Forum

Posts by jveenhuis (jveenhuis)

jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Hey there, I've been checking out Wayk Now as maybe a replacement or addition to our current Teamviewer usage but the only big function that's missing for us is the ability to control UAC prompts.

What I mean by this is consider the following scenario: A user needs support but doesn't have local administrator rights. When he opens up Wayk Now he gets a UAC prompt asking for an administrator password. User doesn't know password and clicks no, Wayk Now continues to start.

I as the engineer connect to his session and needs to do something that requires UAC permissions, for example to install something.
I open the setup file, user gets same UAC prompt and since he doesn't have the password (or isn't allowed to know the password) he can't open it for me.

Since Wayk Now isn't running in UAC mode, we as the engineer also don't see the UAC prompt so we can't input the password for him meaning we're stuck and we're unable to help the user.

If I were to be using Teamviewer I could tell the user please click no and hold on a bit, then I would close my Teamviewer session and reconnect but use Windows Authentication and fill it in with an administrator. Doing this triggers something in Teamviewer to open Teamviewer as Administrator and sometimes only asks user Yes or No in a UAC prompt (which I tell the user to click on Yes). After that I can do everything I need to do as Administrator.

This feature is very important to me if I want to consider switching from Teamviewer to Wayk Now.
Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

With kind regards,
Jeffrey Veenhuis

2 yrs Someway to handle UAC better
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Hey Jeff,

It kind of is, the only annoying part is that it's still a multiple step process.

Can we combine the Copy Password with the Type Clipboard button?

2 yrs Add button to sessions -> Autotype password
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

This would probably tie in with the permission to store password in variable and stuff.

Practical usecases include RDPing to a HyperV server and then continueing the session but then you have to type in your password and Microsoft Password boxes don't allow pasting passwords.

I used to use a AHK script to type whatever is in my clipboard but having it in RDM directly would be ideal.

2 yrs Add button to sessions -> Autotype password
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Thanks for the script.
Had to fiddle around but for anyone else looking to get this to work this is what I did.

Using this script for now, removed the Sharepoint requirements in my case because we don't use it.

#Created by Reinout.Dorreboom@bevio.nl, edited by Jeffrey Veenhuis

$User = '$USERNAME$'
$PWord = '$PASSWORD$'
$Password = ConvertTo-SecureString -String $PWord -AsPlainText -Force
$creds = New-Object –TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential –ArgumentList $User, $PassWord

#Clean up opened sessions
Write-Host 'Clean up the current sessions on the computer...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
Get-PSSession | Remove-PSSession
Write-Host 'Done' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Green

$Modules = @("MSOnline","SkypeOnlineConnector")

$Modules | foreach{
if (Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name MSOnline) {
Write-Host "$_ Module exists" -ForegroundColor green
} else {
Write-Host "$_ Module does not exist" -ForegroundColor red
$answer = Read-Host -Prompt "Do you want to continue? Yes (y) / No (n)"
If($answer -eq "n"){exit}
}
}

#Connect to the MS Online Services
Write-Host 'Connecting to MS Online Services...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
Connect-MsolService –Credential $Creds |Out-Null

#Login to Exchange Online Remote Powershell and import the MS Exchange Module
Write-Host 'Connecting to Exchange Online...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
$ExOnSession = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $Creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection -WarningAction SilentlyContinue
Import-PSSession $ExOnSession -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -DisableNameChecking |Out-Null

#Login to the Compliance Center Remote Powershell and import the Compliance center Module
Write-Host 'Connecting to the Compliance Center...' -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Cyan -NoNewline
$ComplianceSession = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.compliance.protection.outlook.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $Creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection -WarningAction SilentlyContinue
Import-PSSession $ComplianceSession -WarningAction SilentlyContinue -DisableNameChecking |Out-Null

Write-Host "`nYou are now connected to Office 365, Exchange Online, the Compliance center and Skype for Business Online" -BackgroundColor Black -ForegroundColor Yellow

Use the following options:

imageimage

Written a miniguide for my colleagues

1. Install msoidcli_64.msi (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28177)
2. Run Powershell as Admin and run: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
3. Run Powershell as Admin and run: (Y to everything): Install-Module MSOnline

Everything combined should make it work for people smile

2 yrs Connecting to Office 365 Powershell
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Yes.

For example: I have a customer with a bunch of RDP servers, a couple of Web Browser sessions and iDracs etc.
If you do it alphabetically all the different types of entries are a bit of a mess.

I know it's possible to make folders and put them under there again but I want to prevent overcomplicating our structure.
Some automatic sorting or maybe some manual sort button that does it once for you per type or some other property/column would be great!

2 yrs Allow sorting entries per folder by type
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Mark Flintham wrote:

In this instance Draytek and a custom built automation.

Can you tell me how you use Draytek VPN, is it the SmartVPN.
We still have one customer on a Draytek and any way to automate it would be godlike for us.

2 yrs Custom VPN "Wait for exit" option
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Hey there guys.

I've heard there isn't any feature that allows you to sort by type or other properties.
I've only heard about manually sorting which can be a pain if you have a lot of entries to manage for 1 customer.

Hope you guys can add it smile

2 yrs Allow sorting entries per folder by type
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

This could be decent but not as good as having it as a custom password list smile
Hope you can get it in for RDM14, any ETA in mind for RDM14?

2 yrs Custom Password Lists
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

This feature sounds really awesome for patch purposes. Would like to see it eventually smile

2 yrs Thumbnails for RDP Connections?
jveenhuis
jveenhuis

Hey there guys.

Just had a nice session with Mark and he referred me to this forum to submit my request smile

So basically I was wondering if you guys can make a feature similiar to the password list but be able to change what columns/properties you have.

This feature could be very helpful to group together a bunch of Office 2016 Keys (with machine service tag/token/keys) or other types of information that you don't regularly need. This also could prevent clutter in your treeview per customer.

Currently my workaround is to use the password list anyway but I put the Token in User and the Key in Password and the Servicetag or name of the user in the Description but I want to do it properly smile

Kind regards,
Jeffrey Veenhuis

2 yrs Custom Password Lists