Forum

Posts by ngagne (ngagne)

ngagne
ngagne

I appreciate you trying to be helpful, but please review the thread. You'll see that I'm running the beta as requested above, and as I indicated in my last post I cannot reproduce it on demand, it just happens on its own.

Can you guys put together a build that has detailed logging enabled for click/selection changed events for the QC menus? Perhaps that will provide some helpful information.

3 days Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

I've never been able to reproduce it on demand. It just happens from time to time.

5 days Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

I did that and had the same issue. I can't say for certain as it doesn't happen every time, but it seems to happen after I've either left RDM running for several days or have resumed from hibernation and it was running.

9 days Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

I have uninstalled RDM, deleted the %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager directory completely and then reinstalled and continue to have this issue.

2 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Thank you - I have no idea how that happened, as I copied the link to the file from the context menu. I deleted the link and just tried to reproduce the behavior and was unable to.

In any event, I uploaded the video using your service.

4 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Sorry for the delay. Here's the new video.

4 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Sorry guys, not fixed.

5 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

Are you a single user of RDM in your organization?

If yes, maybe you can try to use RDM 2019.1.17.0 and see if the problem occurs in that version or not
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Just installed it. I'll let you know if it happens again. I'm hoping it's fixed because it's a PITA!

7 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

David Grandolfo wrote:

Hello,

The issue is solve in RDM 14.1.2 and above. Could you update to the latest version of RDM 14.1.3?

You can download it at https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Best regards,

Just had this happen with 14.1.3.0. upset

7 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Unfortunately this problem is back. I'm on 14.1.0.0. As an aside, I'm not sure why I would need to hover over the icon to get it to change anyways - why doesn't the click event on the entry in the menu causing the QC type to change?

8 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Just tried this again, and what I'm seeing now is that if I change from one type to another, the icon doesn't change until I hover over it again. I believe this is what you're describing as well.

11 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

Sure - here you go. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnz7434025cnv1u/IMG_0779.MOV?dl=1

11 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type
ngagne
ngagne

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks with Quick Connect. 9 times out of 10, when I try to change the session type (doesn't matter what I'm changing from/to), there is either a delay of around 10 seconds before the type changes or the type doesn't change at all. I have to keep going in and changing it and eventually it will take effect. It doesn't matter if there's text in the QC field. This has persisted across at least three different versions (I'm running 14.1.0.0 right now).

12 mths Quick Connect Not Reliable Changing Session Type