Forum

Posts by anvar (anvar)

anvar
anvar

The first time it is a FC with only one error.
The second time the FC error keeps on coming. You need to reboot the device.

Correct I'm using the standard CM12 (LP 5.0.2)

5 yrs FC on start - CM12 - Nexus 9
anvar
anvar

I have also send the report after the force close

anvar
anvar

Hi There,

I have a direct force close on start.

Rom: Official CM12
Device: Nexus 9

In attachment you can find the logcat.

anvar
anvar

Hi David, thanks

5 yrs Elevated rights - no keyboard shortcuts to other applications
anvar
anvar

Hi There,

We have a small problem with the use of RDM as an elevated user. We need to start RDM as "administrator" or with elevated rights because otherwise we can't start our VPN tunnels.
Now running RDM as an admin or elevated has the problem that the focus window (in this case an RDP connection) captures all the keystrokes and shortkey's like printscreen don't work anymore outside of the session.
The take for example a printscreen (greenshot, grabit, ...) we need to click outside the RDM window (in other words outside the elevated window) to use the shortkey again.

I found this on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11169431/how-to-start-a-new-process-without-administrator-privileges-from-a-process-with

Is this something that can be implemented so the RDP connection an elevated RDM is running as a normal user and can use shortkey's again?

5 yrs Elevated rights - no keyboard shortcuts to other applications
anvar
anvar

@ David, great thanks for the update.
@ Martin, didn't know off that tool. Going to try it out

5 yrs RDM for Linux
anvar
anvar

That is great news.
Thanks for the wonderful support and have a nice weekend

5 yrs Spiceworks integration
anvar
anvar

Hubert,

The same errors as C.Goerner

I've triple checked the username and password, just to be 100% sure that they were correct.
I've also tried with loging in to the webinterface, leaving it open and then testing the integration. But with the same result.

anvar
anvar

That is quite strange, no we do not have a proxy or anything in between. It is also tested from a computer (RDM install) in the same network.

I'll await the next version to see what the XML looks like with the error.

Thanks in advance for all the work and support !

anvar
anvar

Hi Hubert,

I've send you a PM with both the files from both the different installs (see above)

Thanks in advance

anvar
anvar

Hi Hubert,

Yes I've noticed, I did the test again and this is the error in the application log (twice the same error)

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

anvar
anvar

Ah great, I will wait for the new version and send the log file through
thanks in advance

anvar
anvar

No problem,
It has been tested out on a different server and a different RDM but with the same error, the api pages also loads fine.

As test I have enabled the API option in spiceworks, but no difference.

The version we are using is 7.3.00027 & RDM 10.1.3.0
edited by anvar on 1/6/2015

anvar
anvar

Good idea,

Logged in with my admin user and then added /api/groups.xml & /api/devices.xml and both pages display the correct information. I can see my groups and devices in the XML tree

I'm going to ask my collegeau to test it out on his enviroment

anvar
anvar

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the quick reply

Just tested it out with the port addition, but without succes.

I've now tested out the spiceworks entry but with the same result. But if choose Dashboard in the entry then the browser fires up and logs in with the specified password. But Linking a device or group gives the above specified error.

anvar
anvar

Hi All,

I'm testing out the Spiceworks integration.
My spiceworks server is installed, scanned and configured. Everything on the spiceworks server side works like it shoud be (I think).

Now I'm trying to enter the information in RDM.
So I've edited a connection, Tools - Spiceworks, Enabled, and filled in the spiceworks host (http://ipaddress). When I click the browser icon the webpage fires up fine. Then I've entered my credentials, double checked them on the spiceworks host. But when I click the Link button next to Device, a new window opens up with the following errors:
- Unable to retrieve groups
- Unable to retrieve the devices

So I thought it was account permission, checked the login information and everything is entered correct.

Am I forgetting something?

anvar
anvar

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I've never tested this scenario but I think the answer is yes. However I don't understand why you will like to do that. Why not open the VPN directly from where you are?

