Forum

Posts by us01 (us01)

us01
us01

Hello,
I am a very excited user of RDM since many years now and I am watching and testing every new release of Wayk Now to replace my Teamviewer. I am so convinced that this will be a great thing that I even bought a license although I can't use it in production right now.
I cannot use it because of the UAC-handling. The users at my client's networks usually don't have admin-privilages and I won't give them these credentials during remote sessions. So I need another way to get administrative access.
This is how I accomplished it with Teamviewer and how it should work easily with Wayk Now if you implement it:
First I ask the user to download and just start the client, give me ID and pwd and I connect. This doesn't need any elevated privileges.
Secondly, I have an option in my Teamviewer console to install the full version on the other side. This initiates a download on the client-side and detects that the client doesn't have the required privileges.
What it does now: It doesn't ask for the credentials on the remote client with an UAC-prompt not visible to me, instead it gives me on my side an option to provide credentials that it hands over to the client.
Then on the client the software installs as a Windows service with the credentials I provided when initiating the full install.
Afterwards I have full control and see any newly coming UAC-prompts on my screen.
So put it roughly: Have an option on my side that initiates the remote install and provide the required credentials typed in on my side handed over together with the install-command to the client.
Isn't this possible?
I would be very happy to use Wayk Now instead of Teamviewer and by more licenses for my collegues.
Thanks in advance!
Uwe

7 mths Suggestion for useful UAC- and remote setup handling
us01
us01

Hello,

I am a very excited user of RDM since many years now and I am watching and testing every new release of Wayk Now to replace my Teamviewer. I am so convinced that this will be a great thing that I even bought a license although I can't use it in production right now.

I cannot use it because of the UAC-handling. The users at my client's networks usually don't have admin-privilages and I won't give them these credentials during remote sessions. So I need another way to get administrative access.

This is how I accomplished it with Teamviewer and how it should work easily with Wayk Now if you implement it:
First I ask the user to download and just start the client, give me ID and pwd and I connect. This doesn't need any elevated privileges.
Secondly, I have an option in my Teamviewer console to install the full version on the other side. This initiates a download on the client-side and detects that the client doesn't have the required privileges.
What it does now: It doesn't ask for the credentials on the remote client with an UAC-prompt not visible to me, instead it gives me on my side an option to provide credentials that it hands over to the client.
Then on the client the software installs as a Windows service with the credentials I provided when initiating the full install.
Afterwards I have full control and see any newly coming UAC-prompts on my screen.

So put it roughly: Have an option on my side that initiates the remote install and provide the required credentials typed in on my side handed over together with the install-command to the client.

Isn't this possible?

I would be very happy to use Wayk Now instead of Teamviewer and by more licenses for my collegues.

Thanks in advance!
Uwe

7 mths Suggestion for useful UAC and remote setup handling