Forum

Posts by devolutions13 (devolutions13)

Mapping of control, alt/option and cmd on external/Apple/folio keyboards to Windows control/alt/Windows keys (or maybe even an arbitrary, user defined mapping scheme) would make working from an iOS device a lot more smooth.

10 mths iOS: Key mappings

Utilizing a connected screen as the interface for current remote desktop session at that display's native resolution, rather than screen mirroring having the iPad screen show other information (or while using the iPad in split screen with other apps) would enrich the experience many fold - especially paired with an iOS compatible mouse.

Mocha RDP and Jump Desktop are two RDP apps which support screen extension in that manner (though Jump, due to a bug, currently doesn't support resolutions above 1080p).

10 mths iOS: Screen extension support

Support for iOS compatible mice like SwiftPoint GT/ProPoint, Citrix X1 and MS Arc in remote desktop session would be highly appreciated.
Jump Desktop is one RDP app which supports both SwiftPoint GT and Citrix X1 as pointing device.

10 mths iOS: Mouse support

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

I only mean that there is no Unsupported Frameworks option that allows choosing a specific Mono version in Android and iOS that I am aware off. Which means that we have to wait for Microsoft to integrated Mono 5.20 into Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS before this can be brought back to RDM Android and RDM iOS.

Best regards,

Gotcha, good reply - I'll hope for the best then, and advocate for external display and mouse support in RDM for IOS in the meantime smile

Thanks

10 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi,

As you can see here: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9028#issuecomment-460268133

The issue hasn't actually been solved in Mono 5.18. And we do not know yet when Mono 5.20 will be released. That being said, the release of a new Mono version in no way guarantees it being integrated into Xamarin soon after.

I'll try to build a separated version with Unsupported Frameworks + Mono 5.20 when available, but I cannot guarantee the success of the endeavor (and it cannot be done for iOS and Android).

Best regards,

I see, thanks!

When you say cannot be done for iOS/Android, does that mean the feature will never be supported or just that we'll have to wait for framework support?

Mathieu Morrissette wrote:

Hi,

Mono 5.18 is not yet released. Here's the release page : https://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/

Best regards

Mono 5.18.0 was released 21 December, and I'm still getting the "Specified method is not supported" error.
Does anyone have this working?