Forum

Posts by lm05 (lm05)

lm05
lm05

Hello,

Thanks. Indeed the sub-connections will not be expanded, great !

We also have folder-structures with underlying subfolders, locations.

With this option unchecked in RDM, after filtering on customer, it expands the first subfolder but don't expand all the other subfolders.
This isn't exactly what I'm looking for, because the complete overview with all hosts over all the locations isn't displayed anymore.

It would be nice if all folders are expanded, but the sub-connections of the hosts won't automatically expand.

Best regards.

2 mths Option to not expand sub-connections in the treeview when filtering
lm05
lm05

Hello,

This option isn't exactly what we're looking for, because this completely hides all the sub-connections.
We use the sub-connections from the tree view (create, edit, open sub-sessions and credentials).

When searching on customer name, prevent expanding all of the sub-connections (of host entries) would be great.
Then a list of devices is shown, a user can choose to expand an entry and use the sub-connections of this entry.

I think this will shorten the view of records, with large amount of entries in the filter result.

Best regards,
Leonard

lm05
lm05

Hello, thanks for adding the extra columns !

2 mths Extra columns for the tab entries on dashboard and in advanced search
lm05
lm05

Hello,

It would be nice when filtering, searching (on customer name / group) that the sub-connections won't automatically expand in tree view.
For example: the switches 5-8 are displayed, with the sub-connections collapsed. This simplifies the view when there are a lot of items.

A configuration option in RDM would be great, so users can configure this when they prefer to 'hide' the sub-connections.

Best regards,
Leonard

lm05
lm05

Hello,

It would be nice if there will be some extra columns available.
in the column chooser for the tab Entries on the dashboard and in the column chooser in the Advanced Search.

Would it be possible to add the columns: Tags, Type (of the entry), Domain, Documentation Count and Status message ?

Regards, Leonard

2 mths Extra columns for the tab entries on dashboard and in advanced search
lm05
lm05

Hello,

Thanks, the points 1 and 3 will already be very useful to view or search for the Alternate Hosts.

Best regards,
Leonard

3 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
lm05
lm05

Hello,

After further checking, this it's mostly with AddOn sessions. I've found a workaround: use a host session with the host/ip and credentials and add the AddOn session as a sub-connection, with credentials and host/ip configured to the parent host entry.

As for vSphere, indeed I refer to the session type VMware (Player, Workstation, vSphere).
Besides, we’ve noticed with Microsoft VPN sessions which are created on RDM Windows the credentials can’t be retrieved in RDM Mac.

Best regards.

3 mths Unable to copy or view credentials for some session types
lm05
lm05

Thank you !

Are there plans on adding this several changes also in RDM for Mac ?

3 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
lm05
lm05

Hello David,

I've found the Alternate Host field on the Overview of sessions. Thanks for adding this in RDM!

Gabriel described it should also be possibe to add the Alternate Host field as a column.
I've tried this on Dashboard, tab Entries, but I can't find the Alternate Host field in the column chooser.

Best regards,
Leonard

4 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
lm05
lm05

Hello,

Thanks for adding the changes in RDM !

I updated my RDM to 2019.1.41, but I can't find the Alternate Host as a column field yet.
On a folder (customer), on the tab Entries, I can't find the field in the column chooser.

Best regards,
Leonard

4 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
lm05
lm05

Hello,

On a couple of sessions we've configured an alternative host.

It would be helpful if the alternate host address information can be visible on the overview tab of the session.
This makes it a lot easier to find out if an alternative host is available and which IP/URL is configured.

In addition, it would also be nice if alternative host can be added as a column and if it is availble in search.

Best regards,
Leonard

6 mths Show alternate host on the overview tab
lm05
lm05

Hello,

We noticed we can't copy or view the host/ip, username and password from some items in RDM for Mac and iOS.
Found it's with specific session types: Winbox (Mikrotik), VMware vSphere sessions and some VPN connections.

It would be nice if it's possible to retrieve this host/ip and credentials so we can manually connect to systems.

Best regards,
Leonard

6 mths Unable to copy or view credentials for some session types
lm05
lm05

Hello,

Thanks for adding the new fields in the new RDM release !

Are there any plans to include the fields also on RDM for Mac and the mobile versions ?

Best regards,
Leonard

6 mths Add Make & Model to Hardware Information
lm05
lm05

Hello,

We document the operating systems of servers in the information tab of the sessions.

At the moment we can't choose VMware ESXi and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.

Can you can add these to the operating systems dropdown list ?
I know it is possible to type our own but this leads to various texts of the same OS.

Best regards,
Leonard

7 mths Add operating systems to the dropdown list
lm05
lm05

Hello,

Yes we use embedded Chome, I've enabled the checkbox "enable keyboard shortcuts".

It's now possible to search on the webpage. Thanks !

Kind Regards,
Leonard

7 mths Find function for embedded Web Browser sessions
lm05
lm05

Hello,

In most webbrowsers it's possible to search for text on the current website (CTRL + F).

It would be nice if there is a find function available in RDM for embedded Web Browser sessions.
So it becomes possible to search text and go directly to the correct position on the webpage.

Kind Regards,
Leonard

8 mths Find function for embedded Web Browser sessions
lm05
lm05

Hello,

We want to document the versions of devices and servers. It would be helpful to have a field to store the version.
Maybe you can implement a version field in RDM (in the information menu, on the general tab) ?

Would be nice if we can (advanced) search based on this version field and can add this field as a column.
For example, to search, filter for servers or devices with an older or specific software/firmware version.

Best Regards,
Leonard

8 mths Add Make & Model to Hardware Information