Forum

Posts by jfrings (jfrings)

jfrings
jfrings

Hey David,

thank you for your answer. This is a pity because our company had planned to use the offline mode for disaster recovery. We have assumed that this is possible with an enterprise product, but without detailed documentation, which is available offline, this is unfortunately not possible.

Best Gegards,
Julian

2 yrs Documentation available in Offline-Mode
jfrings
jfrings

Hello,

a Feature Request:

Can you make Documentation Section of Sessions and Folders available in Offline-Mode, please? As we are using this for System Documentation and writing Details for Connections, it would be great, when we can see this in Offline-Mode.

Best Regards,

Julian

2 yrs Documentation available in Offline-Mode
jfrings
jfrings

Hey Jeff,

thank you.

Regards,

Julian

2 yrs Cisco Anyconnect plugin not submitting credentials properly
jfrings
jfrings

Hey Jeff,

i have disabled the UAC on the Jumphost, where the VPN-Connection should be established. Actually we are entering the Credentials by Hand.

Best Regards,

Julian

jfrings
jfrings

Hello again,

deactivating the UAC doesn't help.

Best Regards,

Julian

jfrings
jfrings

Hello Jeff,

We are using Version 13.0.6.0 of RDM. Launching RDM as Administrator doesn't make a differece, it there always the same Issue when using the Jumpfunction. When starting RDM local on the Jumphost (as Admin or as non-Admin) the VPN-Connection runs properly. When using the Jumpfunction, the VPN-Connection always stucks at the credentials.

The VPN is configured for the "hosts"-Folder that are using the Jumphost-funtion and VPN. The Hosts itself have this connection settings inherited. But we've also tried to configure it for every Host. There was no difference.

Best Regards,

Julian

jfrings
jfrings

Hello there,

is there any Update? I'm having the same Issue. But only when using the Jumphost function. When Using the RDM ON the Jumphost, the Connection is established without any issues. When using the Jump function, the vpncli is opened, the "waiting for dialog" Box appears and nothing happens.

Best Regards,

Julian

jfrings
jfrings

Hello everyone,

following situation: The sql server is on a different network than the RDM clients. The connection is through the firewall. It is not entirely clear to us which ports the RDM uses and which ports we have to release on the firewall in order to access the DataSource. The standard port, the 1433, is only used once, after that ports starting at 49000 seem to be used dynamically.

Configuring the ports via connection string (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic21082-customize-sql-server-port.aspx) is also useless.

My questions:

Where is it documented which ports are used for connecting to the data source?

Why are highports used?

Best Regards and thanks in advance,

Julian

3 yrs Datasource Connection - Ports used for MS SQL
jfrings
jfrings

Hello, Maurice,

thank you for your response. Is there any prospect of when the patch will be available?

Regards, Julian

3 yrs RDM installation on Jumphosts for multiple Users
jfrings
jfrings

Hello Maurice,

i have a short Question: What is the Purpose of the RDMInstall.xml in %localappdata%? Can there be conflicts with this file if several people access it at the same time?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Julian

jfrings
jfrings

Hello Maurice,

I support my colleagues Roman and Jan. The workaround of Gabriel Maret works. But unfortunately only partially. On some hosts the Jumphost function works. Not on others. Furthermore, it is not a practical solution for us to customize the registry on every host.

Best regards,
Julian