4 mths Offline mode
skor
skor

Nothing in the logs for this weekend.

4 mths Offline mode
skor
skor

I missed all items in some vaults.

1. Just tested. Now it worked?? (after a too long timeout) Maybe because I stopped the program, pull-out the cable, start the program?
Normally I don't close the program. I put the mac in sleep...
I don't trust it. I'm sure I browsed through all the vaults before the weekend and during the weekend, at home, it didn't worked. Even after restart. The items were not there.

2. Dropbox datasource crashed (exception failure) when I tried to switch to it without cable.

4 mths Offline mode
skor
skor

Hi,

Yes, 100% sure I did that.
The first time I tested I realized that I possibly did not opened all the vaults.
Therefore, for the weekend, I browsed through all the vaults on the mac.
At home however, the items where not there.
Even worse, when I took a certain vault the items of the previous vault were shown not the correct ones.

But also; It must detect automatically all the changes, even I never used them before.
How could I otherwise keep track of it all? this is impossible to follow and would take to much work.

4 mths Offline mode
skor
skor

Hi,

I use RDM 2019.1.7.0 with a SQL server datasource.
I mostly work in my windows environment.
If I want to use RDM at home I'm not connected to the company network so I don't have a SQL connection.
In windows all my items keep on working in offline mode.
On Mac however, only a few, from 1 vault, are there.
So on Mac not ALL the items, in ALL vaults are offline available.
When I'm offline I miss almost everything.
I even, when I was connected, browsed through all my vaults so make sure that the program sees all the entries.
But, at home, he misses vaults and/or items.

So, please make sure all my items(in all vaults) are available when I'm offline.

Korstiaan

4 mths Offline mode
skor
skor

Thanks!

4 mths Using variables in website url
skor
skor

Hi,

1. Does not make a difference. Does not help.
2. Same issue here. Does not help. (is also undocked mode)

I created a Deprecated Putty and this one is ok.

I added a movie to see it.

First test is open the session via the Action menu -> OK
Second one is double click on a Putty session -> OK
Third one is the problem one, opened with a double click. -> NOK

4 mths some little UI effects
skor
skor

Hi,

If you add an item as a favorite it is difficult to see in the favorites screen from where it is...
Adding a host column does not help because it does not takes the value behind the variable.
The detail screen on the right hand DOES it.
Why do not show this as well in the column?

See screenshot

4 mths Interpretation of columns in Favorites screen
skor
skor

This the item.
This does not happen with other types.
How can I test with another SSH (putty)?

skor
skor

Hi,

It's putty I think.
Is it the one that is defined in Options -> Type -> Putty ?
There is is Putty.
And it is called undocked and External is not there???
Maybe that's the problem?
All the other items are on external and there I don't have this issue.

The +-sign worked once in the beginning and now never again.
It appears at the end, if I release my mouse...

skor
skor

Hi,

It is called "Allow password in variable" that I see as administrator and not "allow reveal password" ?

4 mths Private vault - allow password in variable as non-administrator
skor
skor

Hi,

In my private vault I have a credential and there, AS AN ADMINISTRATOR, I see under the Advanced Menu -> Miscellaneous topic a checkbox: Allow password in variable.
I need to set true or otherwise the item would not work for me either.
A non-administrator does NOT have this option available if he makes a credential.

The item itself point to Private Vault Search : ilo physical.
And has arguments:
-addr $COMPUTER_NAME$-ilo -name $USERNAME$ -password $PASSWORD$

This works for me as administrator but not for a normal user. $USERNAME$ works, $PASSWORD$ does not.
Seems normal because the non-administrator does not have the advanced checkbox as described above.

If you don't understand, can't you watch my screen via teamviewer or something like that?

skor
skor

Hi,

As a note, the option is only available if you have the "view password" permission on the entry

The view password is Inherited (Everyone) on that item but does not help.

So this will be solved in the next release?

skor
skor

Hi,

Thanks, no problem!

As I told already in another forum topic:

I now that Devolutions works very FAST on resolving issues like this!!!!

