Forum

Posts by Brian Pieper (Brian Pieper)

Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Wrong thread, we had similar issue with office 365 authentication but were able to resolve it by registering the application in azure using the app registrations (legacy). The support ticket i mentioned above is on a a separate issue with groups not syncing.

5 mths Problem logging into DPS using Office365
Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

I have opened a ticket with support regarding issues with office365 not syncing the users, groups correctly.

5 mths Problem logging into DPS using Office365
Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Erica,

The domain has 1,000's of user groups across the enterprise. Are you asking to validate all of them for Name properties?
Or another way of stating this would just one group entry with invalid/Missing name cause DPS to invalidate all entries?

Brian

5 mths Assign Users to roles based on Office 365 Group membership
Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

I have also tried clicking the reset server cache under the DPS web gui.

Administration--> Reset Server Cache
Checked the Office 365, and users boxes.

Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Erica,

I do see this message in the logs. I am running in a HA pair of Vm's the "DevolutionsScheduleService" is running on both servers/
It set to refresh the cache every 30 minutes. i did a test connection and it shows working, and the service shows running.

ArgumentNullException - Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at Devolutions.Server.Managers.ADSync.GroupMembershipManager.BuildGroupTreeRecursive(Dictionary`2 groupTree, List`1 groupsToIterate, GroupTreeItem parentTreeItem, IGroupMembershipExtractor extractor)
at Devolutions.Server.Managers.ADSync.GroupMembershipManager.BuildGroupMembership(List`1 allGroups, IGroupMembershipExtractor extractor)
at Devolutions.Server.Managers.ADSync.GroupMembershipManager.AssignGroupsToUsers(String domainName, Dictionary`2 finalUsers, List`1 allGroups, IGroupMembershipExtractor extractor)
at Devolutions.Server.Managers.ADSync.GroupMembershipManager.ExtractUsersAndGroupsForDomain(IGroupMembershipExtractor extractor)
at Devolutions.Server.Managers.ADSync.AzureCacheManager.SyncAzure()

Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Thank you Erica, I had tried here but i do not see any groups listed. We are only using Azure for authentication. Here is what i see. attached image. It is a blank screen. Is there something missing from the permissions for the app registration in Azure?
I do see my office 365 groups available when i search for them within Azure Active Directory. however that is not relaying through to DPS.

I followed the guide. along with the change that we had to do azure legacy app registration.
Also attached is the API permissions that show that read all groups is allowed in azure for the app registration.

Thank you.

Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Jean,

Thank you, we do have a Password Server set up as our datasource in an HA pair. Is there more specific instructions or guide.
The link provided is to the general product page.

Brian

Brian Pieper
Brian Pieper

Is there a way to create roles that are linked to Office 365 groups.
So we can keep RBAC(Role-based access controls) consistent across our other cloud applications.