Forum

Posts by Jonathan Gilbert (Jonathan Gilbert)

Hmm, that's unfortunate. I use keyboard interaction very heavily myself, and so for me it's a significant usability issue that I can't close the dialog with Enter or Escape. If there is such a divide in the users, some who use the keyboard a lot and some for whom Enter closing a dialog is actually a serious impediment, maybe it warrants a configuration option to enable/disable Enter and Escape to interact with dialogs?

5 mths Dialogs do not have accelerator keys or default buttons

I have a section with 6 servers in it that I sometimes connect to all at once. When I am finished, I want to log off of all 6 servers, so I select all 6 in the tree, right-click, "Log off", and this attempts to send WinKey+R, "logoff", Enter to each window in turn. But, I have observed several times now this sequence occasionally gets cut off, and I end up with some sessions still showing the "Run" dialog with the text "logof" typed (missing one 'f', and also Enter was not sent).

5 mths Log off does not always work

In the connection properties, it was set to Default. I found the default in the global properties and it was set to None. I changed it to Smart reconnect, but the bug as reported here still reproduces in exactly the same way.

5 mths RDP desktop dimensions incorrect if menu is open while session establishes

Hmm, what about making Enter accept the dialog only if focus isn't inside any memo edit fields? I'm not familiar with the DevExpress controls, but this is in fact the default behaviour of the native WPF controls, e.g. if you have a dialog with a Button with IsDefault = true, and a TextBox with AcceptsReturn = true, the TextBox takes priority over the Button if it has focus.

All dialogs I have seen so far in Remote Desktop Manager, e.g. for adjust configuration or setting up sessions, do not have the standard UI elements of accelerator keys or default buttons. For instance, I cannot simply press "Enter" to click "OK" on the dialog without actually selecting the "OK" button. It is conventional on Windows to use accelerator key "K" for the OK button and "N" for the Cancel button, and also to mark OK and Cancel as being "accept" and "cancel" for the dialog so that the Enter and Escape keys can be used. This would be a noticeable improvement to usability for me.

I just selected half a dozen connections and told RDM to connect to them all. As it was working its way down the list, I had an unrelated thought and opened the application menu by clicking "File" in the top-left. When I returned to the main view, I discovered that sessions that connected while the menu was visible, covering the main view, did not fill the view space. They opened as much smaller desktops which I have determined to have a desktop area of 752x493 pixels. I did not see any way to resolve this other than logging out and back into the server.

5 mths RDP desktop dimensions incorrect if menu is open while session establishes