Forum

Posts by steve32186465168431378313681365139861351386415 (steve32186465168431378313681365139861351386415)

Hang on - I've only seen that product mentioned in the iOS thread, and the followup questions I and one of your other customers had - namely, is this product an extra cost - went unanswered.

Also, I feel that my very legitimate questions around trusting that similar issues in the future will be taken seriously have gone unanswered as well. But sure, blow me and your other customers off.

8 mths RDM Mac 5.4.0.0 with Integrated AD Security not working with Database version 523.

One of our Windows users recently upgraded our DB from 463 to 523.

Now, when I login with RDM 5.4.0.0 on the Mac, I am prompted for my AD creds as normal, but when the app finishes loading, the system says that it's "Not Connected".

Please tell me that you didn't fail to test the new database format with the version of the app we've been stuck on for over a year because you won't put any effort into working around the Xamarin/Mono issue.

8 mths RDM Mac 5.4.0.0 with Integrated AD Security not working with Database version 523.

Nicolas Dufour wrote:

Hi,

The latest version of Xamarin.IOS is version 12.10. This version integrates Mono 5.18. We cannot fix the problem until Microsoft builds a new version of
Xamarin.IOS with Mono 5.20.

Best Regards,

It's been a freaking year - let's pretend that they're *never* going to fix it (given that you guys have been saying "soon" for that entire year). At what point do you take responsibility for making your own product work? Hit the war room and start coming up with other options (such as lifting the functionality from your other products or redesign the client, or something! I know when we're up for renewal I'll be strongly recommending we switch vendors specifically because of this issue and your uncaring and lackadaisical attitude.

10 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

12 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

andrew11 wrote:

We also are required to use Integrated Authentication. This bug prevents our staff from responding to emergency infrastructure outages from a remote location. Hoping this get resolved soon. Thank you.

Considering it's been almost a year and they've put zero effort into fixing it, I wouldn't count on it.

12 mths iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

Acknowledging first that I'm not a dev, but is there not a way to call another library for authentication? Your Devolutions server product allegedly offers AD logon; why not have a little daemon running that code playing middleman between the Mac version of RDM and the SQL data source? Or, give us small app to run on the SQL server to handle those requests, something like that. I'm sure a bunch of smart guys like you could come up with a solution in under a year, especially when it seems like you have all of the building blocks in place.

2 yrs iOS - Cannot Connect to MSSQL using Integrated Security

Looking for an update again... Stay with us, folks.

The 1/14 Xamarin update (5.2.1.13) includes Mono 1.8 support. Can we get a status update?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/mac/release-notes/5/5.2

Thanks,
Steve

Status?

Well, I'm specifically worried about the Mac version, but since the root cause is the same and this thread was more active I piled on here. I'd just like some assurance that the next time something breaks you'll actually take it seriously, unlike this issue. It is unreasonable that my network guy contacted you for support regarding a bug and the answer was to upgrade the client, which we had to hold back because you didn't put any effort into fixing this issue. At no time until a support chat I held yesterday were we offered any other way forward (Devolutions Server).

What I'm not clear on is if the Devolutions Server is included with our RDM license or not. If it is *not* then you're trying to upsell us after removing features that we paid for with our product. That's shady at best.

Given your lack of urgency with this issue, what assurance do we have that the next time Mono or xamarin break something that there will be a solution in a reasonable timeframe?

Did you try to work around the Mono/AD Auth issue over the past eight months, or just twiddle your thumbs while waiting for someone else to fix it? The lack of sense of urgency from your company doesn't inspire confidence.

In any event, 5.18 is out. What's the ETA for an updated Mac client?

https://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/5.18.0/