thomas22

Thank you for your reply.
BR,
Thomas

4 mths Automatically link Chrome session to DPS
thomas22
thomas22

Whaaaaa? I did not wait this answer...
Is there any plan to implement this to the plugin ?

thomas22
thomas22

Hi,

we want to link the actual chrome session automatically to DPS when the user opens the browser. Our users will not have RDM installed, so the will only work with the chrome plugin.
If the users are logged in to windows, the should be automatically logged in to DPS in Chrome.

Could you please let me know, how to provide a working (fully automated) solution for our users ?

BR and thanks in advance,
Thomas

thomas22
thomas22

Thank you very much :-) Brilliant support - like always :-).

4 mths Can not create a 2019.1.35.0 install package
thomas22
thomas22

Hi,

after updating the Password Server and the RDM Client software to the latest versions I wanted to create a new installation package for my colleagues.
I can not find the actual version in the Installation Package Creation wizard. The latest version there is 2019.1.25.0. How can I create a new installer with the latest version ? There is also a link in the wizard that points to a website, but there is no addition / helpful information available.

Thank you :-)

4 mths Can not create a 2019.1.35.0 install package
thomas22
thomas22

If you escape the variables $ sign with "`" it works :-).

$connection.Terminal.EnableLogging= "true"
$connection.Terminal.LogMode = "AllPrintableOutput"
$connection.Terminal.LogPath = "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\RDM\Logs\`$NAME`$\`$DATE_TEXT_ISO`$.log"
$connection.Terminal.LogOverwriteMode = "Append"
$RDM.Save();

6 mths Batch Edit - SSH - Advanced - Enable Logging
thomas22
thomas22

Thank you for your super fast answer :-)

I've changed the LogPath to "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\RDM\Logs\$NAME$\$DATE_TEXT_ISO$.log", but the Log path in the Session object looks like this now "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\RDM\Logs\$\$.log"

Any suggestions ?

thomas22
thomas22

Hi,

we use RDM since 2 months now and it is unbelievable how powerful this software is.
We had a meeting today and one of my colleagues asked me if it is possible to have logging activated in SSH sessions by default. So I opened RDM and started playing with some test objects. Now I have everything setup (at least for my test connection) like we want to have it.
Unfortunately it is not possible to enable logging via bulk edit.

Can this be done via Batch Edit (Special - Powershell) ?
I found some samples here https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_batchactionssamples.htm for example

$connection.Putty.RecordingMode = 1;
$connection.Putty.RecordingFileName = "C:\path\to\your\file.log"
$RDM.Save();

How do I have to modify the PS to get an output like this ?

SSH+logging