Forum

Posts by Alexandre Bélisle (abelisle@devolutions.net)

Hello!

As Min stated, following this article is the first step.
It seems that the Runner Account doesn't have rights on the database (otherwise, logs would be filled)
The article Min sent also point towards this one : https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_sqlpermissions.htm

As you will notice at the very bottom, you will be asked to write to the support (ticket@devolutions.net) to get the script that will grant the minimal sufficient permissions on the database.

If you wish to get it to work prior to apply those permissions, you can try to grant db_owner membership to the Runner account, this will proof your installation, but we strongly recommend that you take it out of db_owner when you apply the minimal permissions on the account.

We don't distribute the script because from a version to another, some permissions may change therefore we'd rather not have outdated versions of the script...

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

30 days web Login Issue with devolutions password server

Hello,

Viewing Logs is not logged (I could not find any on my side...).
However, You can restrict the View Log Permission, By going in Administration -> System Permission -> Miscellaneous -> Activity Logs and set it to Never (or any roles you'd like)
When set to Never, Only Admins can access this feature.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

2 mths When using a MSSQL Advanced Data Source, where are activity/access logs stored?

Hello,

Thanks again for the feedback!
I'm glad you found a way to meet your requirements.

Do not hesitate to get back to us if we can help in any way.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

3 mths VMware Remote Console

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll wait for the outcomes then!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

Hello,

I understand that connecting to a remote console using VMWare Dashboard / External app.
Have you tried to run a Synchonizer on the VMHost(https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/entrytype_synchronizer.htm)?
This will add the session in the data source directly, following a template.

These entries will be available to open embedded if I'm not mistaken.

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

Hello,

You're very welcome, thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths Migrate RDM to new SQL Server

Hello,

Good news! Thank you so much for the feedback, have a great one.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths RDM automated Powershell export from Devolutions Password Vault datasource

Hello,

Thanks @Ben05, it sums it up pretty well.

Make sure that when you backup the database you select the "Copy-only backup" option.
I would also create the logins before restoring the database, I believe that users will be linked to logins automatically.

This will work well assuming you're using database accounts. Also, if those database account are linked to a domain, it's important your new SQL-S is on that same domain.

If you plan to change the way users are logging into the data source, make sure they all export their private vault entries, and their user specific settings.

Let us know if you encounter issues

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths Migrate RDM to new SQL Server

Hello,

Going offline would not (I think) be a viable solution. first, it will require to login physically and periodically to ensure the cache is always up to date, and not deleted after the expiration...

That said, this should be working.
Here's something you can try :
- From portable version, make sure that you implement the override.cfg file (as described in the help topic I sent yesterday.
- When you import the module, instead of using the one in program files, use the newly created application path. Before it works, you will also have to unblock the files from this folder, with : dir * | unblock-file -verbose. I like using verbose so I can see them unblocking.
- Run the app, make sure it's not using your own profile config file (you should be prompted to enter licence and configure a new data source), configure with the DVLS custom user.

If you'd like, you can open a ticket (ticket@devolutions.net) so we can plan something to help you, or at least define if there's an issue...

Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths RDM automated Powershell export from Devolutions Password Vault datasource

Hello,

Could you specify what authentication method you are using?

I'm asking before we have seen some setups using Integrated Security not working as expected, as it's not reliable to try to pass an Authentication Token instead of a set of credentials.

Also, it is recommended to use the portable version of the Application to implement such functionality.
(https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm)

This way, you make sure that there is only one data source available at execution time (I suspect you might be connected to the wrong data source at run time).

Another way that you might want to explore, is to set you Powershell Script within a Powershell Session type in RDM, create a shortcut (from session's property window -> Advanced), and call it from the scheduler.

Let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

Have a nice one

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths DPS server not responding - Request aborted. Could not create secure SSL/TLS channel

Hello,

Thanks for the response, again we're sorry for the inconvenience,
If you need assistance, contact us via ticket@devolutions.net, it will be our pleasure to.

Thanks for keeping us posted,

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths DPS settings reset

Hello,

Thanks for the screen capture. the issue itself is that the console is unable to read / save the IIS Web.Config file.
We can see this when implementing a HA and/or load balancer as the encryption key from the console has to be exported from the latter installation on the first one...
Also, it might happen when a Web application has been moved from a server to another and the Web.config file was encrypted.

Have you performed any manipulation on the file system or the installation?

That said, the quickest way to fix this is to wipe the web site and reinstall it.
in a few steps :
- Stop the instance (DPS Conlse -> Set offline)
- Uninstall the scheduler service
- Delete the instance from the console
- Make sure there is no traces of the web app in the File explorer
- Reinstall

Thanks for keeping us in touch, sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths DPS settings reset

Hello,

Indeed, thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

4 mths Certificate Management

Hello,

The certificate Entry Type would allow you to set an expiration date, in the "More" section of the entry's property, and you can access the Expiration Schedule to give you a quick idea of what's coming up, in the Administration -> Reports.
The certificate can be inserted in this entry (for distribution purposes for instances), but can also be a dummy file, or a dummy URL.

Should this would not be enough, you can enter a feature request here : https://forum.devolutions.net/forum17-remote-desktop-manager--feature-request.aspx

Let us know if it helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

5 mths Certificate Management

Hello,

Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

5 mths No matter what entry type I select to create I always end up with MS RDP

Hello,

Can you verify in your Data source settings (or System settings) from Administration Pane, get to Applications -> Type Availability -> Session and see if VPN is ticked?

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

5 mths No matter what entry type I select to create I always end up with MS RDP

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, glad it's doing what you need it to.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

6 mths RDM14.1.3.0 Powershell not working properly

Hello,

I'm not sure if i get this right, but it seems like you can get to subconnections from PS.
It would make sense, since these are not considered as Sessions themselves.

