Forum

Posts by Alexandre Bélisle (abelisle@devolutions.net)

Hello,

The certificate Entry Type would allow you to set an expiration date, in the "More" section of the entry's property, and you can access the Expiration Schedule to give you a quick idea of what's coming up, in the Administration -> Reports.
The certificate can be inserted in this entry (for distribution purposes for instances), but can also be a dummy file, or a dummy URL.

Should this would not be enough, you can enter a feature request here : https://forum.devolutions.net/forum17-remote-desktop-manager--feature-request.aspx

Let us know if it helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

16 hrs Certificate Management

Hello,

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

7 days No matter what entry type I select to create I always end up with MS RDP

Hello,

Can you verify in your Data source settings (or System settings) from Administration Pane, get to Applications -> Type Availability -> Session and see if VPN is ticked?

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

10 days No matter what entry type I select to create I always end up with MS RDP

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, glad it's doing what you need it to.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths RDM14.1.3.0 Powershell not working properly

Hello,

I'm not sure if i get this right, but it seems like you can get to subconnections from PS.
It would make sense, since these are not considered as Sessions themselves.

That said, you can access the subconnections with something like :

$Parent = Get-RDMSession -Name <name of the parent session>
$subSSH = $Parent.SubSessions | where {$_.ConnectionType -eq "SSHShell"}

Thanks for letting us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths RDM14.1.3.0 Powershell not working properly

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry the Synchronizer is not what you're looking for.
That said, and to get back to your script, using the pipe "|" would be the best way to use IF Exist technique.

Let us know if we can do anything else!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Get-RDMSession Error Suppression

Hello,

On my side, I succeeded including it in a try catch like this :

PS C:\RemoteDesktopManager\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.13.9.14.0> try {Get-RDMSession -Name "doesnotexist"} catch {write-host "session does not exist"}
session does not exist
PS C:\RemoteDesktopManager\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.13.9.14.0>

Also, Instead of setting parameters, you could pipe and filter the results:
$sessions = Get-RDMSession | where{$_.Name -eq $VMList[0].Name -and $_.Group -eq $VMlist[0].GroupName}
if ($sessions.Count -gt 0)

That said, have you read about synchronizers? (https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/entrytype_synchronizer.htm)
It seems like you're trying to do exactly what synchronizers are made for...

Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Get-RDMSession Error Suppression

Hello,

I'm not sure of this one, but I think that what actually kills it is this last "Set-RDMSession $Session"...

According to my tests,
Set-RDMSessionProperty $Session.ID -Property "PrivateKeyConnectionID" -Value "$SSHKeyGUID"
will set the correct value, and, sorry for misleading you, but the Set-RDMSession is not required, even worst, it kills the change you actually made successfully before.
Reason: $Session still contains the former value of the PrivateKey Connection ID, therefore Set-RDMSession just reverts it to its former value.

I hope this helps, thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Powershell - set SSH Privatekey Repository Value

Hello,

Under which version of RDM are you trying this?
Have you tried to call
Set-RDMSession $Session
after setting the properties?

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Powershell - set SSH Privatekey Repository Value

Bonjour!

Désolé du délai, et merci infiniment du retour!
Bien content que vous ayez trouvé la cause, et retrouvé la vitesse!

Cordialement,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Lenteurs des ouverture de session dans RDM

Hello,

To my knowledge, it's plausible that converting WebSite Entries to RDP is not possible as is.
However, Using Powershell Scripts you could Create new session based on the existing ones...
You can take a look here for all the supported Powershell cmdlet of our powershell module : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_cmdlets.htm

Let us know if it helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Split Description from URL

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Very glad it works now.
I'm wondering if it would have been possible that this setting was corrected in a previous session, and a reboot would have reapplied this setting...

Anyhow, it's fixed and that's what counts.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

2 mths Application Pool is stopping

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed our documentation states not GPO settings and assumes that no special restrictions are applied.
Unfortunately, the error you are getting right now is a very isolated case.
The fact that the LocalService does work indicates that IIS and app pool are working properly.

From what I read, it might have been caused by a change in policies.
Did you try the solution recommended here : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Azure/en-US/83741b68-a69a-4b2d-a5a7-64b69e15868b/scheduled-task-failing-0x80070569-logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon?forum=winservergen

Thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

3 mths Application Pool is stopping

Hello,

We're sorry you're experiencing issues with DPS (formerly known as DVLS).
Might it be possible that this account has been removed from SQL-Server?
If this Account has the right to open a Windows Session, you can try to login in windows and run MS SQL Server Management Studio (or even use RunAs to run MS SQL-S Management Studio).
You will then be able to see if the issue is on IIS side or SQL-Server Side.

Thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

3 mths Application Pool is stopping

Bonjour,

Bien que plusieurs paramètres peuvent affecter les performances de RDM, Dépendamment de la source il se peut que nous ayons les mains liées.
Je m'explique:
RDM 11.7.6 est une vieille version. (la version 14.1.3 est en ce moment en train de céder la place à la version 2019).
Citrix 7.12 quand à lui, semble avoir atteint sa fin de vie.

