It works perfectly now. Thanks again!

6 mths Jump host credentials not working on SSH Shell Session
felipe
felipe

All good. Thanks!

6 mths iTerm session fields not displayed properly
felipe
felipe

Thanks! I usually use iTerm to run commands that need to be executed from my local machine against remote hosts. For instance, if I want to run a mysql command to query a remote server and redirect the output to file on my local machine. Sure, I could create a script and make RDM execute it, but I don't want to be replicating this script to all users. That's why the command line should be in the RDM session. Also it's just handy to have a terminal window opened in RDM for my usual stuff.

felipe
felipe

Hi,

The iTerm session fields are not being displayed correctly for most of the tabs (image attached). If it is intentional as this session type is deprecated, what would be the best replacement for iTerm? If not, could you help me to fix this issue?

RDM version: Enterprise Edition for Mac 2019.1.5.0
Data source: MySQL 5.7.22

Thanks,

Felipe

felipe
felipe

Perfect, Xavier! Thank you again for your excellent support.

Best,

Felipe

felipe
felipe

Thanks for your prompt attention. I appreciate your help.

felipe
felipe

Hi Xavier,

I found the culprit. There's an URL entered in the session description (More -> Description tab -> URL). This URL contains the variable $NAME$ on it. When I remove the variable from the URL everything works as before. Would you mind check if you can replicate this please?

Thanks,

Felipe

felipe
felipe

Apparently, my SSH sessions that use the jump host are somehow corrupted. I created a SSH session from an existent one (duplicate) which also failed to connect. But when I created a new SSH session using the same parameters it worked. I wonder if there's anyway to fix this, otherwise I will have to re-create all the 60 sessions.

felipe
felipe

You're correct, "ip_address" and "username" are placeholders. Yes, I can connect to the jump host using the same repo. Also, I can connect successfully to the target host through the jump host if I enter the credentials directly in the SSH Gateway tab.

felipe
felipe

Hi David,

I'm using MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. The authentication method is user/password. I don't see the Experimental engine option in Preferences -> Session Type -> SSH Shell -> General Box (the only option in there is "Copy mode" ). I have set the verbose mode to 4 but there's no much output as I get disconnected before, when trying to connect to the Jump Host.

The output I get is:

Setting up connection
Using jump host: "ip_address"
Connecting as "username"
Disconnecting

Thanks.

felipe
felipe

Hi,

I use RDM Enterprise Edition for Mac 2019.1.4.0 with MySQL data source. Since I have upgraded to this latest version my setup using Jump Host on SSH Shell sessions stopped working. It only works if the Jump Host credentials is saved in the SSH Shell session (Jump Host tab) itself. I have separate credentials session which stores the username/password linked on the Jump Host tab of the SSH Shell session that was working before the upgrade. Now I get an error message ("Error: FAIL_PERMISSION_DENIED, Code -3"wink whenever I try to connect with these SSH sessions. Can I get some help on this please?

Thanks,

Felipe