Forum

Posts by daniel24 (daniel24)

daniel24
daniel24

Oh yes, sorry I overlooked your link smile

4 mths Is there still a platform available for translation?
daniel24
daniel24

I fixed it by setting the following Registry values as shown here: https://superuser.com/questions/1252575/unable-to-install-clickonce-application-due-to-security-settings-windows-10

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel]
"MyComputer"="Enabled"
"LocalIntranet"="Enabled"
"Internet"="Enabled"
"TrustedSites"="Enabled"

daniel24
daniel24

Windows 10 1903, so .NET 4.8 should be included. I have some components from .NET 4.5 that came with SQL Server Management Studio I think

daniel24
daniel24

Thanks!

When I try to install it I get a security error

Translation: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer. [...] Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed on your computer.

Do you have a quick fix for this?

daniel24
daniel24

Hi!

Is there still a translation tool I can use to submit new translations?
From time to time I stumble upon mistakes in the German translation that I could fix.

Thanks!
Daniel

(alphanimal here, I can't access my other account anymore)

daniel24
daniel24

Hi!

The DPS Console version is 2019.1.20.0 (Updated just before installing)
After I set my client's scaling to 100% and rebooted the server, it is now 100% on the server display too.

I connected to the server using Remote Desktop Manager, which was set to use Application DPI scaling (https://i.imgur.com/hjXzxfa.png) in compatibility options (because RDM also had scaling issues). The scaling options set for RDM apparently didn't apply to the RDP session, because the server desktop is still scaled up.

I did some more testing and found an option in RDM unter "Types / RDP / Advanced" called "Disable RDP scale factor (HDPI)" (https://i.imgur.com/CSKMzFr.png). After I enabled that, it worked regardless of the scaling value set on my client. But after disabling the option again, it still works now and I'm not able to reproduce the issue again. So it seems somehow enabling and then disabling that HDPI option in RDM fixed the issue.

Maybe you can reproduce it by setting your client scaling to something greater than 100%, leaving that RDM HDPI option at default and try to set scaling to "Application" in RDM compatibility settings. RDM should be at 100% but the remote desktop should be scaled up, and that's when DPS Console has the issue.

Also we are using an old version of RDM because we only have the DPS license now but that is not completely installed yet. Is there a way to update RDM with the DPS license without using DPS as a datasource? That would be useful for testing. As I understand it RDM is included with the DPS license, right?

Thank you!

regards, Daniel

4 mths Installing DPS, Cannot finish because OK button is disabled on "Backup Encryption Keys" dialog
daniel24
daniel24

Also in the "Add User" dialog there is no OK button even after changing the display scaling to 100%

4 mths Installing DPS, Cannot finish because OK button is disabled on "Backup Encryption Keys" dialog
daniel24
daniel24

OK I figured it out. Because of display scaling there's a field hidden somewhere. Pressing Tab and Spacebar a few times brought up a file save dialog. Consider this a bug report smile

Daniel

daniel24
daniel24

Here is where I'm stuck:

Also it mentions a file? No matter what I enter in the password field I can't click OK

Thanks!

Daniel