Posts by nathan02 (nathan02)

nathan02
nathan02

Ah ha! Thank you!

8 mths SQL Server Management AddOn
nathan02
nathan02

Thanks Jean-Francois!

I'm installing the previous version until then. What is the method to change where the add-on looks for SSMS.exe?

nathan02
nathan02

Any word on this. We recently upgraded to 18 and now none of my connections work. I get this dialog whenever I try to open a connection:

nathan02
nathan02

Prior to adding in the new 2FA login, I could set up and log in to multiple Devolutions Online Drive accounts as separate data sources (I have one account for work, and another for personal sites). Now I can only log in to one at time, even with setting up different data sources. While both appear in the data source picker on the left, it will only ever show one account's contents. This means that to switch I have to add the one I want to connect to, and delete the old one and log in again.

Is there a way to remain logged in to two Online Drive accounts, or has this feature now been removed?

9 mths Cannot log in to multiple Devolutions Cloud Drive accounts at once?
nathan02
nathan02

Hello! Microsoft recently released SQL Operations Studio with a new name: Azure Data Studio. This product supplements and might eventually replace SQL Management Studio. I'd love to see a connection plugin for Azure Data Studio so I can store my servers in . I'm not aware of a way to connect from the command line, I checked and do not see any arguments from a '--help' from command line. There is an extension framework and an API for it. Will let you know if I come across another way of establishing connection interop.

Thanks for considering!

2 yrs Request: Azure Data Studio
nathan02
nathan02

I can confirm that 4.6.02074 fixes the issue on the 1803 build of Windows.

2 yrs Cisco Anyconnect VPN not typing full password
nathan02
nathan02

I'm seeing this issue only after upgrading to 13.6.1.0. My version of the VPN client has not changed in a long time. Additionally, on another computer that I haven't upgraded from 13.5.8.0 I do not see this issue.

I see that the PC that doesn't exhibit this issue is Windows 10 1709, while the one that does is Windows 10 1803. I do not want to risk making changes to the PC that works, as I rely quite heavily on VPN cli working correctly.

Is there a direct download of 13.5.8.0 so I can test it on the newer Windows build?

Edit: there's a bug over at the Cisco website.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvj65286

Edit 2: just saw it was linked earlier. Nevermind...

2 yrs Cisco Anyconnect VPN not typing full password
nathan02
nathan02

Thanks! I hadn't seen that. I'll start using the 64-bit version then.

2 yrs Is 64-bit now recommended?
nathan02
nathan02

Hello!

I've noticed in the last few updates that the installer will remove the 32-bit icon from the task bar and add the 64-bit icon. I also noticed that the 64-bit icon (in the Start menu as well) used to be titled Remote Desktop Manager 64-bit and the 32-bit version was simply Remote Desktop Manager. Recently now the 32-bit version is labeled Remote Desktop Manager 32-bit and the 64-bit version is just Remote Desktop Manager.

Is the 64-bit version now the recommended version to use? My memory usage with RDM is very reasonable, not including spawned processes (here looking at you, RDP). I also rarely use external tools or plugins, just the included ones like VPN and SSMS/SQL. I'm not sure those even require the 32-bit executable. Does this KB article still apply: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_32bit_vs_64bit.htm

PS: Love RDM. It's an absolute time saver. Hours and hours and hours saved!

2 yrs Is 64-bit now recommended?