That said, you can access the subconnections with something like :

$Parent = Get-RDMSession -Name <name of the parent session>
$subSSH = $Parent.SubSessions | where {$_.ConnectionType -eq "SSHShell"}

Thanks for letting us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

6 mths RDM14.1.3.0 Powershell not working properly

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry the Synchronizer is not what you're looking for.
That said, and to get back to your script, using the pipe "|" would be the best way to use IF Exist technique.

Let us know if we can do anything else!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

6 mths Get-RDMSession Error Suppression

Hello,

On my side, I succeeded including it in a try catch like this :

PS C:\RemoteDesktopManager\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.13.9.14.0> try {Get-RDMSession -Name "doesnotexist"} catch {write-host "session does not exist"}
session does not exist
PS C:\RemoteDesktopManager\Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.13.9.14.0>

Also, Instead of setting parameters, you could pipe and filter the results:
$sessions = Get-RDMSession | where{$_.Name -eq $VMList[0].Name -and $_.Group -eq $VMlist[0].GroupName}
if ($sessions.Count -gt 0)

That said, have you read about synchronizers? (https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/entrytype_synchronizer.htm)
It seems like you're trying to do exactly what synchronizers are made for...

Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

5 mths Get-RDMSession Error Suppression

Hello,

I'm not sure of this one, but I think that what actually kills it is this last "Set-RDMSession $Session"...

According to my tests,
Set-RDMSessionProperty $Session.ID -Property "PrivateKeyConnectionID" -Value "$SSHKeyGUID"
will set the correct value, and, sorry for misleading you, but the Set-RDMSession is not required, even worst, it kills the change you actually made successfully before.
Reason: $Session still contains the former value of the PrivateKey Connection ID, therefore Set-RDMSession just reverts it to its former value.

I hope this helps, thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

6 mths Powershell - set SSH Privatekey Repository Value

Hello,

Under which version of RDM are you trying this?
Have you tried to call
Set-RDMSession $Session
after setting the properties?

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

6 mths Powershell - set SSH Privatekey Repository Value

Bonjour!

Désolé du délai, et merci infiniment du retour!
Bien content que vous ayez trouvé la cause, et retrouvé la vitesse!

Cordialement,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

7 mths Lenteurs des ouverture de session dans RDM

Hello,

To my knowledge, it's plausible that converting WebSite Entries to RDP is not possible as is.
However, Using Powershell Scripts you could Create new session based on the existing ones...
You can take a look here for all the supported Powershell cmdlet of our powershell module : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_cmdlets.htm

Let us know if it helps!

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

7 mths Split Description from URL

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Very glad it works now.
I'm wondering if it would have been possible that this setting was corrected in a previous session, and a reboot would have reapplied this setting...

Anyhow, it's fixed and that's what counts.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

7 mths Application Pool is stopping

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed our documentation states not GPO settings and assumes that no special restrictions are applied.
Unfortunately, the error you are getting right now is a very isolated case.
The fact that the LocalService does work indicates that IIS and app pool are working properly.

From what I read, it might have been caused by a change in policies.
Did you try the solution recommended here : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Azure/en-US/83741b68-a69a-4b2d-a5a7-64b69e15868b/scheduled-task-failing-0x80070569-logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon?forum=winservergen

Thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

Hello,

We're sorry you're experiencing issues with DPS (formerly known as DVLS).
Might it be possible that this account has been removed from SQL-Server?
If this Account has the right to open a Windows Session, you can try to login in windows and run MS SQL Server Management Studio (or even use RunAs to run MS SQL-S Management Studio).
You will then be able to see if the issue is on IIS side or SQL-Server Side.

Thanks for keeping us in touch.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

Bonjour,

Bien que plusieurs paramètres peuvent affecter les performances de RDM, Dépendamment de la source il se peut que nous ayons les mains liées.
Je m'explique:
RDM 11.7.6 est une vieille version. (la version 14.1.3 est en ce moment en train de céder la place à la version 2019).
Citrix 7.12 quand à lui, semble avoir atteint sa fin de vie.

Donc, avant de prendre et d'appliquer une décision, je crois qu'il serait bon de définir la source.
J'aimerais savoir :
- Combien d'entrée se trouvent dans RDM? (Vous pouvez nous faire parvenir HELP -> Diagnostic -> Vous verrez un bouton Send au bas à gauche.)
- Est-ce que des entrées ont été ajoutées dernièrement?
- Avez-vous effectuer un nettoyage des logs dernièrement (Deleted History - Entries History / Logs)?

Étant donné la version de Citrix, je serais hésitant à prescrire une mise à jour de RDM (du moins sans période de test.)
Puisque j'effleure le sujet, si la mise à jour était au menu, je suggère de cloner votre Base de données, et installer la version portable de l'application comme décrit ici :
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm
Il est très important de bien implémenter le fichier override.cfg avant d'éxéuter l'application.

Avant quelque manipulation que ce soit, prière de faire une sauvegarde complète de votre système de sorte que revenir en arrière soit toujours possible (BD et environnement Citrix)

Merci de nous tenir au courant!

Cordialement,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

7 mths Lenteurs des ouverture de session dans RDM

Hello,

It would be possible to do such change through a Powershell Script.
I would suggest that you use a Batch Edit to achieve this (Select affected sessions, Right Click -> Edit -> Edit Special Actions, and choose Custom PowerShell Command.

The process is described here: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/batch_actions.htm
And some useful tips and tricks here : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?powershell_batchactionssamples.htm
The part mentioning Clipboard - Copy will be very handy.

We highly recommend that you backup your database prior to do this, since a mistake on several entries can turn really bad

Let us know if we can provide additional help.

Best regards,

Alex Belisle

signaturesignature

7 mths Split Description from URL