Forum

Posts by meelisn (meelisn)

meelisn
meelisn

Any update on the topic? Or any dates when the version 2019.2 would become available?

2 mths List of the Rest API endpoint
meelisn
meelisn

A Powershell module that supports Powershell Core would be an excellent solution. Especially, if that module would work on all supported platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac).

Meelis

4 mths Powershell / RestAPI
meelisn
meelisn

I need to specify vault to be used in script. I do that in script using next code:
$RdmVault = Get-RDMRepository -Name $Vault
Set-RDMCurrentRepository -Repository $RdmVault

Abovementioned code always gets error:

Set-RDMCurrentRepository : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At C:\Projects\scripts.telia\src\TeamPass\new-testfoldertree.ps1:110 char:5
+ Set-RDMCurrentRepository -Repository $RdmVault
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (smile [Set-RDMCurrentRepository], NullReferenceException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.SetRDMCurrentRepositoryCommand

Despite the error message, current vault is sucessfully changed.

Changing Set-RDMCurrentRepository commandline parameters from -Repository to -ID generates same error.

Adding -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue to commandline doesn't supress the message.

RDM version: 2019.1.30.0
Data source is Microsoft SQL Server

Meelis

4 mths Set-RDMCurrentRepository generates error
meelisn
meelisn

i would second on the Powershell topic.

4 mths Powershell / RestAPI
meelisn
meelisn

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay of my response. I will separate my response in 2 different sections to be easier to read.

CLI
Yes, it would be possible to use the CLI from remote computers.

API documentation
The URL that you are referring to is no longer available. This is why you are not able to find it.

The documentation that we have can be found here
https://github.com/Devolutions/dps-sdk-python/blob/master/README.md

In case that you also need the download link, it's below
https://github.com/Devolutions/dps-sdk-python

In conclusion, if you need more specific information's, please let us know.

CLI
Can we have more information about the CLI? Does the CLI allows creating/modifying sessions/credentials in Password Server? On which OS is the CLI supported?

API Documentation
Unfortunately we have no plans to use API from Python. And it takes more time to reverse-engineer the original API calls from Python SDK

Meelis

6 mths List of the Rest API endpoint
meelisn
meelisn

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

We are currently working on a CLI for DPS, as you can see on our road map
https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/02/devolutions-2019-road-map

The CLI documentation should be available approximately at the same time as the CLI will be available.

Does CLI support using it from remote computers? REST API is available through HTTP(S)

The API documentation was available in past, as part of DPS web application. The maganement GUI still has menu item to open that URL. Isn't it possible to restore that documentation?

Meelis

7 mths List of the Rest API endpoint
meelisn
meelisn

I would second on request for API documentation.

Meelis

7 mths List of the Rest API endpoint