Forum

Posts by kollenh (kollenh)

kollenh
kollenh

Thanks! It's not exactly what I was hoping for but is a pretty good work-around.

6 yrs RDM Freezing with SSH Entries
kollenh
kollenh

Could yes, but we either have to deploy all the individual Putty configurations to each user or use an extremely limited set of parameters for the connection. I was hoping we could put all the connection details into RDM and have it launch a SSH shell (Putty or otherwise) with those options.

kollenh
kollenh

Just to add to this thread, I am experiencing the same freezing that was described, even after upgrading to 10.0.3.0.

If a fix cannot be implemented quickly or easily, is there a way to launch an external program with the defined parameters, as nickterry asked initially?

kollenh
kollenh

Thank you Stéfane! Using '-path Web' was the key. For anyone else attempting the same, please note that 'Web' is case-sensitive.

I did have some difficulties getting all the values to set in one pass but I just looped through the group, setting each value I wanted per loop.

Love this product.

7 yrs Set web form login information
kollenh
kollenh

Hi,
I'm trying to put together an automated process that will generate a series of URL (WebBrowser) sessions based on (RDP) sessions in a different group. The basics are good - the session is created with the correct (server) name, URL and type but I'm struggling to identify the way to set the Form login information.
When I export and view the XML, I see there is a <Web> entry but it is empty when I query using
Get-RDM-Property -ID $_.ID -Property Web

Note that I get valid information returned if I use the same query but look for WebBrowserApplication
Here is the excerpt of the XML that I'm using:
<Web>
<PasswordControlId>Password</PasswordControlId>
<SubmitControlId>modal-submit</SubmitControlId>
<UserNameControlId>Username</UserNameControlId>
</Web>

Any help would be appreciated.
edited by kollenh on 6/27/2013

7 yrs Set web form login information
kollenh
kollenh

Thanks David. We look forward to this functionality. Is there anything currently in place that could do something similar? The product is so feature-rich that a usability guide could be useful to many - some tips and practices to really get the most out of RDM.

7 yrs Organize Session structure by user
kollenh
kollenh

Love the RDM product but while introducing it to a new group, we came up with the desire for each team member to have their own organizational structure for sessions. Basically we're looking for the ability to create the sessions in a shared database but allow individual users control how it is displayed/organized.
How possible/feasible would this feature be?
Thank you

7 yrs Organize Session structure by user