4 mths RDM on MacOS, what ...
skor
skor

Hi,

Ok.
Thanks!

Workaround is not working for me.
I want Equivalent URL's and that's not possible there.

As a new license owner I'm creating all the entries now and I don't want to change them afterwards.

I'll just wait on the fix.

I now that Devolutions works very FAST on resolving issues like this!!!!

skor
skor

Version : 2019.1.39.0 Enterprise Version.
Advanced Data source: SQL Server

Hi,

I can't find the setting to enable to use the password variable from a private vault item.
As an administrator I have this option but a non -administrative use does not have this item.
He does not have this option visible so he cannot set this checkbox.

I created items, as an administrator, with $PASSWORD$ variables coming from private vaults.

A non-administrator can't use them.

Where to enable this?

Korstiaan

skor
skor

Hi,

I notice 2 small, but rather enoying, behaviors on RDM (2019.1.39.0 64 bit Enterprise):

If I open an SSH item via right click or via the actions button it opens well AND in front of the RDM program.
But if I double click on the item it always open behind the RDM program?
I only have this on SSH items. But sometimes it works fine and then suddenly this behavior happens and stays like this.

If I drag an item and then press the Ctrl button to make a copy of this item I don't see the + icon appearing.
It only appears for a fraction of a second after I release my mouse button.
Therefore it makes it difficult to see the difference between move or copy while dragging.

I just don't know if the second item has to do with the fact that I'm using RDM windows via a Parallels VM....
The first item happens also with my colleague on a normal PC.

skor
skor

RDM version: 2019.1.39.0 64 bit Enterprise version

Hi,

If I use $COMPUTER_NAME$ in my website URL it shows the correct name in the overview tab BUT if I open the site it does not take the value.
So if I have a computer name ATS078, and I fill in the URL: https://$COMPUTER_NAME$-ilo the overview tab shows https://ATS078-ilo but if I open the url it does not take this value but the site opens as https://%24computer_name%24-ilo.

What did i forgot to set?

Korstiaan

skor
skor

Hi,

Great, thanks!

I will test it as soon as it becomes available.

Do you think the vault selector will be available in the windows version in the near future? (ask your colleagues...)
I already have 10 vaults (printers, servers, telephony, switches & routers, ..., so I need to change quite a lot.)

Korstiaan

skor
skor

Hi,

You need to use website and not web browser session entries because only these have Equivalent URL's!

For the second point:

That's possible in MacOS. Others do it as well. (1password, ...)
Hiding the app icon is not a major problem as long as it does not open every time I open an item from the menu bar icon.

The extra annoying thing is that (point 3) you first have to right click and then directly a window opens with that item. I don't want that screen. It bothers me a lot because I have to click it away every time then.

And indeed the menu item icon should show the entries, AND you should be possible to change vault (also a problem in windows), and last but not least choosing an item opens the site directly without opening anything else.

BUT ALSO FOR BOTH MAC AND WINDOWS (VERY URGENT):

YOU're people/video's encourage to use different vaults.
I did that, it's fine, BUT this gives a lot of problems like described above, the taskbar icon in windows and menu icon in mac has forgotten this, which is bad.
BUT ALSO, the Chrome EXTENSION is not foreseen to work with different vaults.
RESULT: If I open a site it does find/fills in the credentials if you RDM program has not to correct vault selected.
THIS IS REALLY A MAJOR problem.
You now have to open RDM application, search or select the correct vault where the wanted site is in, and go back to chrome, open a new tab/window again, ...
This is too difficult.
Also creating a new item, starting from chrome: you have to watch out where he creates the item. It creates it in the last selected vault of the RDM application... Not good. Ask where or think of a general place to store this.

I hope you these problems solved ;-)

skor
skor

Hi,

I recently installed the RDM Enterprise 2019.1.6.0 on my MBP.
I do not find/understand the BAD working under mac os...