Donc, avant de prendre et d'appliquer une décision, je crois qu'il serait bon de définir la source.
J'aimerais savoir :
- Combien d'entrée se trouvent dans RDM? (Vous pouvez nous faire parvenir HELP -> Diagnostic -> Vous verrez un bouton Send au bas à gauche.)
- Est-ce que des entrées ont été ajoutées dernièrement?
- Avez-vous effectuer un nettoyage des logs dernièrement (Deleted History - Entries History / Logs)?

Étant donné la version de Citrix, je serais hésitant à prescrire une mise à jour de RDM (du moins sans période de test.)
Puisque j'effleure le sujet, si la mise à jour était au menu, je suggère de cloner votre Base de données, et installer la version portable de l'application comme décrit ici :
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm
Il est très important de bien implémenter le fichier override.cfg avant d'éxéuter l'application.

Avant quelque manipulation que ce soit, prière de faire une sauvegarde complète de votre système de sorte que revenir en arrière soit toujours possible (BD et environnement Citrix)

Merci de nous tenir au courant!

Cordialement,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

3 mths Lenteurs des ouverture de session dans RDM

Hello,

It would be possible to do such change through a Powershell Script.
I would suggest that you use a Batch Edit to achieve this (Select affected sessions, Right Click -> Edit -> Edit Special Actions, and choose Custom PowerShell Command.

The process is described here: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/batch_actions.htm
And some useful tips and tricks here : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_batchactionssamples.htm
The part mentioning Clipboard - Copy will be very handy.

We highly recommend that you backup your database prior to do this, since a mistake on several entries can turn really bad

Let us know if we can provide additional help.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

3 mths Split Description from URL

Hello,

I think you could achieve this with a Macro/Script/Tools -> Powershell(Local)
you can take a look here: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/macroscripttools_powershelllocal.htm

On my side, I "coded" a one-liner that display the password of a session:
write-host $PASSWORD$

On the Macro/Script/Tools -> PowerShell(Local), in General->Advanced, I checked the LoadRDM CmdLet, and on the credential entry, In Advanced, I ticked the "Allow Password in Variable" to be able to access the said password.

This is of course the simplest purpose of it, but you will find quite easily the availbale variables for entries (for instance, $NAME$ will refer to the Session Name).

Thoughts?

Regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Get entry credentials for use in powershell script

Hello,

I can't figure out what can be wrong on your implementation, but here's a tiny piece of code that create a Folder, a sub folder, and a RDP connection, all set to inherited for the credentials, I have set a credential entry that I linked to the root, and all works fine.

$folder1 = New-RDMSession -Type Group -Name "Folder1"
$folder1.CredentialConnectionID = "1310CF82-6FAB-4B7A-9EEA-3E2E451CA2CF"
Set-RDMSession $folder1 -Refresh

Update-RDMUI

$folder11 = New-RDMSession -Type Group -Name "Folder11" -Group $folder1.Group
$folder11.CredentialConnectionID = "1310CF82-6FAB-4B7A-9EEA-3E2E451CA2CF"
Set-RDMSession $folder11 -Refresh

Update-RDMUI

$ns = New-RDMSession -Group $folder11.Group -Type RDPConfigured -Host "qa-w107.westeros.loc" -Name "RDP1"
$ns.CredentialConnectionID = "1310CF82-6FAB-4B7A-9EEA-3E2E451CA2CF"
Set-RDMSession $ns -Refresh

Here's the result :
2019+04+08+15+43+50

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Struggling with the powershell module

Hello,

Unfortunately, since our PowerShell Module has Windows dependencies, ti would not be feasible.

However, our Python SDK is on its way, so maybe you will want to look into that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Powershell on Linux ?

Hello @everyone

Additionally, we can apply this the other way around to read the content of an already set PowerShell Session :

function Get-DecompressedByteArray {

[CmdletBinding()]
Param
(
[Parameter(Mandatory,ValueFromPipeline,ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName)]
[byte[]] $byteArray = $(Throw("-byteArray is required"))
)
Process
{
# Write-Verbose "Get-DecompressedByteArray"
$input = New-Object System.IO.MemoryStream( , $byteArray )
$output = New-Object System.IO.MemoryStream
$gzipStream = New-Object System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream $input, ([IO.Compression.CompressionMode]:Big Grinecompress)
$gzipStream.CopyTo( $output )
$gzipStream.Close()
$input.Close()
[byte[]] $byteOutArray = $output.ToArray()
# Write-Output $byteOutArray
}
}

$s = Get-RDMSession -Name "name of the session you want to get the embedded script from"
$DecompressedBytes = Get-DecompressedByteArray ($s.PowerShell.EmbeddedScriptCompressed)

# display the text

Write-Host ( $enc.GetString( $decompressedByteArray ) | Out-String )

Regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Setting the embedded script in a PowerShell Session

Hello @everyone

A member of our community recently asked if there were a way to set the Embedded Script of a PowerShell Session programatically.
Before even trying to solve this challenge, he came back up to us with solution;
We thought it would be interesting to share his solution with our beloved community.

