Forum

Posts by Martin_ (Martin_)

Martin_
Martin_

Thank you.

12 hrs Filter by tab group
Martin_
Martin_

Thanks for that info James. 'Auto select item on tab focus' is what I was looking for. This way the dashboard tab always is the same as whatever session tab I am presently viewing.

5 days Auto focus dashboard based on tab selection
Martin_
Martin_

Is it possible to have the dashboard focus on whichever object I have currently focused? For example, I would like the dashboard to follow whichever tab I have opened; RDP1, RDP2, SSH1, Telnet1, etc., with the dashboard changing to each session I select.

5 days Auto focus dashboard based on tab selection
Martin_
Martin_

TY!

6 days Console session error
Martin_
Martin_

When opening COM3 port to access an ASA via console connection, I received this error and the connection did not load:

NotImplementedException - The method or operation is not implemented.

at DevolutionsTerminal.DevolutionsTerminalControl.set_SkipEnvironmentVariableSetup(Boolean value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.NativeSshManager.Setup(IVT100Terminal terminal, Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedNativeSerial.Setup(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.c05a4a169bb1ade915a9f6f7b6339eeac(FreEmbeddedView c60a5c3d79f5c9d8ce9ed13393ea1eab7, Connection c6aea3d31dfb3fea36c5f53f7fe93584c, Boolean c483b2477d7bfce4f8b55bb662eb78b4e, Boolean ca6a22d3f25c975ff31a01aa94e590fe7, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, Image cab3b489b5921f9edda008f021b9c5ea9, Image c18e36ba2df929c132bfdd653739df476, String ce25f92013b9e5e14507cfa11064210fd)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.Open(Connection connection, FreEmbeddedView frame, Boolean isConnected, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Boolean undocked, Image image, Image imageLarge, String svgName)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionParameter parameter)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, IConnectionSource source, Boolean checkOpenedConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeListView.cbad026f0443b4db7579b28d004e7ca8d(Boolean ce86b9cea9309620f2c628f54915f70f5)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ThreadManager.caa310ce107ed0c993f3d034df6d00336(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

6 days Console session error
Martin_
Martin_

Hmm yes I believe that would work. In this scenario, the configuration would be located in the object's properties window? And it would be hard coded to open in the set fashion every time? Sounds like a solution.

7 days Custom view setting - save as
Martin_
Martin_

Not sure if this answers your question, but I'm trying to not have to drag each time to its respective half of RDM each time I open it. It opens all the previous sessions fine, but it loads them all embedded and maximized. I'm trying to open it and have it look exactly like I did before I closed it...renamed tabs, tab position and order, etc.

Martin_
Martin_

Not critical. Thanks!

7 days Tab coloring outline
Martin_
Martin_

Is it still possible to cover the tabs in the fashion show below, with the contrasting outline around the tab? Or was that a feature of an older version(s) of RDM?

7 days Tab coloring outline
Martin_
Martin_

Would it be possible to save the current view in RDM to a file that then loads at next start, or has the option to? Possibly set as a default view?

What I mean is saving my RDM session as a template or file of some kind; saving with it all the open sessions and how they are open (split-screen,embedded, undocked, maximized, etc), along with the order of the tabs and any other settings that are reset when RDM closes.

Basically, I use split screen with about 15 sessions open and every time I open RDM I have to drag all the entries to their appropriate sides. Cumbersome.

Possible?

Martin_
Martin_

When using a password to open RDM (application password), and the password prompt appears, selecting cancel will cause the password prompt to re-appear indefinitely, no matter how many times I hit cancel.

Shouldn't there be a process to close RDM if 'cancel' is hit at the password prompt? Or close down after a certain amount of tries/'cancels'?

In fact, the first time I hit cancel after opening the RDM executable, it crashes. This happened again after terminating the process and trying again:

11 days Application password
Martin_
Martin_

When inside a Wayk Now session, and I attempt to do any scrolling, such as within File Explorer or a web browser.

What you described is exactly what I am seeing. Thanks Richard!

11 days Scrolling in embedded Wayk Now session
Martin_
Martin_

I am unable to scroll using Wayk Now as sub-entry of an RDP object in RDM. Is this by design?

12 days Scrolling in embedded Wayk Now session
Martin_
Martin_

Is it possible to filter the navigation tree by tab group? If not, could this be submitted as a feature request?

12 days Filter by tab group
Martin_
Martin_

Understood, thank you Hubert.

12 days Application focus with split-screen in RDM
Martin_
Martin_

Thank you.

13 days RDP Sessions not resizing (2019.2.6.0)
Martin_
Martin_

A thought - my RDP sessions (in this case) are set to log off at disconnect. Is the resizing at logon forcing the disconnect?

13 days RDP Sessions not resizing (2019.2.6.0)
Martin_
Martin_

I've uploaded a video showing the behavior.

15 days RDP Sessions not resizing (2019.2.6.0)
Martin_
Martin_

This is partially fixed. The first time I open the RDP session on the left pane, it is irregularly sized again. It attempts a reconnection at login, so if the logon is still in process, the reconnect disconnects the session. I have to open it 2/3x before it successfully logs in, resizes, and stays open.

In some cases, the session will not remain open at all. I have to open it externally.

19 days RDP Sessions not resizing (2019.2.6.0)
Martin_
Martin_

Thank you Hubert.

19 days Application focus with split-screen in RDM
Martin_
Martin_

Sent!

Martin_
Martin_

Can you send the secure link? This recording should show both the focus issue, as well as the bold-text bug I mentioned.

Martin_
Martin_

Screenshot or video? Screenshot won't show anything except a tab without a bolded title/text.

Martin_
Martin_

Thanks. Another related bug - when the tab/session on the right is selected, the tab title/text is bold. If I click the open session on the left (not selecting the tab but the open session itself) and then move back to the right in the same way, the text is not bolded making it visually indistinguishable which session I'm in.

20 days Application focus with split-screen in RDM
Martin_
Martin_

In RDM 2019.2.6.0, if there are two panes (eg RDP on left and RDP on right) and I am working in the right RDP session, the focus reverts back to the left RDP session if I switch to another application and back.

Maybe by design - but shouldn't it retain focus in the most recently used session?

20 days Application focus with split-screen in RDM
Martin_
Martin_

Thank you very much David - this will be of great use.

22 days Deploying Wayk Now with command-line options
Martin_
Martin_

Specifically, what an example script might look like, and how it could be implemented here:

25 days Deploying Wayk Now with command-line options
Martin_
Martin_

Thanks David - these WMI calls to the objects are a incredibly useful feature for me as we have a lot of movement on our campus and helps with inventory. Much appreciated.

26 days Lopad from Inventory shortcut
Martin_
Martin_

Would it be possible to copy the 'Load from Inventory' button somewhere more accessible, like in the dashboard or a right-click menu option? It's cumbersome to right click>edit>information>load from inventory for numbers objects.

27 days Lopad from Inventory shortcut
Martin_
Martin_

In consideration of the discussion at https://forum.devolutions.net/topic32095-possible-to-deploy-waykden-with-credentials-and-registration.aspx

would it be possible to show us a template of what that deployment might look like, best practices included? I would like to deploy a customized version of Wayk Now through SCCM and am unsure how this might be implemented, though it appears it can be done. Is there any examples we could use as a guide?

27 days Deploying Wayk Now with command-line options