovic

Would it be possible to set the offline mode to Read/Write in the installer package? See attachment.

acirovic
acirovic

Yes it was, and it was helpful.

5 yrs VMWare VM console can't be started since upgrading to RDM 10.1 (vCenter 4.1)
acirovic
acirovic

The first issue is that this functionality now requires PowerShell v3. That was easily resolved but it was still not working.

After that we started getting the following message:

"Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Credential'. The argument is null or empty...".

This issue was then fixed by manually changing the VMWare Console Type from Default to VMWare VMRC.

5 yrs VMWare VM console can't be started since upgrading to RDM 10.1 (vCenter 4.1)
acirovic
acirovic

Hello,

Since upgrading to 10.1.3.0, we can no longer start VMWare VM consoles in RDM. This behavior has been observed with vCenter 4.1. Haven't tested yet with later releases.

acirovic
acirovic

Hello,

We noticed recently that few users have caching issue with session entries. Some of the deleted entries are still present in the client and some new entries have not popped up.

Is it possible to force sync the client with the RDMS? The F5 and clicking on the refresh button didn't bring much.

We're running the latest RDMS version 2.2.21.0 and 9.2.1.0 and 10.1.3.0 clients. We're experiencing this issue with both clients, and upgrading to the newer version does not help.

Regards,
Alex

5 yrs Some entries missing/caching issue (RDMS)
acirovic
acirovic

In the web interface, session details tab there is a "Connect to Session", but when I click on it I get:

"To connect to a session, use your Remote Desktop Manager Client!"

How do I get it to start the session? Am I doing something wrong? I hope this was the intended use of the button, otherwise it doesn't make sense to put the button there.

Could you please clarify this.

BR,
Alex

6 yrs Starting session from the RDMS web interface
acirovic
acirovic

It's more for SSH connections that we would really appreciate this functionality. Especially the console output return channeling which we could then use for ticket documentation.

7 yrs Trigger RDM from URL
acirovic
acirovic

That's a good point. I tried with quick connect, but at that time I had no templates created, so I didn't realize you could use a template from the quick connect launcher.

7 yrs Generic connection
acirovic
acirovic

Is it possible to create a generic(abstract) connection without the target hostname?

Idea here is to create a connection that requires a VPN, but the target hostname would be provided interactively when prompted, similar to the sessions without user credentials.

7 yrs Generic connection
acirovic
acirovic

This could be a workaround we could work with. We have globally unlimited license of RDM(S), so we could install a local RDM on the "jump-in" systems under our control.

This could maybe be a suggestion how to implement it. Have a stripped down version of RDM running on all the machines in the chain and use it to propagate session infomation (hostname, username, password, connection type...) down the chain.

7 yrs Chained connections
acirovic
acirovic

We are a service provider managing customer infrastructures. We use an online IT Service Management (ITSM) tool called Service-Now (http://www.service-now.com)

It would be useful for our support personnel to be able to connect to to the customer systems from the ticket itself (in the browser). In every ticket we have a Configuration Item (CI), which is the target system to which our IM employees need to connect and troubleshoot. We are looking into ways to provide the integration with RDM(S). The protocol handler would be the first step, at least to be able to trigger the connections from the ITSM tool itself.

The more interesting would be to provide a local web server, like you do already for KeePass integration. Something that would accept incoming REST calls and inject the commands into the session and return the output back from the console. We could use this method to document our work. Now the user has to copy paste the console output back into the ticketing system.

Regards,
Alex

acirovic
acirovic

I've tried with both 4.1 and 5.1 and it didn't work with any of them. It connects with the saved credentials, but the list is empty.

7 yrs VMware Console
acirovic
acirovic

Is it possible or is there a mechanism to trigger a specific RDM session from a URL in a browser?

acirovic
acirovic

It would be nice to be able to chain connections. Starting from one system, connection to another system, and then starting a connection from that system to a third system, etc...

Of course on each of the the systems in the chain there would be a "helper app" running to propagate the connection information necessary to connect to the next target system.

I initially thought that the sub connections are implementation of this behavior.

This would be very useful for service providers. The typical scenario in these environments is to connect to a system at the client premise from where an additional connection needs to be established to a target system.

Regards,
Alex

7 yrs Chained connections