Forum

Posts by Sime3000 (Sime3000)

Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi,

That worked but there is no surprise there.

Is the reported problem in ticket number RDMW-3390. going to be rectified at some point? Can you confirm that you are also seeing the behavior on Windows 10 with the current RDM builds ?

Thanks

7 days Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar
Sime3000
Sime3000

Not sure I'm following the part about supporting uptime.exe. That's a command line utility that Microsoft stopped maintaining years ago and is a little buggy when used against newer Windows operating systems but the functionality is great and the response is quick. It uses event log entries, etc to determine system uptime and key events.

13 days uptime function in Dashboard
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi,

This is still an issue in 2019.2.4.0. Is there at ETA for a fix or for you to get your BT environment functional again ?

15 days Beyond Trust Password Safe - cannot navigate entries using the left hand navigation pane
Sime3000
Sime3000

16 days Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi David,

I created a shortcut to the RDM executable in C:\temp and pinned that shortcut to the taskbar.

I then upgraded from 2019.2.3.0 to 2019.2.4.0 and the aforementioned shortcut in the taskbar was again removed during the update process.

16 days Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar
Sime3000
Sime3000

Thanks David,

Not sure I follow your last post but I note that I just upgraded from 2019.1.41.0 to 2019.2.3.0 and it removed the RDM shortcut from the Windows taskbar again.

18 days Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi David. I left you a PM.

2 mths uptime function in Dashboard
Sime3000
Sime3000

Prior to removing the current installation, what is the best way to back up my current configuration so that I can restore it ? "Export All (.rdm)" or is there a better way?

2 mths Download earlier versions of v2019 ?
Sime3000
Sime3000

Thanks and to correct my last statement I should have said this has been an issue with every 2019.X version installation. Any 2019.X version listed in Change History that I have installed has removed the shortcut that I added to the taskbar,

2 mths Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar
Sime3000
Sime3000

I understand but when you add a BT entry in RDM, you do have the target machine value in the RDM connection properties.

2 mths Beyond Trust Password Safe connection type - Dashboard does not function
Sime3000
Sime3000

It does not occur for any other connection type I have ever used, including RDP. HTTP, etc. Only BT

Connection type is Proxy.

2 mths Beyond Trust Password Safe - cannot navigate entries using the left hand navigation pane
Sime3000
Sime3000

I'll be happy to demonstrate this and the Dashboard issue I reported in my other post, in a remote session. Cant provide a video.

2 mths Beyond Trust Password Safe - cannot navigate entries using the left hand navigation pane
Sime3000
Sime3000

Running the current release - 2019.1.41.0 . If I remember correctly this has been an issue with every 14.X version installation.

Sime3000
Sime3000

Thanks Jean-Francois.

Please keep in mind that if you have an existing BT connection in any of your RDM clients you should be able to see this behavior without the presence of a functional BT server. i.e. if you use Ping or some other function from the Dashboard it will not run that against the target server.

Sime3000
Sime3000

Can you please add an "uptime" function in the Dashboard ? This would be a real timesaver.

I can provide more detail via email.

Thanks

2 mths uptime function in Dashboard
Sime3000
Sime3000

When using the Beyond Trust Password Safe connection type, the Dashboard is not functional. i.e. it runs these tasks (Ping, Services, Computer Management, etc) against the Beyond Trust server and not against the intended target server.

Sime3000
Sime3000

Navigating between entries of the Beyond Trust Password Safe type in the left hand pane does not work.

e.g. if you are on Server1, clicking on the entry for Server2 does nothing and does nor produce an error. Beyond being an annoyance this is a problem because the user may think that they are connected to a server that they are not connected to and make a change that they didn't intend ….

You can navigate using the tabs at the top of the screen but the left hand pane should work the same as it does with a normal RDP connection.

Sime3000
Sime3000

I have RDM pinned to my taskbar.

I've noticed that for the last several updates the installer removes the shortcut from the taskbar and I have to re-add it after every installation. Can this behavior be rectified?

This occurs consistently on three different Windows 10 machines and is the only app I've ever seen that removes a user created taskbar entry during an upgrade.

Sime3000
Sime3000

Thanks Jean-Francois,

Is there a way to install 2019.1.38 with 2019.1.39 present on the system ? When I run setup it halts and reports that a later version is already installed.

Sime3000
Sime3000

How can we download earlier versions of version 2019 ? e.g. 2019.1.38.0 ?

