Forum

Posts by James Lafleur (jlafleur)

James Lafleur
James LafleurDevolutions staff

Hello,

My apologies, I meant to send you the link to the latest version of RDM Windows. That being said, would it be possible for you to provide me screenshot of the configuration of your 1Password entry in RDM? I will need to see every tabs that does not have their default values. These screenshots can be sent to me via private message.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

5 hrs 1Password
James Lafleur

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply!

That said, our engineering department have recently made a few changes on that matter in the latest version of RDM Mac. For this reason, would it be possible for you to test this version and see if this issue persist https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download ?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

5 hrs 1Password
James Lafleur

Hello,

Thank you for these recordings.

That said, as mentioned by my colleague, RDM is already remembering the last tab that has been selected in the Dashboard even after restarting the application. According to your videos, this behavior is different for you. For this reason, would it be possible for you to create a portable version of RDM and see if this issue persist?

To do so, you will need to download the .zip file below, extract it's content in a newly created folder, enter your current serial and run the executable: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmbinbeta

As for the tabs you are not finding useful, please note that they can be disabled by "right-clicking" on the zone next to the Dashboard tabs:
Disable

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

1 day A Useful Tab should open when you click on a Node
James Lafleur

Hello,

Since you are using the Free edition of the product, this solution won't apply to you. In the Enterprise edition of RDM, the "Import Permissions" can be managed under Administration -> System Permissions -> Vault.

That being said, the steps to import your .rdg file into RDM Free are as you mentioned above. You need to open RDM and go under File -> Import -> Import From -> Remote Desktop Connection Manager (.rdg)
ImportFrom

Would it be possible for you to provide us a test sample that gives you the same error? We could then test this on our end and see what might cause this.
This sample can be sent to us using the sharefile link that I just sent you via private message.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

1 day Unable to import an RDG file
James Lafleur

Hello Anders,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Since this option did not work for you, would it be possible for you to go under File -> Options -> Advanced and check "Use manual activate tab" in the "Other Options" section and see if this issue persist?
UseManualTab

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

5 days "ENTER" switches focus out of RDP session, if using multiple vaults
James Lafleur

Hello,

According to the last reply on this forum thread, I suspect that the fix you were looking for is already implemented in RDM 2019.1.41.
Do you still experience this issue with this version?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

6 days Behavioral difference between IE embedded and external
James Lafleur

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the option you are referring to is called "Auto select item on tab focus". This option can be found under File -> Options -> User Interface -> Tree View
autoSelect

Could you please try to activate this option and see if the same issue occurs?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

6 days "ENTER" switches focus out of RDP session, if using multiple vaults
James Lafleur

Hello,

Sorry to jump in. That said, it is indeed the way to go.

If this issue resurface, would it be possible for you to record this behavior and send it to us using the sharefile link I provided you via private message?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

6 days Crash at Splashscreen Startup
James Lafleur

Hello,

The feature you were looking for has been implemented in RDM 2019.2.8 and this Beta has just been released. I would recommend trying it as a portable version in order to keep your current configuration untouched.

To do so, you will need to download the .zip file below, extract it's content in a newly created folder, enter your current serial and run the executable: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmbinbeta

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

7 days WebBrowser.Refresh()
James Lafleur

Hello,

Thank you for this recording. I will provide it to our QA Department right away!

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

9 days RDP Sessions not resizing (2019.2.6.0)
James Lafleur

Hello,

Would it be possible to run these tools and see if this issue persist with RDM Free?

1.Run SFC Scannow - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
2.Run .Net Framework repair tool - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

9 days Crash app with code jscript.dll 0xc0000005
James Lafleur

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to hold the CTRL key + the mouse wheel in RDM and see if it allow you to go back to the "normal sizing" ?
If it does not work, could you please try to go under the Window tab and press on "Reset Layout"?