So here it goes:

function Get-CompressedByteArray
# This function actually does all the encrytion necessay to populate
{
[CmdletBinding()]
Param
(
[Parameter(Mandatory,ValueFromPipeline,ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName)][byte[]] $byteArray = $(Throw("-byteArray is required"))
)
Process
{
# Write-Verbose "Get-CompressedByteArray"
[System.IO.MemoryStream] $output = New-Object System.IO.MemoryStream
$gzipStream = New-Object System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream $output, ([IO.Compression.CompressionMode]::Compress)
$gzipStream.Write( $byteArray, 0, $byteArray.Length )
$gzipStream.Close()
$output.Close()
$tmp = $output.ToArray()
# Write-Output $tmp
}
}

$InlineScript = '<paste the scripot you want to input in the embedded script section>'

$bytes = [System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetBytes($InlineScript)
$CompressedBytes = Get-CompressedByteArray $bytes

at this point, we get a fully functional compressed string that will be easily set to the EmbeddedScriptCompressed property of a powershell session, such as :
# if applicable, Import the RDM Powershell Module

$s = Get-RDMSession -Name "name of the session you want to set the embedded script into"
$s.PowerShell.EmbeddedScriptCompressed = $CompressedBytes
Set-RDMSession $s

Regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Setting the embedded script in a PowerShell Session

Hello,

I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for, but it will at the very least give you a good place to start.
As you mentioned, you can get a credential entry using the Get-RDMSession function.
You can also get the credential entry of a given session (PSConnection)
Here's what I have in mind :
#get the session
$s = Get-RDMSession -Name "<the name of your session>"
#get the credential entry ID associated to a Session
$cred_id = Get-RDMSessionCredentials -GetID -PSConnection $s
#then get the entry itself:
$cred_entry = Get-RDMSession | where-object {$_.ID -eq $cred_id}

The variable $cred_entry should now contain the credential entry associated with the given session.
This technique will work if it's a credential entry associated to an entry.

You might want to take a look here:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic23912-programmatically-assigning-various-credentials-to-entries.aspx
This will help you define how the credentials are assigned to the session, and reversibly, assigning credentials to entries.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

4 mths Get entry credentials for use in powershell script

Hello,

Turns out that this behavior cannot be ByPassed, as the .bat file is not transferred to the host to then be executed. The solution is to make the bat file available from a shared folder / mapped network drive so the host can access it.

Thanks @ah for your time

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Running batch files via the Remote Desktop Agent

Bonjour,

Il est possible de faire pointer les raccourcis vers un dossier directement. Ce qui accélère déjà énormément l'accès à la cible.
Est-ce que cette solution satisfait le besoin?

Cordialement,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Création de raccourcis d'entrées

Hello,

The link i provided had included a final dot that broke it. please try : https://forum.devolutions.net/topic23912-programmatically-assigning-various-credentials-to-entries.aspx

Since the powershell module hasn't changed much, most of what you'll find will work.
The PowerShell Repository section of the forum can be found here: https://forum.devolutions.net/forum42-remote-desktop-manager--powershell-repository.aspx (i guess you already figured that out).
When you perform a search on our forum, you can filter the result by selecting the appropriate channel (Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository)

Would you mind sending me a screen capture of your Access denied error?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Struggling with the powershell module

Bonjour!

Serait-il possible pour vous d'exporter votre session Powershell (en prenant soin de retirer identifiants et mots de passe anisi que les informations délicates), j'aimerais voir de où vous partez, je serai ainsi plus en mesure de vous donner une solution bien adaptée.

Merci et au plaisir.

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Création d'un script de type powershell (Distant)

Hello,

A frinedly notification to let you know that RDM 2019.1.3 (Beta) is now out and contains the fix for this issue. You can find it here : https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths How can I add a new XML DataSource from PowerShell?

Hello,

Indeed, installing RDM is no longer mandatory, as the console is now a standalone application and not part of RDM anymore.

We'll be waiting for the email to schedule a session, thanks for your cooperation.
We're looking forward to helping you.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Log in Button not working

Hello,

There are some neat tips on the Remote Desktop Manager Help page to do that, please consult : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/powershell_batchactionssamples.htm

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Best regards

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Create Session with all options.

Hello,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this kind of issues. We performed countless installations of DPS, and in most cases it goes smoothly and quite quickly.
Most of the issues we're encountering have to do with faulty IIS's, or sometimes AD Recursive Group Memberships...
We're also constantly striving to improve and facilitate the installation/upgrade process, and so far we have made tremendous progress in this regards.

When I asked if the user was created at DPS level, I meant is it in the Users List (DPS Console Users)
The Custom Users (Devolutions) are user that are not linked to AD. Testing with such user can rule out AD authentication issues.

Getting back to the issue, it would be interesting to show the Console of your Browser while attempting to log in and see what's in there (console and network messages).
For now, there seems to be a problem with IIS, maybe consulting IIS Logs may indicate the root cause of this issue.
We're still open and willing to plan a session regarding.

Again, we're sorry that for now the system is still non functional.

Best regards

Alex Belisle
signaturesignature

5 mths Log in Button not working