Forum

Posts by atakacs (atakacs)

atakacs
atakacs

Hi

Thanks for the clarification - yes using "external mode". As this was / is working with Windows I thought to continue on my Mac. Clearly hitting some limitation.

12 mths Credentials in RDS connections
atakacs
atakacs

Hi

Long time user of RDM / Win I am testing the Mac version.

Overall things are working fine except that my RDS (MS Remote desktop) connexions don't seem to have the password (or a valid password at the very least) passed to them.

I.e the MS Remote desktop would load, connect to the desired server but I would systematically get a password prompt (the username is pre-entered correctly).

Am I missing something?

RDM 6.1.0, RDS client 10.2.3, OSX 10.13.6

12 mths Credentials in RDS connections
atakacs
atakacs

Done

BTW I also have "out of memory" warnings poping up form time to time (but with no ill effect)

2 yrs Copy / paste not working in latest release 4.9.1
atakacs
atakacs

Hello

for some reason copy / paste (at least when trying to enter credentials) is not working with the latest release. "paste" won't. Was ok so far.
Iphone 8 / ios 11.4.1

2 yrs Copy / paste not working in latest release 4.9.1
atakacs
atakacs

Well for instance launch time is about 30 sec... that's until I get the UI (after that I guess I have to wait it assets are retrieved from online drive). Will give you more examples.

Forum: I have my own account (not cloud based).

4 yrs Performance enhancements
atakacs
atakacs

Here is my "about my mac"

Using the app since beta (0.9) and never found it to be real fast, although possibly even slower recently.

PS: Why does the forum "expire" editing sessions after 1-2 minutes, thus trashing all you input ?!

atakacs
atakacs

Hello

I have done that and I can't see any significant difference. Still really sluggish.

To be honest the Windows version (which I also use) isn't super responsive either but the Mac build is super, super slow...

atakacs
atakacs

Hello

I am using RDM on a fairly high end Mac (latest generation i7 / SSD) with storage using devolution online drive.

If the application is (mostly) working I am really seeing very poor performances - it takes ages to open, any UI interaction take a noticeable time, all in all very sluggish.

I think there is real room for improvement on that front...

atakacs
atakacs

I keep getting these errors on a regular basis:

rdm+mac

Not quite sure what's causing that - RDM open but NOT used - just sitting idle...

v3.0.4 on MacOS 10.10

4 yrs Soap error
atakacs
atakacs

i am running Win 8.1.1

Manual authentication allowed to to have the UI to (successfully) validate the Dropbox link.

Interestingly enough I could then setup the Dropbox data source on the mac side without any problem (it actually reported "no validation required").

Bit kludgey but it works now smile

5 yrs Best practice sharing credentials on same machine
atakacs
atakacs

BTW just tried on the Windows side (running in VMWare Fusion) and there... nothing happens at validate - no error message, no pop up, just hangs... Dropbox itself just load fine in browser. Direct Internet connexion (no proxy).

atakacs
atakacs

Tried - does not help
Dropbox website loads just fine

atakacs
atakacs

Thanks

There is an improvement to the effect that the app does not crash... but I just get an empty dialog:

10.10.1 dropbox 2.10.52

atakacs
atakacs

I'd say marginally better ... thanks for your efforts

5 yrs Performance improvments
atakacs
atakacs

Anything I can do to test / debug ?

atakacs
atakacs

Thanks

Trying to setup a dropbox data source generate an "Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown" error.

The error submission mechanism hangs and reports "Error report failed to send".

Pasting the error report create a asp.net error in the forum software: "A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$AspNetForumContentPlaceHolder$tbQuickReply="...51c47d3e24<A.cdd520c65dd8e9225...")." - I'd say you should catch it to present the user something nicer...

All 3 point 100% reproducible. Macbook running 10.0.1

atakacs
atakacs

I am running RDM on my Mac both in the native OS and in Windows 8 under a VM.

What is my best approach to share the same credentials database between the two ?

Suggestions most welcome.

atakacs
atakacs

Is is just me that find RDM to become really sluggish at time ? I'm running it in various environments but (especially with v10) it's just slow as molasse...

5 yrs Performance improvments
atakacs
atakacs

That's great news !

I am still very surprised that this was not requested by other users but in any case looking forward to it.

As we are at it I would also suggest a "dynamic credential creation" feature. let me explain:

At the moment (at least this is my understanding how things work) I have to first create a LastPass credential for a given site, then create a RDM entry for said site and finally use the credential to populate the entry.

I would be nice that, assuming RDM has my main Lastpass credentials, I could, when creating a new RDM entry, say "oh, let me show you which credentials in LP we should use for this site", ie now need to preventatively do it. Hope it makes sense !

6 yrs Use LasrtPass credentials to Putty / SSH
atakacs
atakacs

Ouch

I keep most (hundreds) of credentials as notes (which can themselves be of various types, we use, quite naturally, the "server" type.

Am I the first person to report this ? Sites are, IMHO, more suitable for web sites. I might convert all the notes but it is a definite PITA...

atakacs
atakacs

thanks. That's pretty much what I did (and yes I have RTFD). Putty come up but I still get prompted for username / pass...

atakacs
atakacs

Just downloaded the beta - will put it to test smile

6 yrs Remote Desktop Manager for Mac Update!
atakacs
atakacs

Just realized that you are actually working on a mac version - GREAT !

Do you plan for feature parity ? For me lastpass integration would be absolute must !

6 yrs Remote Desktop Manager for Mac Update!
atakacs
atakacs

Hello

I might be missing something but for the life of me I can't seems to find a way of using LastPass credentials to open an SSH session via Putty.

Is this supported ? If so any pointer most welcome !

atakacs
atakacs

that's GREAT news !
edited by atakacs on 2/27/2014

6 yrs Confused about LastPass integration
atakacs
atakacs

Well as far as I understand RDM does NOT "see" LP shared folder so it will not work at all in this scenario. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one smile

6 yrs Confused about LastPass integration
atakacs
atakacs

> They are not listed when you browse them?

No

> Does it work with LastPass mobile?

Yes - at least in iOS devices

7 yrs Confused about LastPass integration
atakacs
atakacs

Thanks

I think (as per my initial post) that LastPass Enterprise entries (in shared folders) are NOT readable by RDM. Too bad...

atakacs
atakacs

oh ok - so I can't use existing credentials ?

Will I be able to share them using LastPass Enterprise (which is the whole point here) ?

Last but not least are those "humanely readable" (assuming I share with someone which does not have RDM) ?

atakacs
atakacs

Just installed v9 (Enterprise) I was very excited by the mention of full LastPass support. I indeed use LastPass Enterprise to share access codes with my co-workers.

Am I missing something or as those credentials not available to RDM ?

Any help / pointer most welcome !