Having some issues after the 2019.1.39.0 update and I would like to do some troubleshooting.

Sime3000
Sime3000

Hello James,

I think I provided the exact steps in my original post. If this is not sufficient for Devolutions to repro in their own environment lets please set up a remote session - there is potentially sensitive information that I don't want in a recording.

4 mths BeyondTrust Password Safe connection type - duplicate an entry
Sime3000
Sime3000

RDM 2019.1.25.0

When using the RDM Duplicate function to create a new entry from an existing BeyondTrust Password Safe entry, the new entry continues to point to the original server. i.e.

• Right-click on an existing BT entry, e.g. "ServerA", and select Duplicate
  • Go to the Advanced tab and refresh the list of servers in the System list
  • Select the new server name from the System list. e.g. "ServerB"
  • Save the connection
  • Connect to the new "ServerB" entry
  • Observe that a connection will be made to ServerA and not ServerB

This was not a problem in version 14.X where we used the Duplicate function regularly to create new BT entries. This is much faster than creating BT entries from scratch.

4 mths BeyondTrust Password Safe connection type - duplicate an entry
Sime3000
Sime3000

When I switch the display type to External it opens a PowerShell session and executes the "ConnectVIServer" command which fails. It looks like it is still using the PowerCLI methodology.

and I have now tried this on version 2019.1.21.0 as well .

5 mths VMware Remote Console / PowerCLI, Hyper-V on same system
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi David,

I submitted the screen shot and other supporting information last week. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Sam

Sime3000
Sime3000

Thanks David,

I installed RDM 2019.1.20, created a new VMRC entry, entered the vCenter 6.0 name and the VM name. When I attempt to connect I get "The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created". The VCenter/VM names are good, my credentials are good and I can connect to this Vcenter using the RDM remote dashboard connection type.

Any thoughts ?

Sime3000
Sime3000

That's great David.

Another example of the outstanding support of RDM.

6 mths VMware Remote Console / PowerCLI, Hyper-V on same system
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hi,

For an RDM installation on a Windows 10 OS that already has Hyper-V enabled, if you try and install PowerCLi to get VMware Remote Console support for RDM, the PowerCLI installation will produce the following error:

PackageManagement\Install-Package : The following commands are already available on this system:'Export-VM,Get-Cluster,
Get-VM,Get-VMHost,Move-VM,New-Cluster,New-VM,Remove-Cluster,Remove-VM,Restart-VM,Set-VM,Set-VMHost,Start-VM,Stop-VM,Sus
pend-VM'. This module 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core' may override the existing commands. If you still want to install
this module 'VMware.VimAutomation.Core', use -AllowClobber parameter.

This is not an RDM issue but is due to the fact that Microsoft and VMware use the same commands. Given that this is RDM's methodology for a VMware remote console session, does Devolutions have any suggestions ? One of the posts in this thread https://communities.vmware.com/message/2786013#2786013 suggests a couple of workarounds but I'm not sure if this would help with RDM.

6 mths VMware Remote Console / PowerCLI, Hyper-V on same system
Sime3000
Sime3000

David Hervieux wrote:

Hello,
Could you verify if you can download view this url?

https://devolutions.net/products.htm

Regards

Same problem here on two different Windows 10 machines, two different environments, firewalls, etc.
I can access the https://devolutions.net/products.htm url without issue.
Not a show stopper since you can still download the update manually, but "Check for Updates" is much more convenient.

8 mths Check for Updates not working
Sime3000
Sime3000

Can Devolutions provide us with some guidance on their .NET 4.7.2 support ?

i.e. When the system cannot support .NET 4.7.2 such as on Windows 10 v1507, v1511 or in my case on a version of Windows 10 that supports 4.7.2 but can't be upgraded because the machine is a corporate asset that I have no control over, are we stuck with RDM version 13.6.7.0?

If we use a newer version of RDM than 13.6.7.0 and the installed version of .NET is 4.7.1 should we expect it to function correctly ? Will we get support from Devolutions if we have issues ?

Thanks

10 mths version 14 and .NET
Sime3000
Sime3000

Hubert Mireault wrote:

The change should be available in the next beta version.

Regards,

Hello,

Can you confirm that this is addressed in VERSION 14.0.11.0 ? I read the release notes and I don't see what would specifically change the behavior.

https://remotedesktopmanager.com/release-notes

Thanks

10 mths Missing configuration tabs for the PasswordSafe Console connection type