• I want to open the website when I double click an item, not the item itself. Like in my windows RDM. Where to change?
  • Hide the application, so that just the menu bar icon is visible. (Like in RDM Windows). Now you will have to keep the app open, it stays in the open applications at the bottom...
  • When I click an item in the menu from the taskbar it opens the item, in the app, instead of the link of that item? What is the use then of that menu bar icon? Now you to right click an item, it already opens the item of the app (=BAD, RDM application window pops out), and then choose Naviage URL...
    This is terrible behavior!
    How to solve this?

In MacOs AND windows, the taskbar item cannot select a vault. It only shows the items of the selected vault from the full app?
Devolutions video's encourage to use vaults but also make it possible then to choose the vault from the taskbar menu.

A lot of work to do Devolutions ...

skor
skor

Hi,

Waaw, that's superfast!

I will test it as soon as I see it appear.

In the meantime, may I ask you something;

If I click on the Web login item it always open in the internal browser. (Even if external is defined).
To open the link via an external browser, you how first have to Edit, click on Login (web) and then click on the link "Go to website".
Then it opens external (and I can then use the plugin).

Am I missing something or is there a faster way to open in external browser?

The problem is that some websites don't work 100% in the internal browser. (script errors)

Korstiaan

9 mths RDM on Apple macOS and iOS
skor
skor

For any kind of technical related query regarding Apple or its operating system, then contact Apple technical service for the best solution. Hope this will help you.

What has that got to do with it?

skor
skor

Hi,

I just tested on iphone. (web login)
Yes it fills in all 3 fields in 1 click so that's fine.
However if I press login I get an invalid credentials error.

My credentials are fine.
I can "fix" this problem like this (not really a fix...):

Let RDM fill in the fields.
On each field delete the last character en re-type this character manual.
Press on login -> works fine now.

I saw this behavior on other vendors as well (on windows. RDM on windows is fine). At first sight it looks like all the fields are filled-in but they are not correctly injected.
By manual editing the fields (like I do by deleting and adding the last character) only then it gets "seen" by the login form.

Behavior is on both browsers (internal and external) and also web browser.
There, the only difference is that with web browser you don't have to click on the "key" icon to get the fields filled-in. It fills the fields automatically when opening. Both ways are fine.

Korstiaan

skor
skor

Hi,

I use the correct cases. I copied them from the chrome inspector.
They are also the same as I use in RDM on windows and there it works fine.

skor
skor

Hi,

I checked again and the build-in browser only fills 2 of 3 fields, you may press as much as you want. It's the username that is not filled.
Same in Website information.
In Safari; first time password. Second time Domain. Third and more -> nothing. Also here only 2 of 3.

skor
skor

Hi,

I see that there is a new release 5.3.1.
I also see that now a web login entry is available from safari/chrome extensions.
Therefore I also see my website now.

In our testsite however (send via private message), in safari it only fills in the password (=standard name) and in Chrome it does not fill in anything?
The custom fields (username->loginUsername and domain->customerId) are not filled in in both.
The buildin browser fills the username->loginUsername and the password->password. domain->customerId also does not get filled yet.

Does it means that this is not the version I'm waiting for?

skor
skor

Hi,

After you tested the url (via a private message) the conclusions were:

The current workaround is to use a session "Web Browser (Http/Https)" and when using the in-app browser for some reasons you will need to press on the "key button" twice to fill the account number on this website. We are investigating why it's happening.
For the issue with the domain id in a Data Entry (Web Login/Website) session a ticket has been opened about it.
We will keep you updated.
Using a Web browser is not an option (we must use Web login for the equivqlent URL's) + it does not work.
Domain Id does not gets filled in + is not saved in the form.
External browser does not show any results.

I'm really waiting to get this solved so I can buy the Enterprise for us and switch over from 1Password, Lastpass, Keepass, ...
Do you have any idea when these problems will be solved? (Timeframe)

Korstiaan

skor
skor

Hi,

I tested it and it works if I use the windows mouse (with the use of the pencil). If you don't use this mouse but work directly with the apple pencil this does not work.
Correct?

Korstiaan

9 mths How to drag a window inside a RDP session