Forum

Posts by n02 (n02)

n02
n02

Sadly, there is no option to export the logs from the app, but we made a video of the error log.

If you provide me with a upload link i could send it to you,

in the meantime, the exceptions say something about an error in the Mono.AppleTls.Context.EvaluateTrust() Function, throwing this exception:

Mono.Security.Interface.TlsException: CertificateUnknown.

2 mths Devolutions laucher usage
n02
n02

Hello,

yes, here is the screenshot of the error message:

2 mths Devolutions laucher usage
n02
n02

Hello,

we are currently testing the devolutions launcher as a mobile client for the dps, but it runs into an error after entering the URL. The error says something about the trust not working. Are there any ports that need to be open? Do other things need to be considered?

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

3 mths Devolutions laucher usage
n02
n02

Hello,

Resetting the server cache fixed the problem. Is this behaviour so common, that the reset needs to be made regularly?

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

3 mths Webinterface searchfunction not working
n02
n02

I have encountered an issue when trying to search for existing entries. After entering the search phrase multiple error mails were generated and no entries were found.

The following are some of the error messages, that were produced. All three were from one search action:

Error:
InvalidOperationException - Die Deserialisierung der Verbindung ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Daten sind leer oder die Verschlüsselung ist beschädigt. Details: ConnectionName: , ConnectionID: e2f320e4-1c84-4b3d-a20f-4b72f82f97a0, SecurityProvider: Default at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionManager.DeserializeConnection(ConnectionInfoEntity connectionInfo) --- Die Deserialisierung der Verbindung ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Daten sind leer oder die Verschlüsselung ist beschädigt. Details: ConnectionName: , ConnectionID: e2f320e4-1c84-4b3d-a20f-4b72f82f97a0, SecurityProvider: Default Source:
Devolutions.Server.Common

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error:
InvalidOperationException - Die Deserialisierung der Verbindung ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Daten sind leer oder die Verschlüsselung ist beschädigt. Details: ConnectionName: , ConnectionID: c2950473-4f35-450d-b534-ce47a47ffbcb, SecurityProvider: Default at Devolutions.Server.ConnectionManager.DeserializeConnection(ConnectionInfoEntity connectionInfo) --- Die Deserialisierung der Verbindung ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Daten sind leer oder die Verschlüsselung ist beschädigt. Details: ConnectionName: , ConnectionID: c2950473-4f35-450d-b534-ce47a47ffbcb, SecurityProvider: Default
Source:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error:
NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.Server.ServerCacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass43_3.b__9(Connection c) at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.b__0(TSource x) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.V2.BackendApiController.GetPartialMultiVaultSearch(SearchMultiVaultInfo multivaultInfo) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:

3 mths Webinterface searchfunction not working
n02
n02

Hello,

I think, it would be better not to support quotes for encapsulating the values, due to the nature of random passwords, that could have quotes in it. On the other hand, it would be easier to recognize a pattern, if there were double quotes around values, separated by a comma. The export of the PasswordSafe 7 can be configured for different types of characters, you just need to pick the right ones.

Could you make it work to recognize the pattern and not read lines character by character?

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

3 mths Import Data from Password Safe 7
n02
n02

Hello,

Yes, there are multiple ways to export. You can choose the type of characters that are used for the csv, but the standard export is without the quotes. Those changes were due to opening it in Excel. This changed those values up. Afterwards I've only edited with a texteditor.

Best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

Thank you very much, shortly before your reply I've found this out myself.

Best wishes,
Niklas Heine

2 mths Viewing Passwords
n02
n02

Hello dear support Team,

while testing the devolutions password server, I've encountered an issue. That being, that only users of the usertype administrator can view and copy to clipboard passwords. Is it normal that a normal user can't see the password?

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

2 mths Viewing Passwords
n02
n02

Hello,

for us, there is actually no prefered way to import the email address, but I think the description would be the better way in general.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

yes it would be possible, I uploaded a version with the custom fields.
Also I just realized, the doublequotes in the middle of the password doesnt work yet.

I believe there are multiple fields for custom fields, but I can't be certain, because the passwordsafe 7 is impossible to navigate trough and look for the custom fields. They are usually located after the 6 first columns. If there are custom fields they are the fields that go beyond the csv pattern.

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

After another round of testing, I found out that the custom fields are not imported as well, would it be possible to import them into the description field?

