Forum

Posts by tom12 (tom12)

tom12
tom12

1) That might be an acceptable alternative. Another might be to allow RDM to use a local terminal for SSH in the way that the Windows version allowed you to use Putty. Would that allow for the entering of your credentials in the remote shell, as opposed to using dialog boxes from RDM?

2) I couldn't get this to work properly. Perhaps I am doing it incorrectly. Would you happen to have an KB article that shows an example of this sort of thing?

2 mths ssh sessions and username/password options
tom12
tom12

For #1, I basically want to leave the username and password empty and just enter my credentials at the remote shell. That isn't possible now?
I don's specify a user/pass for any of my RDP sessions and they work just fine. I also don't recall having this issue on the Windows version of RDM. Sometime I want to login using my account, and sometimes I want to login using the administrator/root account.

For #2 I would like to specify my username and the static portion of my password then have it wait at the remote prompt for me to send the code from my yubikey.

tom12
tom12

I have a couple of questions regarding session entries.

1) Is it possible to create an SSH session without a username and/or password provided? I'm looking to setup the RDM equivalent to: ssh hostname, not ssh user@hostname. If I leave username and password blank, it doesn't work. It's seems to be trying to pass $null values as user and password values.

2) Is it possible to create an SSH session that works with a Yubikey? I have a Yubikey that uses a passphrase + yubikey output. I would like to know how to have RDM specify the user and the passphrase, then wait for me to hit my Yubikey (which will append my generated code and a Carriage Return).

tom12
tom12

Under Preferences->Session Type->RDP I changed the setting for RDP Engine from Modern to Legacy. It appears to be working fine now.

3 mths RDP connections closing without known cause
tom12
tom12

I think it's related to FreeRDP. Is that something you've embedded into RDM?

Google search shows a lot of other users with same error message when using FreeRDP.

tom12
tom12

Apologies for the late response. Here is the tail end of a log from a recently dropped RDP session.

[15:26:41:738] [13048:03a74000] [DEBUG][com.freerdp.core.rdp] - recv Set Error Info Data PDU (0x2F), length: 22
[15:26:41:738] [13048:03a74000] [INFO][com.freerdp.core] - ERRINFO_DECRYPT_FAILED (0x00001192): (a) Decryption using Standard RDP Security mechanisms (section 5.3.6) failed.
(b) Session key creation using Standard RDP Security mechanisms (section 5.3.5) failed.
[15:26:42:391] [13048:037ee000] [DEBUG][com.freerdp.channels.rdpsnd.client] - Close

tom12
tom12

I recently started using a MacBook as a replacement for an older Windows laptop. I downloaded the Mac client for RDM and imported all my hosts from an online backup. For some reason my RDP sessions are closing automatically and I'm not sure why. The same servers that I've connected to for years without incident from Windows laptop are giving me issues now that I am connecting from a MacBook. Is there something unique to the Mac version of RDM that would be causing my active sessions to be constantly disconnected? It is happening often and sometimes I'll even be in the middle of typing something in a command prompt on the remote server so I'm positive it isn't some sort of idle timeout on the remote side. If I reconnect, everything is just as I left it. This is becoming very annoying. I don't have any issues when connecting to the same systems when using the Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac, but that isn't as nice as RDM.

4 mths RDP connections closing without known cause