Same problem here. We support multiple client sites, all with their own infra provider and different VPN's. For example, Cisco, Sonicwall, Fortinet... Most of these VPN solutions you can't install together on 1 device.

So I was thinking about using Jump as a solution.

- Terminal Server per VPN client
- All those TS'es are Jump hosts

When initiating a connectio, first an RDP is made to the TS host. This host connects the VPN and then connects the RDP connection to the target server.

Now the problem with this solution is:
- The Jump connection to the target server makes the connection before the Jump. So he makes the VPN on your local client and tries to connect to the Jump host.
- When setting the VPN to ask for confirmation, then you can click no. Then the Jump happens and the Jump Host makes the connection (asks for VPN connection first). But the problem here is that the connection with Jump Host over RDP stops working.

If that could be resolved that would make RDM the perfect tool

5 yrs Remote Desktop Manager Jump Beta
anvar
anvar

No in the "AD view" you can't select the trusted domain, it isn't even displayed

6 yrs AD - Add user from trusted domain
anvar
anvar

Yes this is supported, see the screenshot. The 3 triangles are the trusted domain.
Screenshot is taken from SQL Management Studio - adding a new User (Windows)
edited by anvar on 3/18/2014

anvar
anvar

Hi,

Is it possible to expand the "Users integrated active directory" function with the possibility to add users from a different trusted domain?

Example:
Domain 1 (Forest 1) - RDM server - users A
**Forest Trust between Forest 1 & 2**
Domain 2 (Forest 2)- users B
I want to add users B to the RDM instance on Domain 1 together with users A
edited by anvar on 3/18/2014

anvar
anvar

Any news if this would be included?

7 yrs IP Range
anvar
anvar

Sure, I made a screenshot from the Inventory report to give an idea
So in the top fields where you can specify the IP range, subnet, router, dns and etc...
And beneath it fields where you can modify the title and value, so you can add appliances and tick them off or on whenever the client has that type of appliance

in case the picture doesn't work; link

7 yrs IP Range
anvar
anvar

Hi,

We use RDM to manage the connections to our costumers.
To take more advantage of RDM we decided to put a lot more client information in RDM, only one thing is missing: An entry so you specify the IP range used at that customer and in an ideal situation together with a link to softperfect networkscanner or nmap

7 yrs IP Range
anvar
anvar

I think you need this one: http://doc.owncloud.org/server/4.5/developer_manual/share-api.html?highlight=api , but it still in development.
It is possible to create a plugin inside for owncloud. The dev manual explains everything http://doc.owncloud.org/server/4.5/developer_manual/
I don't know if there is anything usefull in it, my C# knowledge is quite small...

7 yrs Owncloud as datasource
anvar
anvar

Hello,

For the people who don't know ownCloud, http://owncloud.org/, it is a Dropbox opensource alternative that you can install on your own servers or you can rent an account from partners.
It has some similar features as Dropbox, like instant photo upload, apps, api, client sync and etc...

So would it be possible to add owncloud as a data source?

7 yrs Owncloud as datasource
anvar
anvar

oddly enough after trying the delete button over 15 times it worked. So topic can be closed

9 yrs Delete Group
anvar
anvar

I found an option, but then I got this error
Ps: the group is emtpy

9 yrs Delete Group
anvar
anvar

Hello,

Just created a wrong group, when right clicking I can't find a delete option and pressing the delete button doesn't help either.
Am I overlooking something?

9 yrs Delete Group
anvar
anvar

nick wrote:

Yes, I know I can do it manually, but it would be so much nicer if it was done via the "Edit Session".
and what about opening management studio as embedded ?

No like David allready said, there is no command line parameter.
Didn't test the embedded part, so can't help you there

10 yrs SQL Managment Studio Addon
anvar
anvar

nick wrote:

Thomas,
did you already manage to get the Object Explorer connected ?
and is it not possible to open the management studio as embedded within the remote desktop manager instead as a separate window ?
best regards,
Nick

You can connect them, but with a manual intervention. connect to database on the right side. And the correct server\instance will be selected.

10 yrs SQL Managment Studio Addon