Forum

Posts by hazen (hazen)

hazen
hazen

ok, I knew I wasn't crazy. I am using SSH shell as my entry types. So I wasn't sure how devolutions said they tested it with you and got it working when it didn't work for me.

6 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
hazen
hazen

so not to be snarky but I know it's not possible to just disable that progress bar. That's why I'm in here in the feature request section to request the ability to disable just that particular progress bar.

6 days ability to disable "loading data sources" status bar
hazen
hazen

wouldn't that also disable the 'loading web page' progress bar when using chrome browser entries?
We don't want to disable that status bar, just the 'loading data sources' one.

6 days ability to disable "loading data sources" status bar
hazen
hazen

how on earth did this make it past QA! Big Grin
We can live with it for now, do you have any ETA on this getting fixed? Next minor patch?

7 days After update to 2019.2.12.0 menu and ribbon are combined
hazen
hazen

interesting. ill create a rebex session to see if I see anything different.
Also, if you click the magnet.. how does that affect F5 when using webpage entries? Are you not able to refresh or find (CTRL+F) when using websites within RDM if you click the magnet?

7 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
hazen
hazen

@gkirkman, you're rather salty about the versions.
You know that you could only access and download them by clicking on the 'beta' link on the RDM website right? Those release notes are handy for people that are testing the beta's to know what is changing between each build.

Is your complaint simply that the release notes aren't marked with a *beta*?

I'm also not sure why you're so aggressive with the RDM staff. You state in your first post that 'for those that are testing', but then later you say you're not being paid to test the RDM software. So were you testing or weren't you? And if so, you should really make sure you have a repository of the version you're using prior to upgrading or doing any testing.
And if you were indeed on any of those beta versions, you would have had to click on the 'beta' link on the RDM website. So you would have known they are beta builds.

7 days Can someone please update the "Download Previous Versions" for RDM?
hazen
hazen

dude seriously? your first and only post is to resurrect a thread from 9 years ago? spam much?

7 days RDP Log Off
hazen
hazen

We have RDM launch minimized during startup for our technicians. It opens and flashes the GUI for a brief moment before disappearing down to the systray. It's great because RDM can be a little slow to load when using advanced data sources and/or if you have a lot of entries:
https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=30935

However, when launching RDM, even though the GUI flashes for a brief second and immediately minimizes to the systray, we still see the "loading data sources" progress bar for several seconds. It would be nice if there were the ability to disable showing this status bar.

7 days ability to disable "loading data sources" status bar
hazen
hazen

followed the instructions. Still doesn't work in RDM.

10 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
hazen
hazen

So it works in putty, not sure why it doesn't work in RDM.

I am connecting to a WS-C2960X-24TS-L for example.
I issue the command "ping 1.1.1.1 repeat 1000"

a few seconds into the command running I can press SHIFT+CTRL+6 and the command will break out and stop.
If I do that exact same thing in RDM nothing happens.

So this isn't even a matter of Cisco having different commands. It works in putty, but doesn't work in RDM.

13 days what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
hazen
hazen

What does this mean for RDM? Is this feature just not going to be available then? Or will it just take RDM staff more time to figure out the best/right way? (rotate through different break sequences, let user select different types of break via the GUI, etc ?)

hazen
hazen

Sending the break command STILL doesn't work. Just updated to latest 2019.2.12.0

Tried
CTRL + X
CTRL + SHIFT + X
CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + X
CTRL + 6
CTRL + SHIFT + 6
CTRL + C
Right click the connection tab -> special commands -> send break

nothing works.

hazen
hazen

I've done that. And as you can see, it doesn't fix the problem. Even though "menu" is selected for the ribbon interface, it is the ribbon no matter what I do.

13 days After update to 2019.2.12.0 menu and ribbon are combined
hazen
hazen

See attached screenshot.
Running RDM free, latest build (2019.2.12.0)
Just updated tonight.

After a restart the "ribbon" and the "menu" are both present.
If I go to options -> user interface and try and change it to either ribbon or menu and restart RDM I still get both.

I usually use the 'menu' rather than the ribbon and I'd like to get it back to working correctly.

Any ideas?

13 days After update to 2019.2.12.0 menu and ribbon are combined
hazen
hazen

I don't quite understand.

What would be the best approach for the following use case.

I have a server that hosts multiple services.
I can access/manage it via the following
RDP, HTTP

Another Server managed via
RDP, VNC

Another Server managed via
SSH, HTTP, VMRC (vmware remote console)

For each of those uses cases, do I need to create a separate entry for each management type and have the same server listed 2, 3, 4+ times?

2 mths what are sub-connections and how do they work
hazen
hazen

great answer. so current versions of RDM we would expect to see no functional difference with storing personal credentials in the database (encrypted), entries, logs, etc.

2 mths functional difference between MSSQL vs MySQL data source?
hazen
hazen

I've heard of them here and there in RDM, but I can't really find much mention of them in the RDM help documents.
Are there any screenshots of what these sub connections look like and what their use cases are?

