Forum

Posts by daniel14 (daniel14)

daniel14
daniel14

Looking forward.

Thanks for the transparency and amazing customer care.

6 mths Support Azure Web App as host for Password-Server web site.
daniel14
daniel14

Now if I was a development manager at Devolutions I would do it slightly differently wink

I recently trialed 3cx phone system. Their website automatically installs and configures their phone system on a cloud of your choice.

It would be amazing if you would have a portal that would automatically create and managed an optimized password-server instance on a customer's Azure subscription with no software installation required.

It would make an "on-premise" instance of password service much more secure and robust and naturally easier to support. The only messy part would be on-premise AD integration but there are workarounds around that.

daniel14
daniel14

Hi,

Password Server will become a very critical part of our infrastructure and is incredibly important during an outage. So hosting it on-premise has it's risks as it could become part of the outage you are trying to fix.

So I would like to host it using Azure SQL and Azure Web App.

It seems like you are planning to support Azure SQL but I cannot see anything about Azure Web App.

It would be amazing if the console would have an option to just publish to Azure Web App in the future.

Thanks

Daniel

daniel14
daniel14

6 users.

8 mths Want to understand the goal of password-hub
daniel14
daniel14

Not yet but about to start trial.

Wanted to get away from on-premise as RDM is so critical to our operations and we really depend on it, so need 110% uptime. Cloud seemed ideal.

daniel14
daniel14

Thanks for your response.

We are heavy users of RDM so I guess we will have to stick with Password Server for now as we need a team database for RDM?

daniel14
daniel14

Sorry my bad smile

Just created the instance and needed the invitation code

8 mths I was able to login and access password-hub b eta without using invitation code
daniel14
daniel14

Hi,

You have 2 products that all store passwords so it's a little bit confusing which to choose?

1) Password Server
2) Password Hub

I am guessing the a) Hub is primarily a cloud version of Password Server b) Due to the nature of cloud - it will be less flexible and feature-rich to the on-premise product especially initially?

How accurate are my guesses?

Thanks

Daniel

daniel14
daniel14

Just checking that this is by design?

8 mths I was able to login and access password-hub b eta without using invitation code