Also, which version of RDM and what type of Data Source are you currently using? Are you on the Free or the Enterprise edition?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

12 days strange sizing
James Lafleur

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter. A ticket has been assigned to our engineering department in order to see what can be done.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on this.

For further reference, the ticket number is RDMW-3767.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

12 days ssh - copy text with mouse
James Lafleur

Hello,

That would indeed be a good idea.

Could you please contact your Server Hoster and ask for this information?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

13 days Automatischer Login bei Telnet muss mit Enter bestätigt werden (Android)
James Lafleur

Hello Simon,

This issue is still under investigation by our engineering department.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

13 days Searchbar in navigation pane flipping
James Lafleur

Hello,

This issue is still on the todo list of our engineering department.
I will be in touch as soon as there will be any development on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

15 days minimizing RDM causes it to go to systray
James Lafleur

Hello again,

Our engineering department just informed me that this feature has just been added to Chrome as well.
The Refresh (no cache) will work when doing Ctrl+F5 and Ctrl+(Click on the refresh button).

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

16 days WebBrowser.Refresh()
James Lafleur

Hello,

I just wanted to inform you that this feature has been added on the todo list of our engineering department.
The new ticket number is RDMW-3731.

We will be in touch as soon as we will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

James Lafleur

Hello,

I will contact our engineering department on that matter in order to see if this feature can also be added to Chrome.
I will be in touch shortly.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

James Lafleur

Hello,

Are you trying to use your keyboard shortcut on your Remote Host or you are using them in RDM directly?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

19 days Short Cut keys not working
James Lafleur

Hello,

Which version of RDM and what type of Data Source are you currently using?
Also, are you use the Free or the Enterprise version of RDM ?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

19 days it is possible to make a backup to the configuration, templates, offline or online credentials
James Lafleur

Hello,

In order to get you started with our 1Password Integration, I sent you a recording of the necessary steps to create a 1Password credential entry type in RDM via Private Message.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

20 days Cannot Get 1Password to work with Remote Desktop Manager
James Lafleur

Hello,

Cloud you please go under File -> Options -> Advanced -> Other Options and check "Use Manual Activate Tab" and see if this issue persist?
ManualActivateTab

If it does, which version of RDM and what type of Data Source are you currently using? Is it the Free or the Enterprise Edition?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

20 days Jumping to Dashboard all the time.
James Lafleur

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to join our online chat?
To do so, please use this link https://devolutions.net/ and press on the "Live Chat" button at the top right corner of the web page.
LiveChat

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

23 days Invalid username or password, please verify your credentials
James Lafleur

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to provide me screenshots of your current folder structure and of the configuration of your entries?
These can be sent to me via private message. This information will allow me to test this issue in our environment.

Also, which version of RDM and what type of Data Source are you currently using?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

27 days COMPUTER_IP variable no longer working down multiple folder levels
James Lafleur

Hello,

Our engineering department would like to know to which type of server or which device are you trying to connect to?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

28 days Automatischer Login bei Telnet muss mit Enter bestätigt werden (Android)
James Lafleur

Hello,

I was just informed by our engineering department that they are currently investigating this issue.
They will contact you if they need to gather more information on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

29 days Automatischer Login bei Telnet muss mit Enter bestätigt werden (Android)
James Lafleur

Hello,

I suspect that this issue might be caused by the HDPI setting. For this reason, could you please consult the following help topic and try both solutions?
Doing so should solve this issue: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_hdpiscalingissues.htm

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

30 days RDP Resolution issues with 4K Display
James Lafleur

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Sorry about this. This feature is not available in RDM Android. I should have specified that I wanted you to test this on RDM Windows.

That being said, I will provide this information to our engineering department though the ticket RDMA-1139 and get back to you as soon as I will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

30 days Automatischer Login bei Telnet muss mit Enter bestätigt werden (Android)
James Lafleur

Hello,

This issue is still under investigation by our engineering department.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

2 mths minimizing RDM causes it to go to systray