2 mths what are sub-connections and how do they work
hazen
hazen

any updates? think this will make it into a beta?

2 mths what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?
hazen
hazen

Going through the support documentation, the MSSQL page says the following:
With the Microsoft SQL Server data source, Remote Desktop Manager uses the power of Microsoft SQL Server to save and manage entries.

However, the MySQL page says the following:
Remote Desktop Manager uses a MySQL database to store the session data. It is only supported in the Enterprise edition

So because this wording is different, I read this to say that only MSSQL supports saving entries, where MySQL supports only session data like connection history, logs, etc.

1) Is this true?
2) Is there any functional difference in features supported or not supported if you use a MSSQL database or a MySQL database for your advanced data source.

2 mths functional difference between MSSQL vs MySQL data source?
hazen
hazen

Every now and then I am on a role and clicking and moving my mouse fast trying to go to an entry.. and sometimes I will accidentally make the navigation pane bigger/smaller by dragging it.
Would be nice if there was a way to get it the size you like it to be... then be able to check a box somewhere that 'locks' that size and prevents it from being bigger or smaller.

2 mths ability to "lock" the navigation bar from resizing
hazen
hazen

hi Jonathan, your recommended settings is already what I'm using for my configuration.
This issue is easily reproducible.

With the above settings configured the way they are here is the behavior.
(keep in mind I have RDM auto startup when I log into my computer in the morning)

I log in in the morning
RDM starts and the window flashes for a brief second while also displaying the (loading connections) status bar
RDM reduces down to the systray (please note, the systray, not the taskbar) **this is the behavior we like
When I want to open RDM I can either launch it from the icon in the systray, or from the start menu
RDM window opens very quickly since RDM is already running in the background
When I'm done with RDM I can press the 'X' close button and close RDM. RDM then minimizes to the systray **this is the behavior we like
When I'm done with RDM I can press the '_' minimize button and minimize RDM. RDM then minimizes to the systray ******* this is the behavior we DON'T like

That last item, if I manually minimize RDM by pressing the '_' minimize button we want RDM to minimize to the taskbar, not completely disappear into the systray.

2 mths minimizing RDM causes it to go to systray
hazen
hazen

A question before we get going from free to enterprise version.

In the enterprise version, if we have entries that are set for 'display' to be 'embedded (tabbed)' as the default settings for the entry.
However, we have 1 user who does not like to work with tabbed windows and insists on working with individual windows. He also does not want to have to click on the tabbed windows every time and 'undock' them for every single connection.

Is there a way to have the display options be set for embedded (tabbed) for the entry, but then have some kind of user override global preference for 'undocked' just for his installation?

2 mths default docked (tabbed), but user preference for undocked
hazen
hazen

any updates? I would have hoped this would be in the next release, but it's been 2 months since any updates have come out. 2 months without an update is rather unusual for you guys.

hazen
hazen

sorry, I guess I don't understand the difference. Was the previous post implying that RDM is working on a new SSH engine?
Or that the feature request would get implemented into the existing SSH engine that RDM uses?
Or both?

hazen
hazen

why is it a feature request? Why do we need to wait for a new SSH engine?
My original question stands. How do you do this currently?
How does RDM send the break to the SSH session? And what RDM keyboard shortcut will make this happen.

hazen
hazen

rolflobker is correct.
I have tried CTRL+C, CTRL+X, CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+X, CTRL+SHIFT+6, and all the other ones google says to try. Nothing works.

I need to break out of a ping or traceroute in Cisco devices and can't seem to be able to do it.

The 'special commands' area of the tab when right clicking the session tab would be a good spot for a 'break' command. In addition to actually being able to do it with a keyboard shortcut.

hazen
hazen

How do I issue the 'break' command inside SSH sessions when working on Cisco devices?
Is there a default in RDM? I'm using ssh connection type

Is there a reason I can't also click on the tab for the connection and go to 'special commands'? Why isn't "break" one of the special commands?

hazen
hazen

Any update on this? Will this be in a next minor release? If so, is there an estimated release date?

hazen
hazen

So I think my issue is just a bad combination of a few options, but not sure how I should configure things to get the behavior I'm looking for.
I'm running RDM Free 2019.1.41.0

I have RDM set to start automatically when I log into windows
When RDM first starts, I want it to startup in the systray (General->Application Start->Startup window State = Minimized)
When I close RDM, I want it to close into the systray (User Interface->Trayicon/Taskbar->Reduce to trayicon/taskbar on close = checked)

When I minimize RDM I want RDM to minimize to the taskbar, NOT the systray. This is the problem I'm having. With the above options configured when I manually minimize RDM it disappears from my taskbar and goes into the systray. I only want that to happen when I close RDM, not when I minimize it.
But I also don't want it to startup and show up in the taskbar. I want it to startup into the systray, not the taskbar.

Is this configuration possible?

3 mths minimizing RDM causes it to go to systray
hazen
hazen

perfect. works. thanks.

6 mths disable macro execution popup