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

I've tested the improved import feature and it works great. Thank you for fixing it.

Best wishes,

Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

It would be for information storage only and won't be used, unless there is no username. But most of the time the username field is not empty.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

would it be possible to create a login (account) type Entry through the SDK?

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

3 mths Documentation of the SDK
n02
n02

Hello,

I haven't yet tested the beta, but would it be possible to import the E-Mail into the domain field of a login (account) entry?

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

That is great to hear. I hope to hear from you soon.

best wishes,
Niklas

n02
n02

Hello,

That would be a great solution too, but we have project running that is build in python and in that project we try to automate more of our production procedures. For that it would be necessary to create entries on the Password Server.
That Powershell module you mentioned would still be really useful for the migration part. Could you provide sources for that?

best wishes,
Niklas

n02
n02

Hello,

I need to finish my bachelor thesis very soon and evaluating the Devolutions Password Server is a crucial part it. The SDK needs to work properly for us, therefore I need to set a deadline. That deadline is Thursday the 12th of september. If this problem is not fixed until then, I will need to document it as a major bug in terms of the automation. That means, that the Product has a pretty low chance of being chosen as a follow-up product to our current system.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello again,

Since I need to finish my bachelor thesis soon and the evaluation of the Devolutions Password Server is a part it, I need to set a deadline. That deadline is Thursday the 12th of september. If this problem is not fixed until then, I will need to document it as a major bug in terms of migration. That means, that the Product has a pretty low chance of being chosen as a follow-up product to our current system.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

hello again,

I now have tested the provided code and it works all fine, except for the mentioned error about not being able to fill the password. I hope this is going to be fixed soon, else the SDK is pretty lacking.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

thank you very much, I will test this code later today.

Also, is there a way to create a folder through the SDK as well? That would be crucial to us, since we already have a system with many folders and up to 6 hierarchy levels.

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

Yes, I've uploaded the file that i have used

Best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

I've compiled a test CSV file for you in the style that Password Safe 7 puts out and that has some fields in it that cause problems while importing.

Doubleqoutes seem to cause problems too when importing.
The first entry should work fine
The second entry has a doublequote at the end of a password, thus making the rest of the dokument part of the password as well.

I hope this helps to reproduce the problems.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello,

has there been an update on this issue yet?

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Edit:
Email adresses and URLs do not work either.

with the import login csv wizard the sheme for the csv needed to be altered to:
Ordner (Kategorie),Name,UserName,Password,URL,Email,Custom Fields

Also, the sheme above should be with semicolons between fields

n02
n02

Hello,

It would also be really useful to us if we could import the folders as well. Is that possible in any way?

We have a really big hierarchy with many subfolders and it would mean much work to do it all manually.

Also, I've found an option to import directly from PasswordSafe CSV (screenshot), but it does't seem to work properly, it didn't import all the fields.

The form of the csv we get from password safe is as follows:

"Ordner (Kategorie)""Name""UserName""Password""URL""Email""Custom Fields"

I hope you can help me soon.

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

n02
n02

Hello dear support team,

We are currently evaluating and testing the options to migrate data from our password safe 7 to a devolutions password server.

Password Safe 7 can only export in a unencrypted CSV or it's own PSX/PBB format. For our needs the CSV variant would be prefered. Is there any way to import the data from a CSV?

Best wishes,

Niklas Heine

4 mths Import Data from Password Safe 7
n02
n02

Helle dear support team,

is there a in-depth documentation of the SDK?

I've already downloaded it and started to get code working to log in and off, but there seems to be no documentation on how to create a password document. The DVLS_functions.txt file that is included in the source files isn't even up to date and I can't make sense out of simply the code that is provided.

Can you give me a simple working example on how to create an entry as a username / password document? It would be great to see how I would go about creating an entry that has a password included.

I hope you can help me out with this.

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

4 mths Documentation of the SDK
n02
n02

Hello again,

Your product made it into the next round of evaluation. For that reason, I need some Information about

• Availability
  • Security

How can we achieve high-availability? Can we make redundant systems? Does it work in a master-slave configuration? How do we backup our data? What happens when we need to recover it?

What type of encryption do you use? How can the communication between client and server be safe?

Best Wishes,
Niklas Heine

10 mths Questions regarding PasswordSafe Features