Forum

Posts by clarke (clarke)

clarke
clarke

Hi David,

My dialog looks quite different to yours. The Advanced tab contains encryption and authentication algorithm settings. I found the logging options under a 'Recording' tab.

As I share the RDM configuration with several users, I changed the path to be %userprofile%\documents\logs\$NAME$_$DATE_TEXT_ISO$_$TIME_TEXT_ISO$.LOG to make it user-agnostic.

This works, but I would prefer to use Putty or Kitty. The behaviour I experienced does appear buggy.

Thanks, Clark

2 yrs PuTTY/KiTTY with LastPass - can't load default settings
clarke
clarke

Hi David,

I'm using v 13.5.6.0 64-bit.

I just tried SSH Shell and it connects with the LastPass creds, but I can't see where to specify the session logging options, which is what I'm trying to use with PuTTY. I want to be able to specify a location and to use the hostname in an automatically-rotated session log. Can I do that with built-in ssh shell?

Thanks, Clark

clarke
clarke

I've followed the suggestions that Community members have made with regard to loading a PuTTY or KiTTY profile, but this doesn't work when you're using LastPass for credentials. It always says "Send automatic password" which fails, instead of using the creds from LastPass. I have to use 'Embedded session', which ignores the saved session name, or 'Session' and a unique session name for the LastPass creds to be successfully passed through. I would have thought that I could use 'Session' and choose a saved PuTTY profile. Is this a bug?

clarke
clarke

Any change I make to these settings makes no difference to the UI. For example, select 'Hide expired entries' / groups, or deselect 'Merge credentials list with sessions', restart RDM, no change

2 yrs File > Options > User Interface > Tree View - makes no difference