Forum

Posts by itec-services (itec-services)

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Quick question: Which type of VPN are you using?

Best regards,

Hi Jean-Francois

In 99% of all customers we're using FortiClient VPN / SSL (Add-On Version 3.1.1.0) because most of them use a FortiGate Firewall.

Local Client is Version 4.0.2297.0

Anything more you need to know?

Kind regards

Benjamin Müller

6 mths Add actions when selecting multiple connections.

Awesome.
Thanks

6 mths Option to disable the Documentation on selective entries.

Hi

Is there any way to disable the tab "Documentation" on selective entries by opening the properties and adding an option to disable the showing globally.
With a lot of entries, it would be great to have such an option to remove some of the clutter. The only documentation tab we are really interested in is on the main customer folder where we have basic information such as phone numbers, addresses and the main network diagram.
Another option would be the ability to inherit the documentation onto other entries.
Maybe one of the options is already possible and I am just not figuring it out.

Kind regards

6 mths Option to disable the Documentation on selective entries.

Hi

Thanks for the update.
Any ideas/information on when RDM 2019.X (non BETA) will be released (roughly)?

Kind regards

Benjamin Müller

7 mths Add actions when selecting multiple connections.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
Didn't know about the VPN Group capability. I've now set it up for one of our customer entries and it works as intended.
One thing however is bugging me. We have some customers that have the same IP rage setup as we have so "Connect if unable to ping/scan" won't work. I tried to change this to "Always connect" which then again opens up the VPN multiple times, even though it is already connected. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using 14.1.3.0

Kind regards

Benjamin Müller

+1 on this feature.

7 mths Ability to open multipleedit session windows

Hi there

We're in the setup phase of RDM and there's one request that we'd like to have.

If I select 1 connection (RDP) I have the following actions to chose from:

• Open Session
  • Open (Without VPN)
  • Open VPN
  • Close VPN
  • New Entry
  • Properties

However; If I select multiple RDP Connections this list goes down to:

• Open Session
  • New Entry
  • Properties

If I then click on "Open Session" it checks for a VPN connection every time a new server connection is establishing.
Our workaround for now is to select the connections one by one and click"Open (Without VPN)" every time.

Is there any way of expanding this list to the following or similar:

• Open (Without VPN)
  • Open VPN (Once) *
  • New Entry
  • Remove the following:
  • ----"Open Session" as it would be handled by either "Open (Without VPN)" or "Open VPN (Once)
  • ----"Properties" as it can't be used either way if more than one connection is selected/marked.

"Open VPN (Once)" would check for the VPN connection setting and if they are the same only connect once instead of requesting the VPN connection every time. If one or more VPN connections are different from each other, present a popup with something similar to this:

Different VPN connections have been identified. Please chose which connection you want to establish.

• VPN_NAME1 <-Connect to this VPN and connection(s)
  • ----Connection1
  • ----Connection3
  • VPN_NAME2 <-Connect to this VPN and connection(s)
  • ----Connection2
  • ----Connection5
  • VPN_NAME3 <-Connect to this VPN and connection(s)
  • ----Connection4

I hope I somehow brought to text what I am imagining in my head.

Kind regards

Benjamin Müller

Dear All

We are in the middle of setting up RDM and I'm encountering a strange issue since a few days.
While editing and saving the documentation of a customer, the changes I made are not saved and are beeing reverted back when I switch to a different customer.
I hope the screenshots are a help to better understand the issue.

Anything else I edit or add (Credentials, Servers, Websites and more) is not affected by this.

Does anybody know where the issue could be originating and how I could fix this?

Kind regards

8 mths Editing and saving documentation does not keep edited changes after switching Customer