Forum

Posts by hermann02 (hermann02)

hermann02
hermann02

Hi guys,

I have just discovered the Connect When Available function, which basically is exactly what I have been searching for.
However, so far I have always used Tools->Check Availability where I got a graphical feedback about if the host is responding to pings again and when the port is open again.
Would it be possible to implement that sort of graphical feedback to the Connect When Available function?

Also I would like to know if it is possible to set a port scan timeout?
I switched from ping test to port scan as sometimes the server would still be rebooting, but is already answering pings. This would lead to failed reconnect attempts.
However, since I have set the general online test method to port scan the application hangs a lot as the port scan timeout seems to be too high and I can't find a way to set a different value.
In my opinion it would be great if we could set a manual timeout our a special port scan setting just for the Connect When Available function, so I can leave the rest at ping test.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Mark Hermann - netyard AG

4 mths Connect When Available Improvements
hermann02
hermann02

Hi everyone,

I've got a testing environment with an MS-SQL datasource with integrated security configured for RDM.
When a new user connects to the DB an error message is displayed, that the user cannot be found.
After a restart of RDM, everything works fine and the user is created. However, it is then created as an Administrator, which I'd like to prevent from happening.
New users should always be normal users. Unfortunately I cannot find the setting for this.

Is anyone able to help me out? smile

Cheers,
Mark

2 yrs Default User Type = Administrator?!
hermann02
hermann02

Thanks guys, it's working now.
Great piece of software smile

2 yrs Sending ALT-Key within the After Connect Macro
hermann02
hermann02

Thanks a lot, mate.
That works like a charm smile

However, I'm having problems passing the $PASSWORD$-variable via the macro.
$VPN_PASSWORD$ is working fine, but the other one isn't. It simply types $PASSWORD$ instead of the password itself.

I have already enabled the "Allow password variable" checkbox within the entry's security settings.

hermann02
hermann02

Thanks Jeff.

I've just tried that, but it unfortunately gives me an error message saying:
"Unable to execute macro. Keyword "SENDKEYS" is not valid"

Cheers,
Mark

hermann02
hermann02

Hi,

I'm just evaluating RDM and am pretty happy with it already.
However, I have a small problem with the After Connect Macro.
I have added notepad as my own command line application and I want to be able to open the file-menu by sendind ALT+F to the application.
When I press those keys manually it works perfectly, but when I try to use the macro it just doesn't work.
I can send normal text, but not the ALT-key.

So far I've tried the following:

%f
%(f)
{ALT}f
{ALT}(f)

What I'm ultimately trying to do is the following:
Open File / Connect / Enter IP / Enter username / Enter password / Send Enter within a custom application.
I'm only using Notepad for testing purposes.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Mark