Posts by john13 (john13)

john13
john13

Thanks, I'll take a look.

7 mths New RDM Documentation
john13
john13

Thank you for that information.

That is the correct feature, but there were 28 pages in the 14.x user guide that were removed in the new guide. On page 500, it references a configuration walkthrough presentation. Where can I find this document? There is a screen shot of the cover page, but no link.

"Please consult this presentation for the proper sequence of steps to achieve a high success rate for auto-filling of credentials"

john13
john13

I noticed that the user documentation for the new version is 600 pages shorter than the one for 14.x. Many of the sections have been removed. Does this mean those functions are no longer officially supported?

Specifically, I wanted to setup automatic password filling for web browsers. Are the instructions in the old guide still valid? There is a reference to a Knowledge Base Configuration walkthrough for Web Browser Auto-Login. Is this available for download somewhere?

john13
john13

Thanks. I just received my installer package.

9 mths Custom Installer Manager not working
john13
john13

I tried requesting a new one about an hour ago and it is still not generated.

john13
john13

I am connecting via Secret Server API credentials. There is no issue connecting to the server with the credentials.

The automatic log file is created if I launch RDM directly from the jumphost, but does not when I connect via RDM agent through the jumphost from my machine.

I tried your test by enabling Legacy Terminal on my computer and testing and then enabling on the jumphost as well and testing, but the results are the same and no log file is created.

I'm currently doing it via the RDP jumphost option. Should I set it up using the SSH Gateway (Jump Host) instead? I'm not sure what the difference is.

9 mths Logging sessions via jumphost
john13
john13

The last 2 custom installer's I tried to create are not completing. Is the service down?

john13
john13

I've upgraded both versions to 2019.1.25.0 for Windows and it's still not logging. Is this supposed to work?

john13
john13

I have automatic logging setup for my ssh sessions, but it doesn't work when connecting via jumphost. I've confirmed the configuration is correct because it works when I make a direct RDM connection from the jumphost.

Is this something that is not supported or is there a trick to get it working?

john13
john13

This worked to fix my issue, but I see there is no option to create an installer for 2019.1.25 yet. Do you know when that will be available?

9 mths SSH over SOCKS proxy no longer works
john13
john13

Thanks again for the super fast response and perfect response as usual.

10 mths Custom Installer Package not available in 2019.1.20.0?
john13
john13

There is no option available for the new version when creating a new installation package. There is a link that says "Why is the Latest Version Not Available", but it just takes me to the old Custom Installer Service online documentation.

Is this functionality not available on the new version?

Do I need to have users install with the old package and then manually upgrade their clients?

10 mths Custom Installer Package not available in 2019.1.20.0?
john13
john13

After the database upgrade, will all clients be forced to upgrade or will they be backward compatible?

10 mths RDM Upgrade Documentation
john13
john13

Is there a document available with upgrade installations? In particular, I am looking for instructions on properly backing up our database.

10 mths RDM Upgrade Documentation
john13
john13

Please get the jumphost for MAC client working. I spent a good deal of time trying to set this up and was finally told by support that it's not supported on the MAC even though all of the configuration options exist.

11 mths Jumphosts for MAC client