Forum

Posts by jsparks (jsparks)

jsparks
jsparks

Hello Nicolas
I did switch to the SRD and I am able to connect. I am still trying to process the different settings. I was under the impression that with the latest version a special wayk-admin account would be created for the unattended access. When I use the IOS wayk now app I do not have to add the username and password and it still connects to the unattended system, of course I have to enter the credentials to log in but why would the IOS RDM force that?

A quick question on the setting for "display" the choices are external, embedded (tabbed), and undocked. It seems that the only option to work is external when using the desktop version. Does this effect the IOS version?

thanks John

11 mths Wayk and RDM for IOS
jsparks
jsparks

Here are the settings from ipad and from one of the systems.

jsparks
jsparks

Hello Nicolas

I am running IOS RDM 5.1 and Wayk Client 3.02 enterprise. I have tried several systems at different locations and I get this error below. I can use the wayk now app and it connect with no issue, so I am able to help my clients out. I attached two pics of two different systems. on system is the wayk client install of 3.0.2 and the other was upgraded from a previous version. Let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks John

jsparks
jsparks

Looks like 3.0.2 fixed some of my issues, Thanks!! I am still not able to use the IOS RDM app to connect to systems that are not logged in. The wayk app will let me but I need the organization of RDM to be able to access several systems in different groups. The IOS wayk app is very limiting.

Great work on Wayk!!!
John

12 mths Wayk and RDM for IOS
jsparks
jsparks

Thanks Marc!

13 mths Logged on or logged off issue
jsparks
jsparks

Hello Marc
That will definitely help! As far as the unknown username and password. My case I have several shops that they want me to remote into and I have installed the app. A lot of these small shops are not on a domain and the username and passwords vary with some not even having a password. I do not keep track of these usernames and passwords. Also they may have changed the password at some point since I was in there last or even setup another user on the system.
I was just unsure if I needed to setup the connecting app with SRD and the username and password for every connection in case the system is logged off, but if I use the SRD username and password then can it still connect when the user is logged in? The SRP has a different password.
Having another wayk-admin account would help with this!
I am using this app more and more, and am looking forward to using it full time soon!
Thanks John

jsparks
jsparks

Hello
So I am trying to make this work on several systems. Let me try to explain. If the user is logged into the system then I have no issue connecting, all works well. If the user is not logged into the system then I cannot connect to the system. My understanding if they are not logged in then I will have to connect using Secure Remote Delegation and if I do not know what their username and password to put into the settings then it will never connect. Is this correct?
I am having all kind of issues making this work on my servers that I connect to also. Seems like I have to have the system already logged and the wayk app running for me to connect. This of course is not the situation most of the time as most of my servers are logged off.
Is there something different that I need to be doing?

I am using the enterprise registered version and connecting with the RDM app. I am hoping to get this working on the IOS also.

Thanks John

jsparks
jsparks

Hello
Maybe in the future you all can have a way to lock in the password so users don't see the password or change the password for the SRP. With it being on the main page, everyone can see and change it. Locking down the app would actually be best to prevent other changes as well.

Thanks everyone for this great app!!!
John

2 yrs Password masking
jsparks
jsparks

Hello
When will the RDM IOS app be able to access the Wayk unattended systems? I access most of my clients by my ipad so this functionality would be very helpful. I can use the wayk now app but it does not have any organization like the RDM for IOS app.

Thanks John

2 yrs Wayk and RDM for IOS
jsparks
jsparks

Awesome!!! I was not scrolling down far enough... lol

This is what I needed!!!

Thanks Again!
John

2 yrs Multiple Monitors IOS
jsparks
jsparks

It would be nice to be able to switch monitors in the IOS app, either the devolution app or wayk app.

Love the progress of this app!

thanks
John

2 yrs Multiple Monitors IOS
jsparks
jsparks

Beta 7.0 worked. Thanks!

2 yrs Connect from iOS devices to WaykNow 3.0 beta5 Windows host
jsparks
jsparks

I am running the IOS Wayk version 2.3.1 and the Wayk 3.0 Beta 6. I attempted to use the IOS app and I get "The TLS handshake could not be completed" and it never connects. Is there something else I need to do?

2 yrs Connect from iOS devices to WaykNow 3.0 beta5 Windows host